Discordance needs a little tweak

Can we get rid of the constant explosions please? I only need one explosion at the beginning, the yellow highlight is enough. It's really distracting and annoying if you get these explosions constantly while chasing someone.

Also, Im not sure but is it that way that the yellow highlight remains for some seconds after they stopped working on the gen? Why is it that way?

Comments

  • you double posted fam, but I agree with the gen explosions, I will be in chase and all I hear is the noise indicators, it gets annoying to the point that sometimes I go over there and down them

  • I think you mean Discordance.
  • I am pretty sure you meant discordance since distortion is a survivor perk.

    I personally didn't use discordance but if it is working in the way you describe, I can see it being a problem. Unfortunately, I don't see devs looking into this perk anytime soon so you might need to wait a little bit. I wish some things were faster.

  • you double posted fam, but I agree with the gen explosions, I will be in chase and all I hear is the noise indicators, it gets annoying to the point that sometimes I go over there and down them

    Yeah, happens sometimes I edited the double post, thanks for telling me.
    I know right? Sometimes I really break the chase cuz it annoys me and it gives a stressful feeling.
  • Vietfox said:
    I think you mean Discordance.
    Ups yeah sorry, edited it. Thanks for correcting me
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

    you double posted fam, but I agree with the gen explosions, I will be in chase and all I hear is the noise indicators, it gets annoying to the point that sometimes I go over there and down them

    Yeah, happens sometimes I edited the double post, thanks for telling me.
    I know right? Sometimes I really break the chase cuz it annoys me and it gives a stressful feeling.

    I will be playing legion on haddonfield, mid chase with a survivor low on the deep wound bar, I see a good 5-6 gen actions going on, I go over there to attempt to find them, 90% of the time they are on the gen still, 10% they are in the locker near it

  • Just bumping this cuz this perk really annoys me. Either change the alert sound to something different much quiter and less annoying or give us one explosion sound at the beginning only.
    @not_Queen any statement about that?
    Or @Janick?
  • Also flip the tiers.
    Tier 1 has 12 sec and tier 3, 8 sec
  • I happens whenever a second Survivor first touches the gen. That means if a Survivor is gen tapping it will explode constantly.
    They could easily add an internal cooldown (of about 5 seconds or so?) so that the explosions aren't constant.

  • @TigerKirby215 said:
    I happens whenever a second Survivor first touches the gen. That means if a Survivor is gen tapping it will explode constantly.
    They could easily add an internal cooldown (of about 5 seconds or so?) so that the explosions aren't constant.

    It has a cooldown. It's duration.
    Let's say it's tier 3 - so that is 12 seconds of yellowness and 1st notification. If there are still 2 survivors or more this effect will loop

  • Bumping this cuz the explosions are annoying

  • I agree, its one of the most annoying perks in the game, its like running a Michael Bay movie in the background.

  • Agreed. It's just the Dev's lazy way of programming. Like when Spies of the Shadow crows cause explosions as well. No, birds dont explode -- contrarty to popular belief -- they squawk. Make a goddamn loud squawking sound you lazy ass Dev's.