Singularity QoL changes
Singularity is a really cool Killer, I love him and it saddens me that he didn't got any love in terms of cosmetics or balance changes in a while.
I think there are a few changes that could be done to improve his game-play quite a bit tho!
Teleportation
I think the Singularity has a really long "wake-up time" after teleporting, 1.7 seconds with a really low movement speed feels quite bad, so I think it would be fair to reduce this wake-up time to 1.5 seconds, but in return also decrease the base Overclock duration from 4.7 seconds to 4.5 seconds to offset this buff. (or maybe 1.4 seconds and 4.4 seconds, not sure if these numbers would be too good tho)
Overclock
Currently when you're in the Overclock mode, all your animations stay the same, even tho they're sped up quite drastically. (or they at least look very similar)
I think The Singularity should have a different set of animations for breaking pallets and vaulting windows while in Overclock mode so they don't look so rough. For example, Hux could just kick the pallet once instead of two times really fast.
Biopods
I think looking through Biopods should have some kind of collision bypassing through leaves, there is nothing more frustrating then placing a biopod up a tree, then after you check the view there is a single branch in a way and you cannot mark anyone.
Add-ons
This is maybe a stretch but I think it would be cool if the Singularity got some more fun add-ons.
I think Singularity is the perfect Killer for a meme add-on, for example, an add-on that removes your ability to teleport to slipstreamed Survivors through your gun directly, so your only way of teleporting to Survivors is through your cameras, but in exchange EMPs would have reduced AoE from the 10 metres to like 7 or 6 metres.
I think something like that would be cool.
Comments
I support this and agree. I’m only p18 with him but enough to realize this myself. He needs love for sure.
Singularity sits as of yesterday with the lowest kill rate in the game, but he’s been the lowest for several month. At one point before tricksters buffs\Rework he was sitting at a whopping 45% kill rate.
I enjoy playing Singularity because he is a pretty fun to play killer. He is also not weak but very difficult to play.
Teleport: I rather feel like the Add-On Soma Family Photo should become basekit because it makes the teleport more worth it and feels more necessary than smoother/better.
Biopods: Agree. It is really annoying when this happens.
Add-On: As a brown Add-On sure
Singularity main here. Here's my take on the topic!:
As for the basekit Soma Family Photo, i think it should be an exponential graph, rather than a direct buff.
The further the survivor is, you get X% haste for a few seconds(?). This would ensure it cant simply be spammed short range, but rather reward map pressure.
I really wish the pod placement was a bit smoother. A lot of the time when you try to shoot biopods onto something they just won't work, often because they're too close to some corner or something, even though realistically there is still enough space to fit one there.
For example, I can put a pod here:
But if I move just a tiny bit away from that spot, now suddenly I can't, even though there is still space between where I'm aiming and where the window is:
I also can't, for example, put one in this rounded part of the pillar here (you either have to move to the left or the right):
Failed pod placements like that are frustrating especially if you are trying to quickly shoot one to use in chase. The last picture isn't a good pod placement anyways for a real match (it doesn't even cover the exit gate), but I'm just using it as an example and there are other places this happens in.
I don't have an issue with most of his current addons, though Ultrasonic Sensor in particular is pretty useless. While it's a fun gimmick I guess, it's not actually good. You shouldn't really ever be looking through a biopod just to listen for sounds, and ultimately you really don't need sounds either. What matters is that you can see survivors so you can tag them; whether you can hear them or not is irrelevant.
I think decreasing the wakeup time after a teleport would achieve the same thing as the addon tbh, since the faster you can move at full speed, the quicker you can catch up to a Survivor. (not fan of base-kit haste haha)
I made a whole post on this recently, that’s my biggest frustration is pod placements are very frustrating because they stick when they wanna stick nothing worse when you’re in the heat of a chase and you’re trying to place a pod that you may potentially need for Chase and it takes four attempts and now the survivor is 4 miles down the road.
BVHR is nerfing one of his best perks. sloppy butcher. from playing against him, i think two aspect that could be buffed would be removing his camera cooldown for infecting and teleporting. The other aspect is decrease his wake up time to lower value like 1.2 seconds.
I 100% agree