Universal offerings

Why isn't this a thing yet? Why does each character have their own collection of the same offerings? It sucks having offerings like BPS on characters I only lvled for their perks.

Comments

  • @Moz said:

    I get what you're saying but if this were true map offerings would be far more common and the next thing would be 'why don't we have universal items & addons for the survivors?'. Surely you can see the issue with that.

    Not really. You'd be using the offerings of characters you wouldn't normally be using, which tends to be limited to at most P3. This isn't some ungodly number of map offerings. What WOULD show an ungodly number though is all the anniversary cakes ppl got from lvling their characters with the large number of BPs from the event.

    Map offerings being problematic is a different conversation anyway. As for your 2nd point being universal addons/items, that's called the slippery slope fallacy and has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting.

  • @Moz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658540#Comment_3658540

    "You'd be using the offerings of characters you wouldn't normally be using, which tends to be limited to at most P3"

    Based on your personal account. The last time I counted I have over 380 prestige's for each side. Do you have any idea how many map offerings I'd have access to? And I only have a little over 4k hours. There are thousands of players with more playtime than I have.

    "Map offerings being problematic is a different conversation anyway."

    Nope, same conversation. What you're suggesting would give players more incentive to equip map offerings.

    As for your 2nd point being universal addons/items, that's called the slippery slope fallacy and has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting.

    It's not a fallacy, it's a fact. It's also a feature that's been requested many times on these forums. I realize you're not happy I disagree but I think things are better as they are.

    You're argument about map offerings is that the availability of map offerings is what determines a problem, rather than map offerings themselves. This was the same argument people used to defend some of the most broken addons in the game. Old instaheals and BNPs for example were argued to be OP, even though they were iridescent addons. If something is problematic, it should be changed. The AMOUNT of that item doesn't determine if it's problematic or not. The killer facing 4 instaheals won't feel better knowing those survivors can't use them against every other opponent.

  • remove map offerings and make survivor load-outs shared 🤝 i'm down. would killer offerings also being shared create issues do we think, since they aren't just skins unlike survivors?

  • @Moz said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3658581#Comment_3658581

    Map offerings are a problem when talking about merging all of them into the same pool. Having them spread out amongst different survivors and killers makes them far less so. And if you're suggesting that we simply remove map offerings as the person below you is that's also a bad idea. If you play killer at all you should know there are going to be times when you are going to want to play map offerings that fit your build or killer abilities. If you play with friends at all there will be times when you'll want to play on specific maps. Then you have the higher rotations on new maps to consider. That's usually when map offerings tend to get used the most because players tire of the same map, especially if they feel it's unfair to their side.... which happens often in this game.

    So now, if take removing map offerings off the table what are we left with? Am I now going to be able to able to play all the Jigsaw Pieces, Damaged Photo's & Ichorous Loam's I've been hoarding on killer when I play as survivor? Am I now going to play to able to play all the Mary's Letters I've had hoarding on my survivors to use on my killers? If they did this, what about White & Black wards? They would likely get merged into one type of offering since they're all now in the same pool and I'd have more than I could ever use. Might as well bring my best addon's forever....

    Your suggestion is very short sighted, would likely collapse the player base in six month's and go down as the worst update of all time. If the reason you came up with this idea is so you can play cakes across characters who don't have them that's a noble idea but you would actually see far less blood point offerings with this change.

    Things that would occur with this change:

    • Within hours, the forums would be covered with riveting topics such as "ENOUGH WITH DEAD DAWG ALRADY!" to "Every game have iri addons!?" and of course.... "Delete Ormond plz" .
    • Sacrificial Ward would be considered the most valuable offering in the game
    • A very significant downturn of killers. Which equates to longer wait times. Which equates to downturn of survivors. Which equates to longer wait times.
    • Survivors requesting shared inventory. So much for your slippery slope fallacy. It didn't take until the next post :)

    Ok... I feel like I should correct something. I wasn't talking about merging survivor and killer offerings. Each side has different offerings, even if the effect is similar. I was simply saying let Dwight use offerings from Feng's bloodweb while letting Deathslinger use offerings from Nurse's bloodweb.

    I play MOSTLY killer, and I honestly barely touch map offerings. I mostly use em for scratched mirror games, but I'd be fine giving that up.

  • Yeah, I've got 1K anniversary cakes on my Lisa, but she's p100 and I just get tunneled and waste the cake.

    Why can't I use them on my lv10 Thalita? Or Sable when she comes out :(

  • Honestly, merging killer and survivor offerings wouldn't even be that bad. Both sides already have role specific offerings but they do have a few in common, and it really wouldn't be that big of a deal. Having a bigger inventory doesn't change the fact you can still only play 1 offering and you're not gaining more offerings, you already had them, you can just play the character you wanted to to use them.

    As for people "abusing" map offerings, first of all everyone has maps they hate and don't want to go to, and not everyone brings a map offering because they plan to bully, there are map specific achievements that people want to do. And if someone wants to go to a specific map they're going to bring an offering whether or not universal offerings are a thing or they have to switch to a different character to use it. And if map offerings offend you that much, you now have all the Sac Wards across your characters to use.

    As for the role specific offerings, you dont need to be versed in rocket science to know you just don't change them, they would just be available only for that specific role, simple.

    I don't know about anyone else but having 1k of an offering I had no interest in using before isn't going to magically make me run it now. If anything merging inventories means we see way more BP offerings as those are the most common already.