is anything ever going to be done about slugging?

…like one of the main issues with this game at the moment? aside from tunnelling.

this game would be so so much healthier if the devs just worked some of their magic on the whole tunnelling and slugging situation instead of completely ignoring the community and giving all killers haste for no reason.

address the real issues with this game i am BEGGING!!

———————

  • skull merchant

i think her power should be reworked completely (scrap the drones - also idk if it’s just me but xeno and sm have a tendency to give me a headache because of all the flashing…

  • slugging

i don’t want to play a game where i can’t play the game, you get me? i guess the crows are nice company...

  • tunnelling

… :/

  • weskers passive hinder

kind of intertwines with tunnelling, why am i being hindered when i need my legs more than ever rn ??? im running but im barely moving?!?! its like a nightmare except im awake and its dbd

  • hit validation-especially over pallet fast vaults

my feet were literally on the floor WHAT

if those 5 things were looked at i can guarantee the playbase would be thriving, and people would no longer question why they bother to play DBD.

Comments

  • this game would be so so much healthier

    Weird way to spell easier…

    giving all killers haste for no reason

    Well, people didn't like exposed for everyone, so Haste replaced it.

    i think her power should be reworked completely

    I am not against any good idea, as long it is not Knight from Wish most people suggest. I hate that idea.

    I play her mostly for Dead by Fashion, because her skins are really good. So as long power is decent and she is M1, I'll play her.

    i don’t want to play a game where i can’t play the game

    It's funny, I usually choose slugging over tunneling, so survivor get a chance to play a game. If I find survivor after they got unhooked, I slug them. I am not sure survivors are going to enjoy version, where it is not possible.

    tunnelling

    unless you nerf both slugging and tunneling of course. But for that to happen there would also need to major buff for killers / nerf for survivors. Balance with nerfs to those two is going out of the window.

    weskers passive hinder

    I wouldn't mind to lower duration a little for infection, but make it not progress in chase. Kinda like Pig… that would be fair in my opinion.

    hit validation-especially over pallet fast vaults

    There is a hit validation. Just because you don't like the result of the hit, doesn't mean it's not there.

    I remember first version of hit validation, that was terrible time to play killer. That's why I didn't…

  • @VomitMommy said:

    this game would be so so much healthier

    Weird way to spell easier…

    giving all killers haste for no reason

    Well, people didn't like exposed for everyone, so Haste replaced it.

    i think her power should be reworked completely

    I am not against any good idea, as long it is not Knight from Wish most people suggest. I hate that idea.

    I play her mostly for Dead by Fashion, because her skins are really good. So as long power is decent and she is M1, I'll play her.

    i don’t want to play a game where i can’t play the game

    It's funny, I usually choose slugging over tunneling, so survivor get a chance to play a game. If I find survivor after they got unhooked, I slug them. I am not sure survivors are going to enjoy version, where it is not possible.

    tunnelling

    unless you nerf both slugging and tunneling of course. But for that to happen there would also need to major buff for killers / nerf for survivors. Balance with nerfs to those two is going out of the window.

    weskers passive hinder

    I wouldn't mind to lower duration a little for infection, but make it not progress in chase. Kinda like Pig… that would be fair in my opinion.

    hit validation-especially over pallet fast vaults

    There is a hit validation. Just because you don't like the result of the hit, doesn't mean it's not there.

    I remember first version of hit validation, that was terrible time to play killer. That's why I didn't…

    i definitely meant healthier, and i’ll stand by that no matter what. it’s fine if you enjoy slugging but it definitely needs adjustments as it is a major error in game design and 100% needs looked at, basekit unbreakable should always have been a thing, the time it takes for a survivor to recover on the floor is enough pressure as it is.

    haha let’s be honest, both version of skull merchant were flops and this was and has been made very obvious. there’s no denying it. past SM could hold games hostage, new SM doesn’t have to do anything and suddenly the entire squad is in deep wound, being hindered etc which is why i think she needs completely reworked, new power and everything. something that requires a little brain power lol either that or delete her from the game. but i agree knight from wish would be dreadful. she has amazing potential, there’s so many options open with her being an original killer. they can do literally anything. would be a shame if the devs didn’t take advantage of this. 

    as for tunnelling i do the same as you because i know how upsetting it is to want to play a game and chill out then end up being ruthlessly tunneled, it’s just exhausting. slugging for pressure is fine i’m not totally against slugging, i just wish survivors had a little more options rather than laying helplessly on the ground until their inevitable death. 

    yes with wesker it would be great if infection worked like pig, stopped progressing whilst mid chase, progressed slower than it currently does/progresses from 0% after being unhooked rather than 50% etc. 

    i know there is already some form of hit validation implemented in dbd but lately it’s been insane, especially over pallets, killers will even nod after they’ve hit you through a pallet as if to say “yep, that definitely shouldn’t have hit but i’ll take it” even saw a few clips circulating on twitter with killer vs surv POV and it’s wild that some of these hits land. definitely needs looked at. window vaults are ok, but pallet vaults have been a certain way for a while now…

  • I don't get how can people get mad against skull merchant when she is nothing more than a B or C tier stealth killer

  • @Neaxolotl said:

    I don't get how can people get mad against skull merchant when she is nothing more than a B or C tier stealth killer

    she requires zero effort, i’ve played as her. playing against her there’s nothing you can do mid chase when she puts a drone up. no good survivor is going to crouch mid chase because that just allows for an m1. you run away to the next loop and you get scanned by the drone she’s just placed. there’s no way to remove tags other than to enter deep wound and broken or get hooked. which grants her haste and gives survivors hindered status if they get scanned again whilst already in deep wound and broken. it is painstakingly miserable to play against. i don’t understand why people are so adamant she’s fine when clearly over half the community disagree AND she’s got the highest kill rate because people just give up because she is an awfully designed killer. like the evidence is all there. you gotta understand that bhvr isn’t always going to hit the mark with every killer they release, which is fine as long as they actually listen to the feedback they receive.