How do you feel about kills speeding up generator times?

Let’s be honest, once there are only two Survivors left in a trial the match is mostly over. It creates a really awkward situation for both players. Usually I will find the other Survivor and give them whatever item I have, point to the exit gate, and then go and raise hell around the level making noise so I can get the Killer’s attention and give my teammate a chance to survive.

Obviously this isn’t usually how it plays out when two people are left. Sometimes one betrays the other, sometimes they hold the game hostage and sometimes they just give up.

Wouldn’t it be nice if no matter how many people are left in the trial, you still have a chance of completing generators?

I really think that generator repair speeds should speed up every time someone is killed. This gives hope to the people that are left as well as maybe helps fix tunneling a little bit so that Killers who want a longer game can have one if they spread the “love” around.

Of course if it is too powerful tweaks would have to be made like making the base time repair speed take longer when there are four Survivors. What are your thoughts on this?

I give credit to @xEa for helping spark this idea. Their idea was similar but instead of kills it is hooks. The only reason I deviate from hooks is because it would feel awful to get 8 hooks and gen speeds are too fast. I prefer the speed up to revolve around kills that way there is still hope for even two Survivors left.

Comments

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3649058#Comment_3649058

    Precisely why in my first post, I suggest it should be a system that scales with both kills and gens. This dampens the snowball effect for either side, and doesn't take victories away from the killer if they're valid victories.

    So if there were only two Survivors left then the last gen would be normal speed. It’s a little tough imo but I’d be willing to try it.

    The only criticism I can give it is that maybe the system could feel too convoluted at first. But I think people would catch on. The trial gets more difficult as Survivors progress with some small relief after a Survivor dies.

  • @HerInfernalMajesty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3649049#Comment_3649049

    I see. Thank you for replying.

    I personally have different thoughts but I respect yours.

    For me, it’s hard to use gameplay style to determine what is and isn’t adequate since the MMR will eventually put you as the Killer into a position where your play style is good enough. Again not to disprove your experiences, I am just of a different mind.

    When it comes to 2nd hook vs first kill my reasoning is that if Survivors start with a penalty to repair speed; be it 25% or even as low as 5%, if all four are alive most of the match because the Killer is going for the 8 hook then the penalty should be doing its job and they should still make adequate progress.

    I see however where you are going with the 2nd hook idea. First, is it the 2nd hook of the game? Or is it the first 2nd hook for a Survivor? Let me know where I get it wrong.

    If you mean a Survivor’s second hook: All Survivors start with a penalty to gen speed. Once one Survivor reaches their second hook, then the game goes back to normal dbd rates. Once someone is killed then the repair speed goes up. So the best way for the Killer to get value out of this is to hook everyone once then start another round of hooks until 8 hooks are achieved then go for kills.

    If you mean the 2nd hook of the match: The Killer has a small window of slower gen speeds. If the Killer double hooks one Survivor then they eliminate the penalty, it goes back to normal dbd rates. The Killer is then one hook away from making gen speeds faster. If the Killer hooks two different Survivors then the game goes back to normal dbd rates. And the Killer can now spread hooks making use of their early time given from the penalty. Did I get that right?

    Thank you again graciously for taking the time to flesh this idea out.

    When it comes to 2nd hook vs first kill my reasoning is that if Survivors start with a penalty to repair speed; be it 25% or even as low as 5%, if all four are alive most of the match because the Killer is going for the 8 hook then the penalty should be doing its job and they should still make adequate progress.

    I mean, like i said before, it depends a lot on how much of a penalty we are talking here. Lets say we use penalty before someone is killed off, it would like like this: 25% would be way to much, survivor wont stand a chance. 5%? Not enough penalty to shake up the meta. 10% probably a decent amount.

    I see however where you are going with the 2nd hook idea. First, is it the 2nd hook of the game? Or is it the first 2nd hook for a Survivor? Let me know where I get it wrong.

    Second hook on the same survivor.

