KILLERS TIER LIST PATCH 2.5.0.
Ok so I'm going to be ranking the killers from Top tier where they need no buffs but maybe some QoL changes, Mid tier where they need some moderate buffs, Bottom tier where they need some considerable buffs and Freddy tier where they are just in need of reworks.
I will be giving their skill cap/reward. Please keep in mind this is all opinion based.
Top tier:
- Nurse - Strongest killer, has the second best (joint) chasing ability, 2nd best at recovering from mistakes, has some insane map pressure and precise accuracy to get to a specific location. She is a considerable skill cap/extremely high reward killer.
- Billy - He is an unbelievable killer and insane at pressuring gens and best at recovering from his mistakes. He's also so fun. He is a low skill/high reward killer.
- Hag - She is amazing. She has the best map presence (notice how all the top tiers are best at something? HMMMMM?!) And she's got insane potential when she controls 1/2 of the map. She is a considerable skill/high reward killer. I will also mention she has the same chasing as Nurse.
- Spirit - She is so fun honestly. She has amazing map pressure, she can mindgame better then any other killer and has the best chasing ability. Honestly she's my favourite killer to play. She's a high skill/extremely high reward killer. Not as strong as Hag or Billy due to her cooldown being a little too long.
- Myers- He's only got her by an inch. But he's here. Best map pressure out of every killer in the game. With his heartbeat changing so often, he's extremely unpredictable. And he's got a dimmer red glow, at one point, I've heard that killers red glow brightness is linked to their heartbeat, so if the kiiler has a low terror radius, they'll have a dimmer red glow, and it gives him more of an opening to mindgame. That's my main reson for his mid tier status. He's strong and can (sort of) counter loops. He's one of the most fun killers and insane. He's definitely a Moderate skill/high reward killer.
Mid tier:
- Clown - One of the best chasing and extremely strong. I don't like him much but I won't deny he's strong. Moderate skill/Decent reward killer.
- Wraith (joint with Huntress) - He has everything Nurse has but he's actually got them at a much lower rate. That is some decent chasing ability, good at recovering from mistakes, decent map pressure, good at getting to a specific location and hes ok at pressuring gens. Low skill cap/Moderate reward.
- Huntress - (Joint with Wraith) @ScottJund I'll admit I was wrong when I said she was bad. She's amazing. Most players can't beat her
. She's almost top tier with a few buffs to her base and one of the few killers who don't need addons. Considerable skill/high reward. - Pig - Good killer now, she's decent, doesn't need much addons and I don't like her much honestly. Low skill/Decent reward killer.
Bottom tier:
- Trapper - Pretty much trash at everything. - Moderate skill cap/Non existent reward.
- Doctor - Worse then Trapper. High skill cap/No reward.
- Leatherface - Trash. Low skill cap/Low reward.
Freddy tier:
- Legion - He's not bad, he's actually mid tier but he deserves a rework. He has no counterplay, takes almost no skill and annoying as hell. Low skill cap/Low reward.
- Freddy - Nothing. Moderate skill cap/No reward.
Comments
Mike can easily shut down a jungle gym with his increased vaulting in EW2/EW3. And add bamboozle to the mix and the results are obvious. Doc is very unreliable at shutting down pallet loops.
Myers is a tough killer to face because it's IMPOSSIBLE to stop him from reaching EW2/EW3 all game. No matter how good the survivor is, he will get it. He's also able to stalk much more effectively with Shadowborn/Moniter and Abuse.
You're far too biased towards Doctor. He's not as strong as Myers. Myers can just do so much more, have good map pressure, keep the survivors on edge, mindgame pretty well because in EW3 survivors are extra jumpy to be fair you could say they're tilted in a way and he is reliable to kill. Unless they buff Doctor a ton, he's pretty much Leatherface compared to Myers.
Your list is close to mine except all my spots are filled with the word LATENCY.
Lol.
@Poweas @Axelson
i dont think you two fully understood my argument, so let me explain this a little further:
no, trapper is not above hag or billy.
however, he does have to potential to end chases much faster than both of these killers.
as i have said, a trapper with the right setup (nothing you spot from 1km away, nothing you expect at all and still in a good place where many survivors pass through) will become unloopable, if the survivor happens to be in his trapped area.
here is an example where trapper outclasses both hag and billy: survivor vaults the ironworks of misery window. billy is forced to follow him and gets looped on that window. hag will teleport to the trap behind it and hit the survivor, but he will still be going. trapper however instantly ends the chase by trapping him and therefore instadowning him and getting him on a hook.
so yes, with the right setup trapper can outclass both billy and hag, but why he doesnt do that the majority of the time is stated in my 1st comment (setup can easily be destroyed / used up and avoided when expected).
also @Axelson the problems you stated were mostly something that only happens with bad trappers.
a good trapper wont run into his own trap or place a trap somewhere where you can easily spot it.
No. Hag ends chases just as quickly as Nurse. Only difference is, Hag can be consistent. Nurse sometimes gets juked which prolongs her chases but Hag can always be consistent. Hag can set the trap and she can reset it easily.
