I feel disgustingly toxic. Is this toxic?

I was pushing for Rank 1 and this was the last Nurse game I could be bothered to play. It was probably single handedly the most intense Nurse game I've ever managed to win.

It started off with me starting and not being able to catch a Claudette (injured her though) and I switched onto a Kate who ran me for 2 gens (great start I've already got genrushed hard!) and I was finally able to down that Kate. She clicked her flashlight at me so I decided to teach her a lesson.

I hooked the Kate, saw a Meg doing a gen and downed her when the gen was 99%. I then went back to the hook because I saw the injured Claudette from earlier. I lost her but a twin of the Meg completed the other gen and my Bitter murmur shown me her exact location. I downed Meg and I was in a stupidly good spot. I had 3 people completely crushed in the space of 20 seconds. Shows the power of Nurse (no addons btw). I saw the Claudette who farmed the Kate and I downed Kate. I coulda ended it there but I felt disgusting and let the Claudette revive the Meg who completed a gen.

I hooked Kate and I hooked the Meg. The other 2 healed up and I went away from the hooks to pressure my gens since I had bought so much time slugging them it was no harm done. Not a single one of those 4 gens left were even tapped. It was pretty great how I bounced back but in such a scummy way. The Claudette unhooked the Kate and I downed Claudette and saw Kate chilling behind a tree trying to flashlight save. I hooked Kate and she was eliminated. I ate Claudettes D strike and hooked her. The Meg (we'll call her Meg #1) who almost completed a gen, was found by me and hooked quickly. I found the other Meg (Meg #2) and hooked her. Meg #1 who was unhooked just after I hooked the Meg #2. Meg #1 was unhooked and I only saw her so I eliminated her. I found Meg #2 and Claudette doing a gen and hooked Meg #2 and she was unhooked by Claudette. I hooked Claudette and found Meg #2 healing in a corner and I eliminated her. I just stood on the hill and let Claudette get hatch (I knew where it was but I did a lot of scummy things that game)

Claudette was pretty cool about the mass slugging where the whole game shifted to my favour.

Am I a tryhard Nurse for slugging to such an extreme level? And does this go against the survivors rulebook of a killer who isn't toxic. I felt like a tryhard for that slugging to get the whole game in my control.

Am I a toxic killer or was that an acceptable way to play it? I run Deerstalker btw so I could track the slugs well.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Here's a Nurse game of myself from back when I was mid-rank. If someone wants an idea of how bad the slugging was, it was about 10x worse then this video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYcrux-ONIg

  • ######### the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.

    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.
  • Ever heard of Marth88?

  • Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

  • I would not consider that toxic behavior. Most Nurse players slug, especially at the higher ranks, to help build momentum and achieve victory, so it is something you come to expect. Being slugged isn't exactly an enjoyable experience for the survivors, but I would blame myself, and my team for all getting slugged before blaming the killer for doing it.

  • @lasombra1979 said:
    Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

    Maybe not toxic, but those methods are annoying at worst.

    Not that I wouldn't tunnel or camp if one survivor was particularly annoying. Same thing for survivor, if a killer was a tunneling or camping person and I get saved, I'd tea bag them to oblivion at the gates. I do not like made up rules.

  • Annoying and toxic are not even remotely the same thing. This toxic crap is beyond over used and losing its meaning.

  • @lasombra1979 I know that, which is why I said not toxic, just at worst they are annoying. At the end of the day toxic has no meaning. Which you put beautifully in your post.

  • @Shad03 said:
    @lasombra1979 I know that, which is why I said not toxic, just at worst they are annoying. At the end of the day toxic has no meaning. Which you put beautifully in your post.

    I misread your post @Shad03. I apologize.

  • @lasombra1979 it cool. Mistakes happen, fortunately I am of the few who don't rage 8-)

    Have a lovely day. And as for @Poweas , you're not toxic. You did a pretty good job so far(™)

  • @Shad03 said:
    @lasombra1979 it cool. Mistakes happen, fortunately I am of the few who don't rage 8-)

    Have a lovely day. And as for @Poweas , you're not toxic. You did a pretty good job so far(™)

    Ok thanks, I try to make sure my survivors in my lobby at least have fun. Unless they try to ruin the game for me, I always try to stay in their rulebook. Thanks for clarifying it to me though, I really felt like I was being horrible to that team.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.

    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.

    Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol.

    Also I stick to the survivors book because
    A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception)
    and
    B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer.

