Jigsaw Boxes: One key per box or no?
One thing I've heard mentioned here multiple times is that each Jigsaw Box can only hold one key, and when a Survivor finds a key in a particular box, that box can't contain another key. I've never actually seen proper confirmation that this is indeed how it works, though. Can someone find video footage of this in action, or can maybe a dev or something confirm that this is actually how the Jigsaw Boxes work?
Comments
I thought the key was generated in a random box each time an RBT was used.
Yeah NotQueen said in a podcast a while back that the box is picked the moment the RBT is put on someone's head. It changes for each RBT that gets put on people's heads.
That was my understanding, but there are apparently people who say that the boxes can't contain more than one key or something (basically, no one box will open two RBTs). I don't know if that is actually true or not, hence why I am asking for confirmation.
I heard each trap has a specific box linked to it at the start of the game and you have to get your specific box.
Not the case. They said on the dev stream that the box gets assigned to the trap at random when the trap is put on the survivors head.
it is complete rng a box can be re-assigned multiple times
Think you could shed some light on this for me, please?
Ok, I researched a bit on the Dead by Daylight wiki, this is what i found:
"A randomly chosen Jigsaw Box will be the Key to unlocking the Reverse Bear Traps, the others serve as decoys. Each Trap will have its Key hidden in a randomly selected Box".
Were there only four boxes in the match?
The correct box is chosen when the RBT is put on and a box can be chosen multiple times for every survivor.
The first guy gets gets it off and tells their friends, oh don’t try the box near the shack, or don’t try to box here or there.
I only had two Traps on my head in one match for two times until now. And both times the exact same box helped me to get rid of it.
No... we already have Sloopy Butcher and that slow down the game a lot..
Anyway, diffent survivors can have the same box at the same time, that is for sure.