Dead Hard vs. Sprint Burst which one do you like more?
i have played with both sprint burst and dead hard im interested to see which one you guys use (or if you dont use either).
i personally use sprint burst mainly to be able to create space between you and the killer but i also have to walk everywhere which is a pain. with dead hard its very weird sometimes because if you have a killer who can instadown you (such as billy) dead hard sometimes dosent have an effect on the game but when it does it can create some very clutch situations _-)
Comments
I pretty much run SB for the surprise clutch moments it can bring.
Dead hard requires more skill to use effectively. I see a ton of people who use it poorly, running into objects, failing to avoid the killer etc. In contrast a chimp could figure out how to use SB correctly.
So personally I'd say SB is the better crutch. Creates a larger gap, very straight forward to use, and doesn't require anything risk to use.
Dead hard is definitely better if you want a challenge / know how to use it though. Used well it can turn an unsafe pallet loop into a safe one, which might be the difference between you living or dying.
Dead hard is Dead with patch 2.0
Sprint burst is way stronger.
Always been, and probably always will.
Sprint burst. When you get caught you are already very far from the killer and requires no risk. With dead hard if your against a tier 3 Myers or a killer with NOED and your fully healed your screwed.
Sprint Burst has more clutches, but I've always been a Dead Hard fan :P
But the amount of times I dead harded into a pallet and got a stun and escaped a chase was great.
The amount of times I deadharded and it saved my ass into the exit gates, hatch, etc, is good for me.
I honestly prefer DH over SB due to the fact that Dead Hard is for me a controlable (but shorter) version of SB. Both has ups and downs.
SB
Good things
Bad things
DH
Good Things
Bad Things
Both are very strong. But instead of SB I use Lithe because I run a lot and I hate it when I can't run (cuz I don't wanna waste my sprint burst). Btw I like using Lithe & Dance with me.
But I do use Dead Hard as well. Taking a hit is extremely useful. The only problem is that you need a good timing.
sprint brust
I hate Sprint Burst, but Dead Hard drives me bonkers when I’m Nurse.
Still use it every now and again to practice. Had no idea it worked against Trapper traps 😯
I prefer Dead Hard as a perk, as it's conditional, fun, more skill based, and counterable unlike SB.
However SB is the vastly superior perk. No exhaustion perk trumps Sprint Burst.
Sprint burst is stronger, but Dead Hard is more fun to use, counter able, and balanced.
Just asking what you mean by this since I'm on console so the patch hasn't released so what happened
1) if you dead hard 1 time (new animation) killer will allways bait you to use it then M1 your f.a.t a.s.s
2) i allways get hit at last millisecond of animation even if i have green ping
3) no more dead hard to pallet vaccum to escape
4) dead hard is useless against clown smoke
on god then thanks
exactly one of my points
Dead Hard can be countered. Sprint Burst can not. And it makes you unhook and genrush quicker. Turns every area into a safe space and counters every killer. DH is more fun though.
Sprintburst 2 sec when
I like SB more but i prefer lithe the most
I actually prefer to use Balanced Landing, as it works as a Sprint Burst only you don’t need to walk everywhere. Also it reduces your stagger, which is a must for certain kite spots. And for those who say that it’s not useful if you don’t have anywhere to fall from, all I have say is that sprint burst & Dead Hard Combined won’t save you from a good Killer unless you’re a better survivor. The perks are just assists.
I prefer Dead Hard because it gives me a second chance in a chase, if the game doesn't wig the ######### out and actually let me use it instead of deciding I got hit instead or it shows the Exhausted status but didn't give me the dodge.
I don't like SB because it doesn't help in a chase, it just gives you a head start, whether you get cuahgt or not is up to you. Dead Hard has saved my ass dozens of time when it works, I've lead Killers on loooong chases just because of it and because they know I'm a problem they tunnel the ######### out of me once they catch me. Knowing the loops and having Dead Hard can save your life, having Sprint Burst just give you a small boost that really does nothing in the end.
But when I don't have DH I use Lithe, there are lots of Vaults and Lithe has saved my life several times as well, I still remember the time I was on my 3rd hook and the gates were open with the Killer hot on my ass and I found a damn window and leaped that mother so hard I ran right out the damn door laughing to sweet victory.
As someone who holds shift basically the entire game as a Survivor, I'd use DH. I don't use any Exhaustion perks though.