Pardon me for noticing but...

...why should people that play aggressively toxic be given a haven in this game to express themselves? I mean, I don't want an overlord to protect my fee-fees in the game but if someone is just olaying for the sheer enjoyment of crapping all over the experience of others, why should this be a haven?

I can report that seal team 6 swf is a thing.…as well as tunnel/slug monsters. Very much a reality and while I often can play long stretches, I find it more difficult lately. Yes, doing such can make me grouchy, so perhaps my vision is a bit obscured at the moment but I can't help but think it would be nice to see those types grouped with one another. They could troll one another to their heart's content.

There is no ambiguity about who they are.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @alpha5 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3702293#Comment_3702293

    Equating a couple of button presses with a heinous crime is a bit much.

    Tbf, teabagging is also just the click of a button but you'd think that was a crime by the amount of complaints I've seen about teabags over the years. If people can express their displeasure over teabagging then I don't see why there's an issue with someone expressing their displeasure over being humped on the ground.

  • Hitting on the hook is also bad and last game, I believe the killer stared at me a little too long to be merely neutral.

  • Honestly putting the 4man sweat squads against all the toxic 5k hour nurses and blights and other killers that play like their moms life depends on it would be amazing. I'm just trying to get some BPs I don't want 5 minute games where everyone was camped and tunneled before completing a gen.

  • I wholeheartedly agree. Sbmm pretty much takes care of that for the most part. Unfortunately,, the secret is out. Just do gens and you'll escape every time. This is about 90% of the survivor population in my opinion. I generally only win (sans chasing people off the hook, I have to say it that way as tunneling has a multitude of meanings now) when I am playing against folks who don't understand the simple principle. Usually, such a lack of knowledge entails other intellectual "shortcomings" and I suspect many of us killers who don't engage the aforementioned "strategy", would never get any kills.

    Myself, I almost never play with a mic. Seems more pure that way but also comes with it's problems.

  • @alpha5 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3702313#Comment_3702313

    Why make that distinction? Intention stays the same. You compare it to a crime, want it to be bannable but then are fine with it in small doses?

    The one thing can be something that is not inteded. The other is clearly intended.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3702296#Comment_3702296

    Probably the same way people are fine with playing a game where you kill people, another henious crime.

    If that was the case, then having a mori with such an animation would be no big deal but somehow I don't think most of us would accept that.

    We are talking about a player going out of their way to insinuate sexual assault. They do not do that as a mind game, they do not do that to gain an advantage (quite the opposite as they waste time doing it), they do it to ruin the game for someone else. That is the definition of toxicity and definitely warrants a report.

  • @radiantHero23 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3702118#Comment_3702118

    And that's exactly the mindset I'm talking about. We have grown this accustom to this bs that we actually accept this disgusting behaviour and therefore encourage people to do it.

    If someone indicating sexual assault is not where we draw the line, then where is it? What is enough to make people realize that there is a really big problem with attitude in this game?

    Don't get me wrong, Ivs grown accustom to these things over my 3.7k hours of playtime. However, that doesn't mean I accept it. I speak up about it. In what other game is it OK, that the playerbase literally r***s each other to taunt?

    When did things get this bad???

    It's not sexual assault though it's a video game, if you're gonna call it sexual assault call the authorities right now and see what kind of response you get for it , it's absolutely ridiculous it's not sexual assault , nothing is physically happening or even mentally for that matter because some kid made it up and you're allowing it to dictate your fun, what do you suppose we do about it? Freeze the killer in place for downing someone?

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3702297#Comment_3702297

    If that was the case, then having a mori with such an animation would be no big deal but somehow I don't think most of us would accept that.

    We are talking about a player going out of their way to insinuate sexual assault. They do not do that as a mind game, they do not do that to gain an advantage (quite the opposite as they waste time doing it), they do it to ruin the game for someone else. That is the definition of toxicity and definitely warrants a report.

    But it doesn't though, it's not assault it's a game where some kid made that up, if we're gonna take that stretch then the nurses mori is sexual assault because she unwanted rides me and the clowns is because he licks my pinky finger without my permission, do you see how ridiculous this sounds? Stop letting some kids control your fun

  • I'm closing this here, just a reminder for everyone to please avoid making light of serious issues.

    Thank you.

1 2 ›