Comments

  • @xltechno said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3667743#Comment_3667743

    As I have pointed out several times, this is an "average" between the top players. If that's not the case, then there shouldn't be a killer player in the world who boasts a 90% kill rate. Right?

    Let's study statistics.

    I don't mean this to be rude, is English not your first language? You keep using words in a way that makes me think you learned English in school, not as a native speaker.

    I ask because the way you said your initial post, it's written like you wanted to imply that the average escape rate for all survivors above some skill level is 60%. If english isn't your main language, i could totally understand you not knowing that you accidentally implied something you didn't mean.

    Anyway, I want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying the much simpler point that there are some survivors out there, somewhere, who have a 60% escape rate?

  • @Yippiekiyah said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3666766#Comment_3666766

    I'm pretty sure u dont even play killer at this point never mind have a 96% win rate.

    Obviously the 96% was hyperbole but I don't lose super often as Killer.

    I'm pretty sure I do play Killer. Why wouldn't I?

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3667764#Comment_3667764

    I don't mean this to be rude, is English not your first language? You keep using words in a way that makes me think you learned English in school, not as a native speaker.

    I ask because the way you said your initial post, it's written like you wanted to imply that the average escape rate for all survivors above some skill level is 60%. If english isn't your main language, i could totally understand you not knowing thatbtou accidentally implied something you didn't mean.

    Anyway, I want to make sure I understand what you're saying. Are you saying the much simpler poijt that there are some survivors out there, somewhere, who have a 60% escape rate?

    It's true that my English is bad. If the expression is incorrect, please feel free to point it out.

    There is something hidden behind the average. Although this is just a comparison between top players, I don't want people to forget the fact that there are survivors who are working hard to increase their survival rate even in the midst of a terrible soloQ life.

    My guess is that some of the top 5% of survivors have a survival rate of 50% or higher. This is simply because the number of people who fall exactly at the average value is the largest number of all people, and in reality there is very often a wide distribution from top to bottom. It might be easier to understand if you imagine a 2d6 die roll. Only 1/6 of the total falls under 7.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I don’t see nearly the amount of tunneling/camping most people do while playing way more than most. I think there are a lot of matches where people blame camping or tunneling when in reality it was them making lots of mistakes, the killer capitalizing, and them taking no accountability. I see this from random teammates in solo queue after chat all the time. Not saying it doesn’t happen a lot, just way over exaggerated as an excuse when smarter decisions or playing better would have changed what happened.

    As a survivor main I agree with you. Far too often you see survivors performing unsafe hook rescues. If other survivors are pulling you off the hook while the killer is still relatively close you can't blame the killer for taking the gift dropped in their lap by other survivors doing stupid things.

    Maybe the end result is tunneling, but to me there's a major difference between a killer intentionally tunneling and tunneling created by survivors playing with zero strategy.

  • @xltechno said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3667776#Comment_3667776

    It's true that my English is bad. If the expression is incorrect, please feel free to point it out.

    There is something hidden behind the average. Although this is just a comparison between top players, I don't want people to forget the fact that there are survivors who are working hard to increase their survival rate even in the midst of a terrible soloQ life.

    My guess is that some of the top 5% of survivors have a survival rate of 50% or higher. This is simply because the number of people who fall exactly at the average value is the largest number of all people, and in reality there is very often a wide distribution from top to bottom. It might be easier to understand if you imagine a 2d6 die roll. Only 1/6 of the total falls under 7.

    I think the problem is that when you said "advanced survivors" you meant "some survivors who are good at the game," which is a normal thing to say, but, most people who play DBD would think that "advanced survivors" means "all of the survivors at the top of the in-game ranking system."

    The way you wrote it was fine, but because of where you posted it and because of how other people on this website use those words, it seemed like you were talking about something else.

    I think you're pretty good at normal english. The problem is just that some communities have slang (words that they use different from "normal english") and I expected you to use the slang instead of the normal english word.

  • @ratcoffee said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3667797#Comment_3667797

    I think the problem is that when you said "advanced survivors" you meant "some survivors who are good at the game," which is a normal thing to say, but, most people who play DBD would think that "advanced survivors" means "all of the survivors at the top of the in-game ranking system."

    The way you wrote it was fine, but because of where you posted it and because of how other people on this website use those words, it seemed like you were talking about something else.

    I think you're pretty good at normal english. The problem is just that some communities have slang (words that they use different from "normal english") and I expected you to use the slang instead of the normal english word.

    I'm really uneducated when it comes to slang, sorry.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3666696#Comment_3666696

    Yes, but the game can't be balanced around psychic counterpicks. You have half a dead build if you don't get tunneled with those perks. It's like running Bamboozle on Gideon's. If we're making it a counterpick game, we need info in the lobby (not that you're going to see tunneling in the pregame lobby, but still). If it's not a counterpick game, then the counters need to exist as base. It can't be both.

    Hey, it's the best thing you can do right now if you don't want to get tunneled.

1 2 ›