Thwack should always be active
It shouldn't require a hook to work. It should activate on every pallet break. The effect isn't strong enough to only activate 12 times per game at the most.
Nowhere to Hide doesn't require a hook to activate, neither should Thwack.
Comments
Potential problems with a scream Pig build, Singularity chase chains could be pretty ridiculous... given the notificaiton blocks the aura, would probably take it down to just the aura read tbh...
Other scenarios exist too where the scream might be a pain/obnoxious (thankfully not Blight and old C33). If the scream is removed and we just have the aura:
With screams a few of these would be a bit... at the very least irritating.
Chad Knight perks vs uwu Wannabe Merchant perks. Nuff said.
Maybe it could grant 2 stacks perk hook. It would be a nice buff without making it too strong.
Making it available at every pallet would be an error, since killer could just spam this the whole match
Thwack does need a buff, but making it on every pallet with no other requirement would be too strong.
Pallets are already a limited resource, I have no idea why you need to hook a survivor too.
If you are worried about spamming it, then just give it like 30 seconds cooldown and should be fine imo.
It's not really spammable when it's reliant on getting Survivors to drop pallets.
it used to have 70 second timer in the ptb for skull merchant. they omega nerfed it.
got nerfed from the ptb. no clue why.
It got buffed actually, it used to have a limited time to activate it after a hook (and it was still one-use). Now it's whenever you next break a pallet.
It's still a bad perk though.
It's still connected to two limited resources (hooks and pallets), then they create Ultimate Weapon which has basically only CD...
The perk was that you hook someone, for next 70 seconds, any pallet forces survivor to scream and reveal the aura. the perk did not deactivate. it was like 100% up time nearly.
Ultimate weapon powercrept this perk hard
It did deactivate.
"The next breakable wall or pallet you break"
PTB gameplay confirms this.
I mean powercreep implies the perk was powerful at any point.
But yeah, Ultimate Weapon is the definition of spammable. Even with the buff I suggested I don't think it'd get anywhere near the power level that UW has at the moment.
oh I see, my mistake. Why did i remember this perk as unlimited uses in finite time. maybe I was thinking nowhere to hide functionality with a timer. either way the perk is pretty trash. all skull merchant perks are. I would prefer gameafoot to be buffed over this one.