Pig, Boxes, and Traps

So I have played quite a little bit of Pig. Now I see that the devs are actually buffing the Pig in the next patch, but it being Year of the Pig I just wanted to throw out some ideas to improve the killer.
1. Survivors can't escape through hatch with the Bear Trap on.
- Probably the biggest issue I have with Pig really. It makes absolutely zero sense that they can even escape with the trap on. Just have it so that when they try to escape they get their head blown off.
2. Jigsaw boxes.
- Don't know if the devs have actually fixed this one witht the next patch, but when the Jigsaw boxes spawn literally two feet away from each other its not fun for either party.
3. Timers.
- This final one is a bit iffy. As the Pig you actually don't see the same timer as the survivors do. Now I don't know to well how the timer actually works from the Pigs POV, but I've noticed it isn't the same one the survivor has.

                      This is just some ideas I've thought up to just improve the killer and not neccesarily changed how she is actually played. More so just some general improvments. If anybody has some other ideas or can give me some good discussion on why these shouldn't be changes, feel free to shoot some ideas back at me.

Comments

  • Woah brother. Pig is one of the few killers in this game that make me crap myself.
    I literally have never played a pig game where her Jigsaw boxes spawned

    literally two feet away from each other

    I would love to get a map where that happens because I would teabag the life out of that map and fart my grateful survivor essence all over it.

    I think that survivors being able to leave through the hatch with the trap is fair some maps it's a lot harder to find than others and the clock is ticking for you to find your only way out. I'd be more mad at the map I got than the fact the survivor left with the trap on.

    I dunno about the timer thing, I thought it just pauses if the survivor is hooked.

  • @Kurisataru said:
    Woah brother. Pig is one of the few killers in this game that make me crap myself.
    I literally have never played a pig game where her Jigsaw boxes spawned

    literally two feet away from each other

    I would love to get a map where that happens because I would teabag the life out of that map and fart my grateful survivor essence all over it.

    I think that survivors being able to leave through the hatch with the trap is fair some maps it's a lot harder to find than others and the clock is ticking for you to find your only way out. I'd be more mad at the map I got than the fact the survivor left with the trap on.

    I dunno about the timer thing, I thought it just pauses if the survivor is hooked.

    Oh the two boxes next to each other happens, I saw it at the Thompson house at one of the jungle gyms, they were within 16m of each other or less. Luckily the team I faced was so crap I only needed to use 1 trap.

  • Amanda/Pig doesn't see the timer so we can't force a head pop on someone who is about to die. We can force it but without the information of the actual time they have left it's up to us to judge and force it. It's a fairness thing.

    The Jigsaw boxes need a chance percentage to find the key, right now the key is randomly placed in a box the moment you put the trap on. A lot of us are agreeing we need the first box to not have the key, the last box to always have the key and a percentage chance of finding the key in the other two boxes you search.

    Other than add-on tweaks, Pig is really solid. We just need to change her Ultra rares and add in more add-ons for Ambush distance and speed.

  • @Kurisataru Literally earlier today I had 2 boxes on the Grim Pantry spawn like 2 meters away from each other. It was just outside the killers shack. I've seen a lot of totally crap box spawns and hope the devs fix them.
    @HatCreature Oh ok the timer thing makes sense now. Really my only gripe with Pig is the RNG and the hatch. Although I think I've gotten luckier than most with my Box RNG.

  • @DuckApproved said:
    @Kurisataru Literally earlier today I had 2 boxes on the Grim Pantry spawn like 2 meters away from each other. It was just outside the killers shack. I've seen a lot of totally crap box spawns and hope the devs fix them.
    @HatCreature Oh ok the timer thing makes sense now. Really my only gripe with Pig is the RNG and the hatch. Although I think I've gotten luckier than most with my Box RNG.

    Yeah ifor Pig it's luck, for Survivors they just need to find the right box which can be the first 1 they search :( it needs to change.

    I've gotten head pops and I record every time I do, it's nice :)

  • The Jigsaw boxes need a chance percentage to find the key, right now the key is randomly placed in a box the moment you put the trap on. A lot of us are agreeing we need the first box to not have the key, the last box to always have the key and a percentage chance of finding the key in the other two boxes you search.

    Other than add-on tweaks, Pig is really solid. We just need to change her Ultra rares and add in more add-ons for Ambush distance and speed.

    I'm still not a fan of the Jigsaw Boxes being converted fully to a percentage system (especially if the percentages are not evenly distributed).  I am on board with the first box always failing (either that or RSN2 being base kit), but I don't really like the idea of boxes being randomly success or fail.  I think if they were to implement the guaranteed failure on the first box, they should make it so after searching the first box, one of the other three is randomly selected to have the correct key.
  • So I have played quite a little bit of Pig. Now I see that the devs are actually buffing the Pig in the next patch, but it being Year of the Pig I just wanted to throw out some ideas to improve the killer.
    1. Survivors can't escape through hatch with the Bear Trap on.
    - Probably the biggest issue I have with Pig really. It makes absolutely zero sense that they can even escape with the trap on. Just have it so that when they try to escape they get their head blown off.
    2. Jigsaw boxes.
    - Don't know if the devs have actually fixed this one witht the next patch, but when the Jigsaw boxes spawn literally two feet away from each other its not fun for either party.
    3. Timers.
    - This final one is a bit iffy. As the Pig you actually don't see the same timer as the survivors do. Now I don't know to well how the timer actually works from the Pigs POV, but I've noticed it isn't the same one the survivor has.

                          This is just some ideas I've thought up to just improve the killer and not neccesarily changed how she is actually played. More so just some general improvments. If anybody has some other ideas or can give me some good discussion on why these shouldn't be changes, feel free to shoot some ideas back at me.
    
