The Pop Nerf is SLIGHTLY brutal
This new update affects all of the major slowdowns that are used in the majority of builds, and thankfully they are all minor number tweaks. Pain res, deadlock, and grim embrace all got nerfs ranging from 16.6% to 20%. While those sound big, they are still very functional and still effectively serve their purposes of disruption.
pop was gutted by this with a huge 33.3% nerf. Despite being arguably the weakest out of the 3, their nerf was one of the hardest hitting. I think a change to 25%, or even 15% total regression would be a better change
Comments
30% was strong, I won’t lie, but 20% is very weak. I still think a 25% will put it in line with the other changes. Eruption and surge are more likely to get value than pop with this change.
I understand that, but there is a reason why pop was buffed from 20% to 30% it’s because 20% is simply too weak, and an extra 2.5% from base kick totaling to 5% plus the 20% is still abysmally weak. Making it 25% would keep it somewhat balanced. My main gripe is the other perks, which are significantly stronger than pop got a light touch on the wrist. Despite their nerfs they are still 100% as effective as before (deadlock maybe be weaker but it was a very deserved nerf) Pop, which was the least problematic of them all (solo at least) is given the harshest nerf out of them all.
Honestly, it was fine at 20%. I was using it quite a lot even between 6.1.0-7.0.0
With the stackable regression meta such changes were inevitable. Still you can soo much slowdown out of this perk cause you get it everytime you progress your objective.
Dejavú needs to lose the 6%. It was a temporary solution until the 3 gen system got put into place. That would help a little bit so they can’t stack multiple dejavús, on top of resilience’s etc
At least give pop 60 seconds instead of 45.
I gotta find the survivor, chase them, injury them, chase more, down, find a hook, walk to a hook, finally then walk my fat butt to a Gen and hope it has a decent amount of progress.
(Below is credited to the individual who wrote this)
I really think people underestimate how long it takes killers to do anything. Do you know how long it takes to hook a survivor?
2.7 wipe animation
3 second pickup animation
~10 seconds to walk to a scourge hook (a little more than half the bar, sometimes more sometimes less, but scourge hooks are harder to get to sometimes)
1.5 second hook animation
2.7 + 3 + 10 + 1.5 + 11 = 28.2 seconds.
Let that sink in.
there in lies a design problem. If one slowdown perk isn’t enough to get value, why not run 4? There is no reason to put just one slowdown perk no matter how many changes you make I honestly think buff slowdowns, AND THEN limiting the amount you can run would be a strange, but healthy change