Strobing - Assistance Needed

We have received reports of bright flashes occurring during the match following the 7.7.0 update. Our team is currently working to pinpoint the cause of this issue and implement a fix as soon as possible. If you have experienced this issue, we would greatly appreciate any information that can lead us to identifying the exact steps and situations necessary to reproduce it. In particular, some things that would be helpful are:

  • The platform you play on
  • (PC) Your PC components including Direct X version
  • When this issue occured for you and how often
  • (PC) Your log file, if unable to upload your log file for any reason, please contact Player Support with the information.

    Thank you for any help you can provide!

The Dead by Daylight Team

EDIT: We confirm Friday's tentative fix for the Strobing / Flashing Lights issue did indeed resolve the problem. We'll now submit this update (7.7.0A) for certification to all platforms. Most players can expect this within the next 48hrs (Switch might be slightly further out). Thank you so much for your patience.

We are also continuing to investigate the rubberbanding issue and will update with more information as soon as it becomes available. (29th April Update).

Comments

  • Oh snap, I didn't see that there was a new update! It would've been before today's update, at around 2 or 3am.

  • @overlapdiver said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3708271#Comment_3708271

    Oh snap, I didn't see that there was a new update! It would've been before today's update, at around 2 or 3am.

    Thank you so much for confirming, hopefully with the update today you will no longer experience the issue.

  • Hi there.

    I'm playing on Ps5.

    I hhappened once, yesterday, and it was on macmillan's basement, when I was hooked there by an Artist. After a while, I think it has stopped a bit before someone went there to save me.

  • PS5 (in this instance, I also play on PC but have not experienced the strobing (yet) on PC.)

    when it started: right after pickup in basement. stopped after i unhooked myself (wicked). then started again during end game tally screen. this is the 3rd time i've noticed the strobing on console. prior 2 times, only remember seeing it during the endgame tally.
    i have a video but it won't let me upload here, submitting through bug/player support form.

  • We confirm Friday's tentative fix for the Strobing / Flashing Lights issue did indeed resolve the problem. We'll now submit this update (7.7.0A) for certification to all platforms. Most players can expect this within the next 48hrs (Switch might be slightly further out). Thank you so much for your patience.

    We are also continuing to investigate the rubberbanding issue and will update with more information as soon as it becomes available.

  • ps5

    April 29th

    Autohaven -Azaroth

    Occurred in basement as I went to open the chest.

    Intense flashes of light.

  • Ps5

    Auto haven

    April 29th

    Endgame statics - survivors “running” perk screen.
    Intense strobes of light and flashing.

    Not gonna lie - I had to take some migraine medicine. I’m very sensitive to light. I was so thankful this wasn’t happening to me and it started to sadly. My luck.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    Ps5

    Auto haven

    April 29th

    Endgame statics - survivors “running” perk screen.
    Intense strobes of light and flashing.

    Not gonna lie - I had to take some migraine medicine. I’m very sensitive to light. I was so thankful this wasn’t happening to me and it started to sadly. My luck.

    I'm so sorry you got sick from it, it's been the same for me with watching the videos, triggers migraines

    Good news though is that an update should have gone out to PS players in the last 30 mins that should resolve the issue

  • The update is now live across all platforms to fix this issue with Strobing / flashing lights - thank you all for your patience and assistance.

1 2 ›