Small QoL (Dying State)
Dying State: Recover Action
You know that bar that you can fill up by remaining still and holding a key? I'd like to ask for a small change to the feature!Basically, whenever you're staying still, the recover bar automatically fills up without needing to hold in a key! I don't see the whole point of needing a key for this since it's really unnecessary! Never have I ever wanted to stop recovering at 50% or wanted to remain at 0% when I get the chance to recover so the recover action needs to be automatic, ya know?
Problems: Recovering
I can only think of one problem but thankfully its solution is easy to implement!If you can fully recover with the help of a perk, the game will automatically stop recovering you until when you're just about to recover to the injured state! Once this happens, you'll receive the recover option to confirm the transition to the injured state! This gives you the option to either stay in dying state (like if recovering is bad choice) or recover to the injured state (like if the situation is appropriate). This prevents the wasting of time and perks due to your lack of control!
I know: This is a small problem but I been wanting to bring this up for a while. It just really bothered me how you needed a button just to recover, it's such a unnecessary asset to the game when it could be simplified.
Thank you for reading! Discuss whether or not you agree with this change!
Comments
"Don't be an over achiever, keep it short and sweet!"
Don't see why anyone (except people who are throwing) would not want to recover automatically. I'd support this change.
Probably cause people usually prefer control over their character.
I'm down for this change.
@MandyTalk
What do you think about this?
The amount of people I couldn't heal because they didn't bother to recover is astonishing so I'd support this.
I'm totally fine with that. Not something I think needs to happen, but it would still be a great QOL update nonetheless.
I'm not arguing, so there's no need to try to convince me.
I'm only stating my theory on the thought behind its creation: People like control over their game.
I think it's because it can slow the game down if they forget to recover. However, this doesn't work for me and probably others because I have the tendency to immediately recover the moment that I'm downed.
These are the devs that thought it was a good idea to buff Flashlights to free Survivors at any time during the pick up animation.
Who knows why they still have this how it is...
Who knows, they can also revamp dying state while adding this change!
Oops, got carried away there!
It's a great suggestion. The only thing that I feel the need to add is that if someone is running unbreakable, it shouldn't automatically pick them up. There are strategic reasons to wait such as waiting for the killer to get further away or waiting for a friend to pick you up so you can use unbreakable at a later time.
That's why I suggested this here as a solution!
"I can only think of one problem but thankfully its solution is easy to implement!
If you can fully recover with the help of a perk, the game will automatically stop recovering you until when you're just about to recover to the injured state! Once this happens, you'll receive the recover option to confirm the transition to the injured state! This gives you the option to either stay in dying state (like if recovering is bad choice) or recover to the injured state (like if the situation is appropriate). This prevents the wasting of time and perks due to your lack of control!"
@Vietfox You can make a TL;DR for this, I'm terrible at shorting things down.
Vote for Pedro.
I know i commented before, but just saying that this would be nice for Survs.
I am in full support for this change, you wont believe how many times i died trying to save someone who was not recovering.
+1 for a good QoL improvement suggestion!