Its getting hot around where I live, so have some of my Hot Takes
Nothing really to say, I have some opinions, and I feel like Lighting Round-ing them, so here we go
- Nurse is the closest thing to a fully legit cheat-engine you can have in DBD
- The STBFL nerf was completely pointless
- Anon mode was a mistake and serves no purpose that privating your profile and setting your messages to friends only didn't already serve
- A Monster Hunter chapter would be awesome
- All previous modifiers should be available in custom games
- Lerys and Hawkins are good and well designed maps that provide unique ways of playing survivor instead of just mindlessly looping the same 3 structures on every map
- GOJ and Disturbed Ward are terribly designed and should be reworked to be not have all of the safety on the map be in exactly one spot
- Skull Merchant isn't badly designed, y'all just suck at countering her
- Blackwater Swamp should be burnt to the ground
- We need more killers that break the humanoid template, gimme more monsters and 4-legged creatures, not more humans or human-adjacent killers
- Trickster should have a DIO skin
- There is quite literally zero incentive in actually winning a match of DBD, the fake SBMM that is actually a slot machine in disguise just managed to gaslight y'all into tryharding and making yourselves miserable
- Most of the skyboxes and invisible walls just need to go away, there is zero reason I shouldn't be allowed to launch myself off the GOJ or Thompson House main buildings with Shred
- Bring back Spacebilly (A cold one, I know, but still, thought I'd mention it)
- Wesker should be able to launch himself off of high places like Demo can, maybe then I'd actually feel something playing him
- Raccoon City or the Mansion from RE1 would have been much better maps then RCPD
- TTVs are not nearly as toxic or showboaty as some of you think, and even if they are, who gives a #########, nobody forces you to engage with them once the match is over
- Maining a killer or maining a perk build is really silly, since you are limiting how many different ways you can play DBD
- A Mimic killer would fit into DBD perfectly if they're given more tools besides just mimicking survivors (Another cold one, but I'm mentioning it anyway)
- Rapid Brutality is a good perk on a lot of killers, mainly Singularity and Clown
- A Warhammer Fantasy chapter would be better then a Warhammer 40k chapter, I am completely biased, Skaven forever, yes-yes
And finally
22. Weaving Spiders is a good perk, even before the buff its getting in the DnD patch
G'night
Comments
Air Conditioning? In this Economy?!
I mean, some of these are definitely hot takes, but is the Nurse one really a hot take? I feel like at this point many people agree that she is just ridiculously op.
Also, I enjoy the swamp maps for the most part so I'd like to keep them.
I don't see a Monster Hunter chapter working that well myself, but I mean, I want a Diamond is Unbreakable chapter or a Persona 4 chapter so I don't really get to say much, huh?
Counterpoint to 11:Dio Brando would make a really good standalone killer. But DIO Trickster is acceptable.
I stopped at 3
The first take is literally so cold that I froze to death while typin
i take number ten. im so done with human killers. give me monsters.
giant animals like spiders or snakes. muntant animals. a freaking werewolf as long as he isnt just a hairy human. i take everything but another human
You lost me at 3.
Look into "Electric Aggregation" We had our KW/H price basically cut in half. Also DBD stuff or whatever.
number 1 isnt really a hot take, i have an actual hot take abt nurse:
shes the hardest killer to play with and she isnt as overpowered as eveyone say she is
I don't know if that's true for a pub setting, but apparently for comp that's true.
#9 speaks to me on a personal level, preach it
I got a few
1: Hawkins is only good if your playing with nostalgia, the upstairs sucks, the one person generator is a trap, the best chance you got to get a survivor down is hope a hook spawns up there or around otherwise there getting out, and it feels like a maze, with lerys you atleast got windows to move but I keep getting turnt around.
2: people who are toxic normally suck at the game so just tunnel them out if you really don’t like them.
3: the 3 gen stop is flawed if the game goes on for a while. I’ve had gens get blocked while playing normally. Having it reset after so long or having it be able to be kicked again after so long would be great, but it won’t happen cause some people will take advantage and have it reinstated
4: people who say “this can’t be in the game because it’s not horror” don’t realize it has aot, Alice in wonderland, and so much more, having fun things would be Awsome
And one Icy cold take is killing your self on hook should have a penalty as well
Billy was massively overbuffed and I'm tired of pretending he's still remotely fun to play against.
Well unlucky if you don't like him, I think he is still one of the most fun killers to play against in the game. And I would not say he was over buffed, although I will say that lopro should have never existed to begin with and is still bad addon design.
LoPro was fine before his entire kit was way overturned.
The fun of playing vs Billy was greeding pallets in a high risk/ high reward way where most tiles were 50/50 and the better player wins. Now it's just "drop the pallet or die if the Billy has a few hours of muscle memory. And also die anyway if he has LoPro or Thompsons Mix.
The longer curving window was way too much.
I agree to an extend. I think he was a bit overbuffed. His cooldown after chainsawing is still a tad too forgiving and the extra curving duration was unnecessary.
Here's a hot take for the thread that I'll probably get flack for:
The current iteration of hit-and-run Wraith is one of the unhealthiest killers in the game for solo queue currently.
I wouldn't say the better player won against his weak version... It was more of a if the survivors knew what they were doing you were having a rough time...
The issue with lopro is that it puts you in lose lose situations, and while it's strength was fine with how weak Billy was I dislike the concept in general.
You're gonna have to elaborate on how you wanna portray a perk that gives you 30 seconds' worth of work out of 120 seconds of input, on top of inflicting perma-broken, as a 'good perk'.
In addition to the killer immediately knowing where that survivor is if he pays attention...