The Two Most Frustrating Things In DBD
I have a few thousand hours on DBD, and while I am no where near the best player out there, I do have a decent bit of experience on both sides to where I feel like I can speak more confidently about the game.
Things being said, this game has two things that are the bane of my existence:
- Skill Checks when getting off a Generator, thus regressing the Generator by 10% progress because of bad luck or RNG. Why cant the game have Skill Checks work like Overcharge, where I can work on the Skill Check while moving around?
- Grab Validations, resulting in me not even getting a health state since the game delays the swing to validate the grab. I should have, at least, hit the Survivor for a health state, instead I just leave with sadness and nothing.
I love DBD, dont get me wrong, but these two things… these two things really, really dampen my mood to play.
Comments
Agree on first point, but about second point: pretty sure you give hit if validation canceled grab. They changed it few years ago.
I still sometimes lose out on hits as a result of Grab Validation, it's not as common as it use to be but it still does happen nonetheless. I wouldnt have mentioned it if it still wasnt an issue.
They should swap how regular and overcharge skill checks work.
It doesn't give you a hit, it automatically makes you swing, which can screw you out of a hit itself. Here's a particularly egregious example:
https://youtu.be/7moh_4zHdOQI didn't notice it in my games tbf. Maybe try to report it as a bug? Because it doesn't work as intended then.
it makes you swing but if the timing it tight enough, that swing misses. rare but it does happen.
It used to happen way more, but it still happens.
Basically when you get validated, you swing, right? So when you try to grab survivor at last second of vault and it gets validated, you are not going to swing in time to still hit survivor. Very annoying thing to happen.
Some more irritating things:
It works on the same concept as the Forced short M1 attack bug that can steal hits from the killer. The grab validation is completely separate from the hit validation, so the game can force a short M1 attack that misses the survivor.
That's another irritant, aim dressing. I like to spread injury pressure by going for someone unhooking sometimes, letting the unhooked person go so they don't feel tunnelled out, but then I am also causal. Sometimes the aim dressing forces me to hit the unhooked person instead especially if I come from the wrong angle, and then since the obvious target is right there (I'm not gonna hit the healthy person for the longer chase, why would I?), the end result is a tunnel off hook.
I wish the aim dressing didn't do this so I could give everyone a chase and some fun, maybe even get a hook trade this way?
Killers are forbidden from lunging at a nearby survivor, if a body blocking survivor is closer, because the proximity check will say the killer is “too close” to be allowed to lunge.
Oh, THAT'S why it makes me force M1 when I just want to hit the unhooker for pressure.
I get it but that feels really dumb. :/