Went with all of the console hate
Seriously, I don't understand it. The minute I bring up that I play on a PlayStation 4 everything I apparently say gets discredited. Why is it that console is look down on by the community which doesn't make any sense to me because we are part of the same Community we might play on something different but we're still part of the same community. However when we bring this up there's always going to be some particular player bringing up that you should just play on PC. Here's the thing that all of us own PCS that can run this game smoothly. I play the game on PC but guess what I have more friends that played this game on Console so that's where I'm going play on.
So I suppose my question is why does console get so much hate from the community or at least get so mini snobby players looking down on us like we're not part of the same community with the same problems?
So I suppose my question is why does console get so much hate from the community or at least get so mini snobby players looking down on us like we're not part of the same community with the same problems?
Comments
As for general console hate, console (which is also debated) versus PC will never end. There is no specific reason to hate on one or the other besides PC exclusives and consoles getting updates later than PC. Visuals and controls will always come down to preference/availability (of playing on console or PC).
Usually when I see a console player post it usually is complaining about something
if it's the fps or the huntress and nurse aim.
probably console players flooded the forums soo much that the community doesn't have any patient for them anymore
Consoles will always be seen as inferior. Serious gamers have a PC, and to be frank this game needs fixes for its PC version. Generally people do not want to hear about console problems, because not PC.
For many the first problem with consoles, is you are using a console.
I'm like you I have a PC and a console, and I own it on both. And I agree there are problems with console that the PC version doesn't have. Getting people to listen is going to be another fight.
Welcome to the toxic community of the PC Master Race Elitists
I just had to and both sides have their elitists and PC has a lot of advantages over consoles, just as consoles have some over pc. Although we can all claim to be the master race when it comes to Mac users.
What's funny is I play Gears of War, and Gears 4 PC is cross-platform with Xbox so PC and Xbox players can play together.
I've played this game since 2006 and you can IMMEDIATELY tell who is playing with a controller and who is using a mouse/keyboard.
M/KB players will ALWAYS use sniping weapons and Lancer like gods. They will hit you from very extreme angles quickly and can track you very well regardless of how squirrely your movement is. BUT there is a huge catch, and it's the keyboard. WASD does not offer analog input, meaning that your movement (arguably the most important part of the game) is very choppy and limited. See the benefit of an analog stick is being able to move in/out of cover from strange angles or to move at different speeds in different directions. Want to take cover at 30 degrees? Controller, no problem. WASD nope. Want to strafe right at full speed then left and back at 75% speed? Controller EZ DOOD. WASD.... err no. PC players do this thing where they look at the wall they want to take cover on, meaning they can't aim and move at the same time. This is because they have to hold W to move forward, look at the wall they want to use, then press space (IIRC) to take cover. I notice this "hold W and change direction with mouse" thing every time I watch someone play a shooter on PC, and that's because you can't reliably move in any other direction because it's just an on/off switch with no way to input odd angles or min/max values.
Literally all you need to do against a PC player in Gears is get into a shotgun fight and you will see how much better a controller is. This is also considering the fact that this game doesn't require pinpoint precision. The sniper crosshair at 10 paces is the size of a player character's head, a mouse is really only benefiting you in target acquisition speed and nothing else. Not to say that PC player's can't bang out with Gnasher, they totally can, but they have to approach it differently which puts them at a disadvantage.
But none of it matters, because once full m/kb support comes to Xbox One, the PC master race will die and a new creature will rise from the ash....
MOUSE + CONTROLLER HYBRID
No really go play a shooter with mouse for aim and Xbox controller for movement (left analog stick) and you will see what the future holds.