Is it just me or are killers playing way more toxically since the updated?
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but since the update, playing Survivor has been horrible. I keep getting killers who tunnel and proxy camp the hook. While yes, it does sorta waste their time proxy camping, I feel like it kinda ruins the experience…
Does anyone else feel the same, or this just a me thing I've noticed?
For context, if it helps, I have 1000+ hours.
Comments
Well, luckily doesn't matter.
BHVR wants to have kill rate around 60%, which I agree with.
And kill rate is around that right now for both soloQ and SWF based on data they showed us.
The data they showed us was before the big killer buffs and substantial survivor nerfs. I wouldn't be surprised if its around a 55% for SWF and 70% in solo lobbies.
What are you talking about?
What buffs and what survivor nerfs?
Basically only major nerf was healing nerf, which was like April? So most of the data are after that period.
How were killers buffed? You think 3-gen feature and current patch buffed killers?
Basically playing without any slowdown improved slightly, but you are going to lose many games anyway.
Strongest killers can do was nerfed a lot.
Maybe me playing at high MMR against strong killers is skewing my stats. I guess my point would be no killer should have over a 60% killrate, and no killer should be below 55%. If either of those two things exist tuning needs to happen.
Finally someone sane. It's true, Killers have been made stronger so that overall, it's more balanced - and that takes getting used to. It will be a while, but soon people will understand
I play Survivor side too. 60% of the time in fact. I play Survivor more than I play Killer most of the time. I play Survivor to hang with friends and don't care if I win or not, I play Killer for actual fun because to me that role's just more fun. I get to do more cool plays, it's more fun to me.
You are designed to lose 40% of the time as Survivor. That's not that far off from a 50% winrate. A 60% KILLrate not WINrate (not the same thing) is a 2.5k - two out with the other two having some hooks. So a tie. The game is balanced around a tie. The game and the Devs WANT you to tie. 4ks and 4 man outs are intended to be rare; you should be aiming for a couple out/1-3k each round, NOT 4k/4e. If you are in that ballpark of some escaping and some not, then congrats, you are decent at the game, it's fine, let it go. A 40% winrate is still great, and in fact the 48% you see 4 mans get is the outlier, proving that a coordinated SWF is nearly as strong as the weakest Killer. Weaker Killers do not stand much chance in that situation, which is why we see Killers lobby dodge groups like that. It's an issue.
The reason Devs want a 60% Killrate is to make Killers be even overall and have basekit good strength, so they may not have to crutch on perks like Pain Res all the time. They are still working on SEVERAL Killers to make this be the case, there's a handful of outliers (three last I checked) that are still struggling and a couple more than just need a few more buffs to make them closer to 60%. The majority of Killers are fine so they nerfed gen regress.
The problem is that doesn't help those Killers that do still need gen regress. Frankly, they did all the right things together at the wrong time - changed gen regress and did a few tweaks for Killer, and then also increased sabo and some gen progression perks for Survivor. This naturally leads to a slugging meta and a lot of "throw it in, see what works" on Killers just trying to make anything work. The sabo buff was an overbuff and what really needed to happen was another pass on toolbox strength/charges overall, some MINOR tweaks to buff sabo slightly maybe and a lot of little nerfs to generator progression, and some looking at the addons for toolboxes. I am of the opinion toolboxes should only do either sabo or progression, not both - and toolboxes are my favorite thing to bring.
All this buff did was embolden bullies to pick on weak, M1, baby, or inexperienced/rusty Killers who can't combat slugging as well, and nothing for anyone else - everyone else just shoves the charges on a gen, so nothing changed except a buff to one of the most obnoxious sorts of nuisance SWFs imaginable. In light of that… yeah. Of course Killers play nasty, especially weaker ones. They're all super frustrated because it looks like the Devs don't give a damn about them.
This I agree with, but let's tighten it in light of the fact we literally have SWFs that can win almost 50% of the time if strong enough.
I think the Killrate range that is acceptable is between 57-65%. No higher and no lower. Killer should always basekit feel and be much stronger than Survivor, period. I want my Survivor games to feel challenging, without the Killer having to resort to nasty tactics to do well.
I think worrying about SWFs when the vast majority of the player base is solo survivors is an extremely poor use of time. I agree with your kill rates FOR solo survivors. If that is the overall average killrate you are going for, then solo survivors will be that much more at a disadvantage.
of course you are. Same as everyone else :D What you consider high MMR is exactly same as what BHVR consider high MMR. For match making it doesn't matter how you are, or think you are.
Btw if you are losing as much as you act, you wouldn't be in high MMR. You need to escape regularly to be in high MMR.
So pick one, either you rarely escape, which means you are not in high MMR, or you escape regularly and I don't see your issue at that point.
That's impossible and opposite of smart.
Should Nurse, Singularity and Artist be buffed just because of low kill rate? It doesn't make any sense.
We literally have SWF that escape way more than 50%.
There were competitive teams going for 4 escape streaks and basically how this ends is killer from different competitive team stream snipes them with Nurse.
So buff Nurse? What a great idea.
Their data proves you wrong.
So either kill rate matters, or not. If it does, there is no need to buff soloQ. I disagree with that.
I think the fact that 90% of my games are the same 4 killers, is proof that I am playing against the top 10% every game. Killers gravitate to what is OP and hardly play anything else, unless a ritual or challenge requires it.
You keep saying how you track your games. So what is your escape rate?
Because if it is under 40%, then you are not high MMR. That's simply not how it works.
sadly tunneling and camping is the only viable option anymore, since survivors are so broken
This post is from June; there have been some newer updates since then :(
Also, there's no need to tunnel or camp. I do alright as killer without doing those things :)
But for a more in-depth discussion, there are several posts from after more recent updates with quite a bit of discussion on the topic, covering things like MMR-dependent issues, differing playstyles, etc.