The Official Unofficial Guide to the Patch 2.5.0 Release Date!
The 2.5.0 patch is going to come out within the next 15 days.
Because of console release times, it can only come out on either a Tuesday or a Thursday.
BHVR has dropped updates betweeen 11:00 EST and 15:00 EST for every update since 2.0.0.
These are your possibilities. Do with this what you will.
Comments
I have faith that Santa will give me the patch tomorrow. Do you?
But how will we be able to complain and flame the devs for not releasing the patch when we expect it?
Dead by Daylight patches have always come out on either Thursday or a tuesday due to Xbox. They want to release the updates all at the same time, so that restricts it to those two days.
This is not misinformation, this is based on experience. Better luck next time.
No you make it sound like it is impossible to release them on other days.
As a PC player, what I understand from this is that even if the dev team wanted to release them on Saturday, they won't be able to do so because of console policies.
It IS going to come out either on Tuesday or Thursday but not because it can only come out on those days but because the devs want it. @brokedownpalace is right here. You are not very clear with your statement and honestly It misinformed me.
I don't see how.
EDIT: The update can only come out on those days because the devs only want them to come out on those days. How are you confused?
Ever since the 2.0.0 update all the updates come out at the same time for all platforms. Due to Xbox and PS4's certification system, it restricts updates to coming out on thursdays and tuesdays. If the devs want to release the updates at the same time on all platforms, it has to be a Tuesday or a Thursday. Anything before 2.0.0 has nothing to do with the updates now
oops
that was supposed to say tuesday
Does it even matter, when it goes live? I mean the changes and bug fixes are fine and stuff I'm looking forward to, but it's just a MidChapter patch. Not really anything to be hyped about.
yknow
tuesday and thursday
I saw a lot of people starting to ask about it so I decided it was about time I posted the unofficial guide to patch release dates again.
Will the patch come on a Tuesday or Thursday? Probably, because that is what the devs seem to stick to now. But content has been released on consoles on both Friday and Monday in the past.
Man why are you so angry? The devs are trying to stick to a schedule and I'm trying to spread the knowledge of it. Ever since 2.0.0 they've had an EXACT way of releasing updates. That's how it is.
Tuesday as the steam store updates and Thursday as its normally around a stream.
its going to be today or tomorrow
Well, tomorrow or Tuesday. The only things that happen on days other than Tues/Thurs are events. I believe those happen on Fridays though.