When you prestige your character
Okay this is going to be an interesting discussion but let me start off by saying that I've been playing this game on console and PC for a good amount of time...and I refuse to prestige anyone.
Mostly due to the fact that I don't know exactly what happens when you prestige a killer or Survivor besides the fact that you lose everything you work so hard to get and some stupid bloody clothing.
I want to ask is what exactly happens after you prestige your character and if you won't like the prestiging has it is now what would you do to change it?
Also before anybody says it yes I know that for certain killers like Leatherface that don't really have any Cosmetics for you to buy. Yes, I understand that prestiging does have some cosmetic benefit for licensed
Mostly due to the fact that I don't know exactly what happens when you prestige a killer or Survivor besides the fact that you lose everything you work so hard to get and some stupid bloody clothing.
I want to ask is what exactly happens after you prestige your character and if you won't like the prestiging has it is now what would you do to change it?
Also before anybody says it yes I know that for certain killers like Leatherface that don't really have any Cosmetics for you to buy. Yes, I understand that prestiging does have some cosmetic benefit for licensed
Comments
So you're right: you lose all your items, offering, and perks (and perk slots until you get back to level 15).
Personally what I do when I get a character to level 50 and want to prestige them is use all my items and offerings (only those that give you bloodpoints though) that that character has. That way, I don't really "lose" anything in that sense, as they've been used up
Afterwards, you start at level 1 again but you get better items/add-ons/offerings/perks at a better rate.
I try to save up at least 500k-1mil bp before I prestige anyone though, as it helps so much afterwards to get back the perks you had and good items.
When I reach lvl 50, I use all the items in matches and save the bloodpoints from these matches until I have about 200K and then I start the prestige so I don't lose anything and get to some lvl already.
I read your comment just now and we do the same
.
The bloody cosmetic is the primary reward for prestiging. The prestige notification says that you get increased item rarity in the bloodweb, but I think that refers to an older system that got replaced. It might refer to pre level 50 bloodwebs. However, I used up a bunch of bloodpoints a while back testing out the difference between bloodwebs for prestige 3 and unprestiged. Made a video displaying the results if you're interested
For those wondering, you do still get slightly better bloodwebs when prestiging. It's not significant. Prestiging is meant to be optional for people who play the game a lot, not necessary to get good stuff.
@Peanits is there a thought to change the grind tho?
So is it the same slightly as Salt Pouch? Is it so insignificant that it really couldn't be tested in practice?
Basically yes, it's a few percent chance to get higher quality items. You will not notice it unless you're sitting there with a spreadsheet counting them.
Probability of a self-unhook after 3 attempts without Salt Pouch ~11.53% (slightly over 1/9)
Probability of a self-unhook after 3 attempts with one Salt Pouch ~14.26% (slightly under 1/7)
Probability of a self-unhook after 3 attempts with two Salt Pouches ~16.94% (slightly over 1/6)
Probability of a self-unhook after 3 attempts with three Salt Pouches ~19.56% (slightly under 1/5)
Probability of a self-unhook after 3 attempts with four Salt Pouches ~22.13% (slightly over 1/5, and almost double the default)
You may think it's irrelevant, but math doesn't lie. Problem is, humans don't understand probability and statistics.
This means that for an item to be 'relevant', you need to be able to feel the difference over a single trial.
I don't like that you can Prestige your character and get all the way back to 50 and not get all 3 tiers in YOUR OWN PERKS. I prestiged my Nea and I'm at 50+ with only tier 1 Urban Evasion, it sucks hard. I think after you Prestige, levels 30,35,40 give you tier 3 in the perks you unlocked at those levels. Streetwise, Urban Evasion, and Balanced Landing will be upgraded to tier 3 at each of those levels, on Nea for example.
Bottom line: You should only prestige a character if you want to have their bloody outfits.