Nostalgia blindness & Dead Hard

Ive been playing DBD for around 4 years, and I remember old DH very fondly, and I was pondering if removing the dash is needed since you are only regulated to up to 2 DH. But before I posted that I tried to remember WHY the dash was removed. I had always thought the endurance + Speed boost is stronger than the dash it replaced. I am getting blinded by the fondness I had for the dash and I thought it was balanced, from both a killer and survivor point of view. But I want to widen my point of view, how bad was the dash in your opinion and why was it removed?

Comments

  • @GeneralSkien said:

    Ive been playing DBD for around 4 years, and I remember old DH very fondly, and I was pondering if removing the dash is needed since you are only regulated to up to 2 DH. But before I posted that I tried to remember WHY the dash was removed. I had always thought the endurance + Speed boost is stronger than the dash it replaced. I am getting blinded by the fondness I had for the dash and I thought it was balanced, from both a killer and survivor point of view. But I want to widen my point of view, how bad was the dash in your opinion?

    Because everyone agreed dh for distance was the problem but they nerfed it into the ground and now its just a perk based on if the killer has good connection or not. Kind of like before they fixed the server input for killer and survivor. Like 4 years ago you could be exhausted on the ground lol.

  • Well, they removed the dash because using Dead Hard for distance was a problem, as there was basically nothing killers could do if you used the perk that way.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Well, they removed the dash because using Dead Hard for distance was a problem, as there was basically nothing killers could do if you used the perk that way.

    like reaching a pallet or window way earlier?

  • More like dashing towards them, yeah. While avoiding damage, might I add.

    There are countless things that I think should be reverted, but DH definitely isn't one of them.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3687617#Comment_3687617

    More like dashing towards them, yeah. While avoiding damage, might I add.

    There are countless things that I think should be reverted, but DH definitely isn't one of them.

    kinda like current DH except with no counterplay? ouch. If they were to add the dash back I feel like one of 2 thinks should be done

    • Add a hinder effect post dash to balance the distance

    or…

    • Add kinda like a Doctor shock effect for like 2 seconds where you can't vault or drop pallets, sweaty hands or something.

    Again I am only saying this cause truth be told I miss the dash, but I understand it is unhealthy.

  • @GeneralSkien said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3687624#Comment_3687624

    kinda like current DH except with no counterplay? ouch. If they were to add the dash back I feel like one of 2 thinks should be done

    • Add a hinder effect post dash to balance the distance

    or…

    • Add kinda like a Doctor shock effect for like 2 seconds where you can vault or drop pallets, sweaty hands or something.

    Again I am only saying this cause truth be told I miss the dash, but I understand it is unhealthy.

    Add kinda like a Doctor shock effect for like 2 seconds where you can vault or drop pallets, sweaty hands or something.

    IfI recall correctly, this was actually suggested a few times, back when everyone was asking for DH to get nerfed.

  • The dash of DH was the coolest thing in this game. Sadly I could never play it.

  • @GeneralSkien said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3687624#Comment_3687624

    kinda like current DH except with no counterplay? ouch. If they were to add the dash back I feel like one of 2 thinks should be done

    • Add a hinder effect post dash to balance the distance

    or…

    • Add kinda like a Doctor shock effect for like 2 seconds where you can vault or drop pallets, sweaty hands or something.

    Again I am only saying this cause truth be told I miss the dash, but I understand it is unhealthy.

    I would be okay with the dash being there if the deep wounds or free hit was taken away along with giving it the added benefit of working when healthy, the dash by itself was never the issue and it fit David's character it was always the combination of having an I frame or free hit with the dash because then it's a get out of jail free card b

  • you didn't need precise timing with the dash and had guaranteed value.

  • Dead Hard allowed you to dash through Static Blasts and Trapper Traps. No thank you.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3687638#Comment_3687638

    I would be okay with the dash being there if the deep wounds or free hit was taken away along with giving it the added benefit of working when healthy, the dash by itself was never the issue and it fit David's character it was always the combination of having an I frame or free hit with the dash because then it's a get out of jail free card b

    Maybe a combo of the 2 things, Dead Hard shouldn't work while healthy cause of David's identity of high risk and high reward.

    Honestly make it work like this

    • Dashing Removes endurance effects (No Deep wound because deep wound on command would just bring back the worst meta <Made for this> and excluding current dead hard you can't get endurance mid chase normally Syptic agent exists but that requires some smart play)
    • Post Dash for 2 seconds you cannot drop, or vault pallets

    Boom, Dead hard can be used for distance such as going for a flashlight save, or a last burst of speed to avoid the killer without feeling unfair