Devs, why are you trying to break up the band?
The 90 second cooldown on bardic inspiration? Sadge. I know it also extends the use of the perk to get value but honestly… I don’t care about the actual value. I just wanna be able to serenade the homies in short spurts. Yall can remove all the benefit from the perk if you want, just gimme shorter cooldowns and the ability to play the lute more often. 🤣🤣🤣
Comments
Now we can get the whole band together and run over to the guy ending himself on hook so we can give him a live show to go out to.
The worst part is this doesn't significantly affect the perk's value either.
Sure, it's a buff, and the raw numbers with everyone working on a generator for straight seconds with this perk are likely to be better as opposed to if you did not spend 15 seconds casting it. However, now the perk suffers from 'Friendly Competition' syndrome.
Yeah, sure, great, the buff now lasts for 90 seconds.
Unfortunately generators with 2 people lasts ~53 seconds and generators with 3 people (very rare) last ~43 seconds without skill checks, and a variable amount of time less with skill checks. Since the duration of the objective is significantly shorter than the duration of the buff, the remainder of the buff in the majority of scenarios is likely to be wasted traveling, rescuing, booning, etc.
So this buff, while decent if everyone hugs a generator for 90 seconds, is unrealistic because it's literally impossible to do so.
—
Basically they nerfed meme value of it by increasing the cooldown, and they didn't really affect the benefits because it's too difficult to consistently make use of the longer duration in a real game.
So I'm sitting here asking myself what the point of these changes are, as they don't cater to either their fun-loving meme nor efficiency-loving sweaty audience.
All they needed to do was make a dynamic cast time, or reduce the cast time necessary for the buff to be fully applied for 60 seconds. Oh well.
This is like the wiretap buff that was actually a nerf. I have no clue why they do this stuff.
This is very well put! It nerfs the meme value exponentially and doesn’t really buff the actual value. I’ll be honest I don’t see anyone running this perk for anything other than the meme value and nerfing that from it just ruins the perk.