DC’ing despite knowing you’ve lost
How do you guys feel about it? I’ve only ever DC’d due to massive spikes in Lag and when I’ve been tunnelled after my second hook.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have only DCed when its a real life issue, and even that is rare. Usually I stay in game and let the survivors farm me or if playing survivor, give the killer a free kill. No reason to punish others and make them lose BP because of my life issues.
I dont get it.
If an other survivor make a bad unhook, then i tunnel.
Because it was a bad unhook and he shouldnt get this extra points.
And you DC, if it happen.
Survivor can make mistakes, but you DC after 1 mistake.
You are the bad teammate in this moment.
PS: DC because reallife is good.
Because reallife is important.
I've only DC'ed if something bugs out and I can't move or something. One time long ago, I teleported to a trap as Hag and the guy had dropped the pallet. I was stuck inside the pallet, and had no other traps in the area to teleport to so I DC'ed. Another time as survivor the exit gates were bugged and I couldn't leave (I would just walk past the threshold towards the campfire), so I DC'ed. I probably could have taken hatch but IIRC there was another survivor in the trial still that had the same thing happen, so I let them take the hatch and I left.
I am not a bad team mate just because I left only a few seconds before I would’ve died anyway. A bad teammate leaves before they’ve been downed once just due to the killer they’re facing, or DC’ing because “Why not”. DC’ing is acceptable as long as the reasoning is, such as for an Insulin-dependent Diabetic like myself.
If I may ask, when Legion switched from current target to you, were you in an injured state?
the times you were injured, I would have switched from my current target to you, unless that target was also injured. I would have went after who I thought was weaker in that scenario.
Now if I was in your scenario and it was my second hook, I would have played it out til the end. I rather walk out with some BP than none. That is just my view on it though.Not saying you were wrong, just not how I would have done it personally. We all make our calls on how we handle things.
yikes
I just DC from a game because I swear the lag was so bad I froze for like 20 seconds when vaulting a window and I was damaged right after and lagged again and I was hooked. I never even got to see the killer because I wasn’t even in his terror radius, or lag made me believe so.
I almost always tunnel someone who has been hooked twice. Why would I miss a chance to take a survivor out of the game?
Sounds like you DC due to massive lag spikes AND when you know you have already lost.
That sounds frustrating but it's still a DC. Sometimes killers tunnel or camp for whatever reason...and it doesn't make it suck any less for that survivor. I would say that if you're solo, it's best to take the sac and move on to next game.
It sucks if you are in SWF though because you have to wait for the rest of the group, and I believe this is one of the (many) flaws of SWF.
There are a few games where I get rekt as killer and I just want the game to end (dumbass survivors sitting in exit gates teabagging when they could just run out; single survivor playing hide and seek after exit gates are open) and I wish I could just concede and move on....but I can't because DC'ing is against the rules, but THAT is a topic for a different thread!
It's a double standard and one of the reasons I play this game for a month or two...then get burnt out of all the juvenile antics...then eventually come back and play again.
End of story.
Rage quitting should never be something you do. Can't handle the game and the everything that comes with it? Don't play. I've never understood why people DC, just take it and move on to the next match.
Getting thrashed as killer? Getting tunneled as survivor? Getting camped? Flashlighted with every downed survivor? Just keep playing and move on, a DC won't do you or anyone else any good.
It is not healthy for some. Stress, for me, is detrimental due to my Diabetes and how stress increases the glucose produced in my liver, therefore able to make me ill.
If playing this game causes your stress levels to get to unhealthy levels, I believe even the developers would agree it might be in your best interest to play something else.
If this were the dbd e-sports championship and there was 3 million dollars on the line, it might be worth it.
But it's not. So it's not.
I'd rather kill myself on hook , at least you keep the bp. As a killer why would you? Yo're giving all survivors 5000 bp same as an escape and a satisfaction
There aren’t enough relaxing games released nowadays anyway. PlayStation Home was something I’d always relax on before it shut down and most games nowadays have a money-grabbing online service. Like Red Dead Redemption 2: try fishing peacefully and you’ll be shot in the back of the head by some a-holes that don’t understand the word pacifism. If there were games I could go and play to relax I would. But none I’ve encountered allow for a social aspect within a relaxing setting.
Really!? For what it's worth, I play dbd for a while...then it becomes stressful and not worth my time, so I play other games and eventually come back.
Try playing coop versus ai games. Heroes of the Storm versus AI is my go to for brainless fun. Fun and easygoing at ANY level and there are so many characters for different play styles.
Warframe is AWESOME. I have played it in varying amounts for years. Never gets old and very fun/no pressure...so long as you over gear and find a good group (most are). You can play solo too.
Killing Floor 2 is fun, relaxing, brainless zombie fps fun too.
Dont flame me....but WoW is actually VERY easygoing nowadays, unless you hardcore PVp or end game raid...but anything entry or mid level is VERY easygoing.
Those are just a few of my go to games when I don't want sweaty palms and want a Netflix show playing in the background.
I would most definitely enjoy this game more with friends. But when all of your friends move on to Fortnite and Red Dead Redemption is unplayable because every 20 seconds you’re back at the deceased screen again... it is disheartening.
Perhaps I should play Civilisation like Matthieu once recommended. I just feel disheartened to a point where all games are unappealing, and where I’d rather slide into threads and just talk. Hell, if that VR chat was on PS4 I would make my avatar a tiny anime girl and yell like a drunk fully grown Scottish man for the laughs.
Well there you go! The forum game is the real end game for ANY game.
I wish Marvel Heroes was still around because I that was probably my all time favorite go to game AND forum.
That reminds me....there is DCUO too....also fun....I play it for a few months on, then.bored and a few months off but the forum is fun too.
I play DCUO the same way. Play it for a month or two, get bored, go away for a few months, come back.