Game freezing after Vecna matches

Twice now my friend (Boon: Bimbo/Ruuin) and I (Hex: Twink) on Steam have had the game freeze to the point of needing to close the game from Steam. Last time this happened I got the warning of data loss if I did so, but there was no other option as the game could not be interacted with. This has only recently started up in the last hour, as a few hours ago I had two Vecna matches with no issue, and together we had a Doctor match with no issue end game.

and a side note, Susie's new cosmetic has Frank's breathing sounds. Poor girl needs a throat drop.

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • can confirm game became unresponsive after playing a vecna match on gideon. had to force close the game.

  • can confirm haveing same problem as well

  • Can confirm had a game against Vecna and it froze when trying to leave the result screen.

    Edit: it was on Hawkins.

  • Same thing happened to me

  • Same on Xbox Series X. I think we have to leave instantly or risk this. I stayed around to look at the numbers and it froze.

  • Same here after Vecna match. Also a different map so i don't think its a map issue. Something weird is happening at the result screen causing a freeze.. game sounds still functioning but task manager not responding.

  • Same, I just had two matches with Vecna back to back and as soon as the game ends the game becomes unresponsive…

  • I haven’t encountered freezing but I have encountered massive frame drops and stuttering it makes chases un-winnable as survivors and even playing a custom match as vecna massive frame issues.. in certain spots on certain maps.

  • @Skillfulstone said:

    Can confirm had a game against Vecna and it froze when trying to leave the result screen.

    Edit: it was on Hawkins.

    Yup, happened to me too after a match on Hawkins.

  • PC/Steam. Had this too yesterday. Vecna on autohaven.

    Match ended with 4k. Suddenly froze and had to be closed via Steam.

  • Again today.

    I was last surv - was killed - nothing happens.

    A few seconds later - to endscreen - Vecna and me shown as disconnected. At least it dindßt get stuck completely.

  • It's still happening, I just watched a streamer experience it at 6:30pm est

    I sent a report about it stating my friends and I have experienced it and even added in when another streamer experienced it while communicating in the ticket. It's not a me problem, it's something to do with Vecna.

    I'm not asking to know what changes are coming for him, I want the freezing to be looked into, this is a problem on the games end with that killer in particular. I wish I could send a shot of the builds they run, but the game literally freezes/becomes unresponsive.