With the right setup he'll never outclass Hag because you can't precisely predict the survivors. Please don't try to convince me otherwise, I play all killers at rank 1 except Freddy and Legion. I know exactly where their strengths and weaknesses are. Trapper is simply not as good as Hag and can't ouclass her because she can recover from mistakes easily and he can't. Ever.
Now for Billy, Trapper is not as good because it's ez to genrush Trapper but Billy can easily stop genrush with his saw. Billy has an instadown and he's scary as hell.
Hag/Billy/Spirit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trapper.
Billy and Hag with no perks or addons will do better then a fully decked out Trapper.
just a question, but have you fully read my comment?
i gave you a scenario where trapper can easily outclass billy and hag in a chase.
i was not talking about map pressure or anything like that, genrush has nothing to do with my argument. i just said that trapper can be better at chases than billy and hag, due to his ability to instantly end the chase when the survivor chooses the wrong window / pallet / path.
and i also stated, that trapper is far below these killers, there is no need for you to bring this up. and i have also said why that is.
Ok. I did. Now let me just say. Trapper can never instantly end a chase LOL good survivors will always run away from windows and pallets where they know will be trapped. He's predictable. Billy can instantly end a chase himself. So what? Hag can end one in 10 seconds, so what?
Freddy a M1 killer that announces when he is coming, announces when he has seen you(by putting you to sleep) and then only then he can hit you...
He is sh1t.
Cancer or not this is a tier list, not a fun list. If he is mid tier then he should be ranked as such regardless of how much he needs a rework. Freddy needs his rework BECAUSE he is trash, that's why he deserves the bottom spot. Legion needs his changes for reasons not related to balance (also some balance problems but that's every killer besides the top tiers so yeah).
I've changed my mind on that spot anyways. He's mid tier.
I know it's your opinon but I still think this is closer to reality. Ofc this tier list is based on not using addons.
S: Nurse Hillbilly
Freddy
A: Spirit Hag Huntress Clown
B: Michael Leatherface Legion Pig
C: Trapper Doctor Wraith
I never understoond why people think Myers is high tier. Yeah he's fun to play with/against and has quite usefull power but overall he has really slow start, wastes a lot of time on stalking and has no anti loop tools or mobility. Even when I love playing Michael I still consider him mid tier since good survivors should never allow him to snowball.
Disagree with Hag not being S. Disagree with Leatherface being so high, Wraith should be in that spot imo. Apart from that, decent tierlist.
Yes. That exactly except the Spirit thing. Trust me, I've seen the power of an efficient Billy and Hag and they're dominant as hell.
LMAO! "Freddy Tier" - he gets his own tier at the very bottom of the list. classic. sad but true.
Yeah I though about putting hag into S tier but do you ever get survivor SWF groups where there is one guy who just disarmes your traps constantly with flashlight. If traps were not possible to be destroyed so easily with flasligts then I would put her in S tier but with such huge weakness and while also beiing slow killer who is dependant on survivor mistakes to get their mobility I'd say she's just A tier to me.
I consider Bubba to be better then wraith since he has an instadown and can not be body blocked. His hook defence is superior and he can do some small mindgames with his chainsaw. Yes he is overall pretty bad and needs some buffs/rework but wraith's main advantage over him is that he can find people faster and has slightly better map control.
I dunno maybe I'm just a little biased since I really like Bubba and want him to be good. Also if you get really alturistic survivors you can abuse them far more with Leatherface then you can with Wraith.
Opinion or not Clown aint even colse to top tier( i assume you put him first in the mid just because you think he is close to top)
Decent list a bit away from an actually GOOD tier list ( how is clown over huntress only you know the answer)
He's better at stopping lops. Although I'll admit I've changed my mind a long time ago about Huntress I think she's at the top of mid tier now. This tierlist is kind of outdated.
Clown is good at destroying pallets, but as pallets are everywhere on the map you can destroy him with only pallets.
Dont even try to loop the clown just run pallet to pallet to pallet ...yes he will destroy most of the pallets by the time he did that your team should do 4-5 gens easily.
Clown is not even mid, unless survivors are bad clown will get nothing down.
I'm almost tempted to say that he is the worst killer in the game.
Clown isn't the worst. Trust me with that one.
And whos the worst ? Freddy ?, Legion?
Trust me you dont wanna go against my freedy, if you dont believe me watch some of hexy's stream VOD he is using the same build as me search a few games where he plays as freedy, he is probably one of the best freedys out there.
Legion, i would say is 50/50 he is OP at tunneling one individual but the worst at killing 4 without mixtape.
he is a mix bag...
Trust me i can say with confidence clown is the worst killer in the game.
It's Freddy. Imo. I'm not changing my opinion.
Yeah i knew you would say that, i'm not here to change your opinion, but is insane how nobody find out how to play freedy properly.
He is a monster if played right the amount of time you can drag the game is insane definetly over clown and falls nice in the mid tier.
I'm kinda glad that nobody find out about him, he is legit a good killer, no troll.
If this made you interested look up some of the hexy matches where he plays freedy and you will see what i mean by this.