    Hatch - My stance is that they should make the trap snap on the Hatch, but there should also be compensations to make the trap easier to escape from if there is only one Survivor left.  I feel like just giving trapped players a free out is too generous, but just flat-out making the hatch a death zone with no compensation is a liiiiittle too much in the other direction.

    Box proximity - Allegedly this will be improved on in the next patch

    Timer - I still am of the belief that Pig should see the timer but Survivors have to rely only on the beeping.  MAYBE I'm wrong, but I don't think giving the Pig access to the timer will result in a significant change in the effectiveness of forcing traps.

  • Hatch: Crouch on top of it and watch them spend their last seconds alive trying to shove you off of it instead of attempting to save themselves by running to Jigsaw Boxes. Then watch as end game chat turns into the saltiest thing imaginable as the survivor will start demanding that Pig be made intangible to survivors when crouching. So OP.

    Boxes: As they are now I agree it sucks when all the boxes spawn together. That said, from what I saw survivor side on the PTB the spread is quite nice. Still sucks though when the FIRST BOX someone goes to has the key in it...

    Timer: I honestly see no issue in knowing what people's times are.  Unlike Deep Wounds where the target is merely put into the Dying State, RBTs actually kill. Pigs that know which survivors are going to die due to RBTs are more prone to tunnel. Now if they wanted to rework Amanda's Secret and remove killer aura of Jigsaw Boxes but gave us the aura sense on removal AND timer reading I wouldn't say no.
  • @TAG said:
    HatCreature said:

    The Jigsaw boxes need a chance percentage to find the key, right now the key is randomly placed in a box the moment you put the trap on. A lot of us are agreeing we need the first box to not have the key, the last box to always have the key and a percentage chance of finding the key in the other two boxes you search.

    Other than add-on tweaks, Pig is really solid. We just need to change her Ultra rares and add in more add-ons for Ambush distance and speed.

    I'm still not a fan of the Jigsaw Boxes being converted fully to a percentage system (especially if the percentages are not evenly distributed).  I am on board with the first box always failing (either that or RSN2 being base kit), but I don't really like the idea of boxes being randomly success or fail.  I think if they were to implement the guaranteed failure on the first box, they should make it so after searching the first box, one of the other three is randomly selected to have the correct key.

    So even if the first box never has it and the last box always has it but the other 2 boxes with a percentage chance to have it you don't like? It's basically what you said, you said you're ok with the first box never having it and the other 3 nhaving a percentage. But to be fair the last box always needs to have it. Box 2 and 3 could have a 25 % each.

  • @HatCreature said:

    @TAG said:
    HatCreature said:

    The Jigsaw boxes need a chance percentage to find the key, right now the key is randomly placed in a box the moment you put the trap on. A lot of us are agreeing we need the first box to not have the key, the last box to always have the key and a percentage chance of finding the key in the other two boxes you search.

    Other than add-on tweaks, Pig is really solid. We just need to change her Ultra rares and add in more add-ons for Ambush distance and speed.

    I'm still not a fan of the Jigsaw Boxes being converted fully to a percentage system (especially if the percentages are not evenly distributed).  I am on board with the first box always failing (either that or RSN2 being base kit), but I don't really like the idea of boxes being randomly success or fail.  I think if they were to implement the guaranteed failure on the first box, they should make it so after searching the first box, one of the other three is randomly selected to have the correct key.

    So even if the first box never has it and the last box always has it but the other 2 boxes with a percentage chance to have it you don't like? It's basically what you said, you said you're ok with the first box never having it and the other 3 nhaving a percentage. But to be fair the last box always needs to have it. Box 2 and 3 could have a 25 % each.

    I didn't say that I''m okay with the other three having a percentage. I said I'm okay with the key being put in one of the remaining 3 boxes. With your suggestion, forcing a trap snap becomes MUCH MUCH easier because you have over 50% chance of having to search all four boxes (3/4 chance of failing the second box * 3/4 chance of failing the third box).

  • @TAG said:

    @HatCreature said:

    @TAG said:
    HatCreature said:

    The Jigsaw boxes need a chance percentage to find the key, right now the key is randomly placed in a box the moment you put the trap on. A lot of us are agreeing we need the first box to not have the key, the last box to always have the key and a percentage chance of finding the key in the other two boxes you search.

    Other than add-on tweaks, Pig is really solid. We just need to change her Ultra rares and add in more add-ons for Ambush distance and speed.

    I'm still not a fan of the Jigsaw Boxes being converted fully to a percentage system (especially if the percentages are not evenly distributed).  I am on board with the first box always failing (either that or RSN2 being base kit), but I don't really like the idea of boxes being randomly success or fail.  I think if they were to implement the guaranteed failure on the first box, they should make it so after searching the first box, one of the other three is randomly selected to have the correct key.

    So even if the first box never has it and the last box always has it but the other 2 boxes with a percentage chance to have it you don't like? It's basically what you said, you said you're ok with the first box never having it and the other 3 nhaving a percentage. But to be fair the last box always needs to have it. Box 2 and 3 could have a 25 % each.

    I didn't say that I''m okay with the other three having a percentage. I said I'm okay with the key being put in one of the remaining 3 boxes. With your suggestion, forcing a trap snap becomes MUCH MUCH easier because you have over 50% chance of having to search all four boxes (3/4 chance of failing the second box * 3/4 chance of failing the third box).

    Ok so instead of the game deciding where your key is after placing the trap on your head it decides where to put the key after searching your first box leaving it a 1/3 chance of finding your key in the next box and so forth. So instead of a percentage chance it's a game of odds. Well that works because it solves the problem of the first box you search luckily being the right one and garuntees time is wasted because they need to keep searching.

    I like mine better but yours is probably more fair, especially when you use add-ons to make more boxes, my idea would definitley kill most people in that scenario.