The devs could make this change to "Spine chill" to make it useful again

I realized that the problem with "Spine Chill" was the fact that it was useful in any game and in any situation, so a lot of people used it, this was due to the bonus in the actions that you got whenever the killer looked in your direction, so an idea What I thought could make spine chill more useful would be this:

-Buff: The perk detects the killer if he looks at you even through walls (as it was before the nerf)

-Nerf: whenever the killer looks at you, the speed of general actions will decrease (before it increased)

This way, the perk will be useful for less experienced players to avoid killers and stealth resources, however, if the killer doesn't have any stealth resources, the perk will become useless and even harmful, as it will slow down generators and other resources, causing that players who don't need it don't want to use it

Before the nerf, there was no situation where spine chill was not worth using, after the nerf it became completely useless, because it is not really effective at all, with my idea, whoever uses the perk will be able to avoid stealth moves, but at the cost of having your actions slower

Now that there is observation mode, the devs could test my idea, if it doesn't work they can revert it, but spine chill needs some adjustments, not only is it weak, but even those who put it in the build don't get any use out of it.

Comments

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3698492#Comment_3698492

    Some people like the playstyle of being stealthy. As you can see on skullmerchant, stealth is a ability most people hate killers to have as an bonus on top. Besides that ghostface is in the films pretty bad in chasing too, so they are lore-accurate at that point, He's just stealthy. (That's a point I only add because there are some people that play him because of his character).

    You can say it's rude if you want, it's not changing the fact for me that you shouldn't get a hard-counter against stealth-killers. They have counterplay on their own and just because one group can ignore it and destroy the balance with it, it shouldn't mean we all should be able to do this. They have it rough enough, they don't need to be even weaker.

    And I never said I wasn't selfish, I camp and tunnel too. Is it nice? Nope probably not, but I won't handycap myself for people I don't know and probably won't thank me.

    So your token-idea makes their early-game even harder, even if that's the phase that's most relevant for a match (at least a big amount of times)

    about camping and tunnel, I have an opposite opinion, I'm the type that thinks that the killer has to play with everything that can be legal or not, that's why I still maintain my opinion about spine chill, and any other perk that prevents the killer can be found easily, as you said, even if the killer depends on stealth, all killers can camp and tunnel, I don't mind that, I hate killers who play nice, but I think the game has to have resources to deal with these killers, and not players create rules to balance the game

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3698840#Comment_3698840

    about camping and tunnel, I have an opposite opinion, I'm the type that thinks that the killer has to play with everything that can be legal or not, that's why I still maintain my opinion about spine chill, and any other perk that prevents the killer can be found easily, as you said, even if the killer depends on stealth, all killers can camp and tunnel, I don't mind that, I hate killers who play nice, but I think the game has to have resources to deal with these killers, and not players create rules to balance the game

    That's the point, it has:

    you can hear them, you can see them. They have stealth as their main-point of power, but they aren't invisible and impossible to notice. Their counterplay requires you to be very attentive, but in my opinion you should be always attentive. So it's the most basic counterplay you could have.

    You can tell me what you want, but old spinechill should never come back, it's just destroying them completely without any way to fix it besides running backwards constantly. Running backwards constantly isn't something you should be expect of someone just so he can even play his power.

  • @KatsuhxP said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3699392#Comment_3699392

    That's the point, it has:

    you can hear them, you can see them. They have stealth as their main-point of power, but they aren't invisible and impossible to notice. Their counterplay requires you to be very attentive, but in my opinion you should be always attentive. So it's the most basic counterplay you could have.

    You can tell me what you want, but old spinechill should never come back, it's just destroying them completely without any way to fix it besides running backwards constantly. Running backwards constantly isn't something you should be expect of someone just so he can even play his power.

    Well... I'm not going to change my opinion, because I would be a hypocrite if I did that, you have a point, and I understand your logic in a way, it's the same thing if someone makes a post giving ideas for the killer to come back interrupting the rescue on the hook with a grab, that was almost the same thing as giving the killer a free exposure and only organized swf could safely take a surv with the killer in front of him, but in that case the killer can use "save the best for last" which has multiple uses, but I'm not going to discuss it any further because I know you're going to give a lot of explanations about this perk to convince me that it's not that strong, but I appreciate your feedback, I'm thinking about doing it in the future something about the"call of brine", there are some things that could make this perk more useful

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3699656#Comment_3699656

    Well... I'm not going to change my opinion, because I would be a hypocrite if I did that, you have a point, and I understand your logic in a way, it's the same thing if someone makes a post giving ideas for the killer to come back interrupting the rescue on the hook with a grab, that was almost the same thing as giving the killer a free exposure and only organized swf could safely take a surv with the killer in front of him, but in that case the killer can use "save the best for last" which has multiple uses, but I'm not going to discuss it any further because I know you're going to give a lot of explanations about this perk to convince me that it's not that strong, but I appreciate your feedback, I'm thinking about doing it in the future something about the"call of brine", there are some things that could make this perk more useful

    I'd even agree with you, stbfl is strong in camping/trade situations: it guarantees the trade for sure (I mean, you would trade most likely anyways, but it's even more of a guarantee then). The easy fix would be to just add a 10 meter radius around hooked survivors where it doesn't work. But outside of that it isn't no xD

    Mhh call of brine is a little bit underwelming yes, they could buff it to 150% i think and it would be balanced. Other than that it's okayish with it's information.

1 2 ›