    If you mean a Survivor’s second hook: All Survivors start with a penalty to gen speed. Once one Survivor reaches their second hook, then the game goes back to normal dbd rates. Once someone is killed then the repair speed goes up. So the best way for the Killer to get value out of this is to hook everyone once then start another round of hooks until 8 hooks are achieved then go for kills.

    Kinda like that. At least this would be encouraging killer to go out of their way and not tunnel.


    I guess both versions are a (in my opinion) a decent step into the right direction. Early game genrush is annoying for killer, getting tunneled is annoying for survivors. I dont see a better option then evening out the game a little bit for both sides while also fixing tunneling. some argue that killers will still tunnel, but then they will simply loose. And i also argue back, that tunneling is done by people who want to win, so they use the optimal strategy.


    Last but not least, the only real issue i see with both versions is that slugging will become more popular.

  • @HerInfernalMajesty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3649079#Comment_3649079

    So if there were only two Survivors left then the last gen would be normal speed. It’s a little tough imo but I’d be willing to try it.

    The only criticism I can give it is that maybe the system could feel too convoluted at first. But I think people would catch on. The trial gets more difficult as Survivors progress with some small relief after a Survivor dies.

    I think it's fair. If there's only one gen left then the survivors haven't been struggling and the killer has likely not been tunneling, at that point, the killer shouldn't be penalised for a sacrifice.

    It's self-limiting for both sides. If one side 'wins too much' (tunneling or genrushing) then the other side gets a repreive/bonus, which only lasts until the game 'levels out' again.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3649070#Comment_3649070

    When it comes to 2nd hook vs first kill my reasoning is that if Survivors start with a penalty to repair speed; be it 25% or even as low as 5%, if all four are alive most of the match because the Killer is going for the 8 hook then the penalty should be doing its job and they should still make adequate progress.

    I mean, like i said before, it depends a lot on how much of a penalty we are talking here. Lets say we use penalty before someone is killed off, it would like like this: 25% would be way to much, survivor wont stand a chance. 5%? Not enough penalty to shake up the meta. 10% probably a decent amount.

    I see however where you are going with the 2nd hook idea. First, is it the 2nd hook of the game? Or is it the first 2nd hook for a Survivor? Let me know where I get it wrong.

    Second hook on the same survivor.

    If you mean a Survivor’s second hook: All Survivors start with a penalty to gen speed. Once one Survivor reaches their second hook, then the game goes back to normal dbd rates. Once someone is killed then the repair speed goes up. So the best way for the Killer to get value out of this is to hook everyone once then start another round of hooks until 8 hooks are achieved then go for kills.

    Kinda like that. At least this would be encouraging killer to go out of their way and not tunnel.

    I guess both versions are a (in my opinion) a decent step into the right direction. Early game genrush is annoying for killer, getting tunneled is annoying for survivors. I dont see a better option then evening out the game a little bit for both sides while also fixing tunneling. some argue that killers will still tunnel, but then they will simply loose. And i also argue back, that tunneling is done by people who want to win, so they use the optimal strategy.

    Last but not least, the only real issue i see with both versions is that slugging will become more popular.

    I really like your idea the more that I think about it.

    Slugging would increase… But the silver lining is that more slug perks would have their time to shine. I’d love to see wglf used more. Also, at least with being slugged there are options to still win.

    But slugging is slugging… and at least with being tunneled you can hop into a different lobby. When you’re slugged you have to wait it out at the worst of times…

    Idk, I would be willing to make that trade-off I think.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3649094#Comment_3649094

    I think it's fair. If there's only one gen left then the survivors haven't been struggling and the killer has likely not been tunneling, at that point, the killer shouldn't be penalised for a sacrifice.

    It's self-limiting for both sides. If one side 'wins too much' (tunneling or genrushing) then the other side gets a repreive/bonus, which only lasts until the game 'levels out' again.

    Gotcha. Like a catch-up mechanic. I would definitely be willing to try it. It’s a lot better than the 2 Survivor problem we have right now. I like it!

1 2 ›