  • @TheOwl said:
    I would not consider that toxic behavior. Most Nurse players slug, especially at the higher ranks, to help build momentum and achieve victory, so it is something you come to expect. Being slugged isn't exactly an enjoyable experience for the survivors, but I would blame myself, and my team for all getting slugged before blaming the killer for doing it.

    Ok thanks.

  • @Shad03 said:
    Ever heard of Marth88?

    Why did he slug like me?

  • @lasombra1979 said:
    Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

    I'll keep that in mind but I'll never run NOED :p.

  • @Poweas said:

    @Shad03 said:
    Ever heard of Marth88?

    Why did he slug like me?

    He is so good as Nurse even he is disgusted by how effective with Nurse. If we go by the player definition of toxic, then Marth88 is the king of Toxic Nurse players.

    Others just call him the best Nurse player, I highly recommend watching his Nurse videos to see for yourself the power he wields.. I think we all slugged at some point.

  • @Poweas said:

    @lasombra1979 said:
    Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

    I'll keep that in mind but I'll never run NOED :p.

    I personally rarely run NOED unless I am needing a hook or mori daily rit. I just hate using a perk slot on a something that may be broken before it ever can be used.

  • Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.

    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.

    Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol.

    Also I stick to the survivors book because
    A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception)
    and
    B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer.

    Pressure begets pressure. If you can apply it, do it, especially if they apply it first.
    They're not in it for you to have fun if they're gen rushing.

    I love trying to stick to the survivors book some, but that is a luxury, and only they can offer it. If they give me the time to be nice, i will be nicer.

    They will probably never care in the long run if anyone plays by their rules.
    You won't get anything out of it in a trial. They don't know who you are until the end, after all.
    I seriously doubt anyone will see your name at the end and remember it enough to drop it anywhere. 
    You're giving them too much credit.

    Again, they don't know who you are until the end of the trial. If you're remembered fondly enough, they will probably go hard on you anyhow, then maybe feel bad after.
  • Not even remotely close to problematic IMO.
  • @Poweas said:
    I was pushing for Rank 1 and this was the last Nurse game I could be bothered to play. It was probably single handedly the most intense Nurse game I've ever managed to win.

    It started off with me starting and not being able to catch a Claudette (injured her though) and I switched onto a Kate who ran me for 2 gens (great start I've already got genrushed hard!) and I was finally able to down that Kate. She clicked her flashlight at me so I decided to teach her a lesson.

    I hooked the Kate, saw a Meg doing a gen and downed her when the gen was 99%. I then went back to the hook because I saw the injured Claudette from earlier. I lost her but a twin of the Meg completed the other gen and my Bitter murmur shown me her exact location. I downed Meg and I was in a stupidly good spot. I had 3 people completely crushed in the space of 20 seconds. Shows the power of Nurse (no addons btw). I saw the Claudette who farmed the Kate and I downed Kate. I coulda ended it there but I felt disgusting and let the Claudette revive the Meg who completed a gen.

    I hooked Kate and I hooked the Meg. The other 2 healed up and I went away from the hooks to pressure my gens since I had bought so much time slugging them it was no harm done. Not a single one of those 4 gens left were even tapped. It was pretty great how I bounced back but in such a scummy way. The Claudette unhooked the Kate and I downed Claudette and saw Kate chilling behind a tree trying to flashlight save. I hooked Kate and she was eliminated. I ate Claudettes D strike and hooked her. The Meg (we'll call her Meg #1) who almost completed a gen, was found by me and hooked quickly. I found the other Meg (Meg #2) and hooked her. Meg #1 who was unhooked just after I hooked the Meg #2. Meg #1 was unhooked and I only saw her so I eliminated her. I found Meg #2 and Claudette doing a gen and hooked Meg #2 and she was unhooked by Claudette. I hooked Claudette and found Meg #2 healing in a corner and I eliminated her. I just stood on the hill and let Claudette get hatch (I knew where it was but I did a lot of scummy things that game)

    Claudette was pretty cool about the mass slugging where the whole game shifted to my favour.

    Am I a tryhard Nurse for slugging to such an extreme level? And does this go against the survivors rulebook of a killer who isn't toxic. I felt like a tryhard for that slugging to get the whole game in my control.

    Am I a toxic killer or was that an acceptable way to play it? I run Deerstalker btw so I could track the slugs well.

    Yes you are a tryhard (for playing nurse in general lul), its not toxic though :wink:

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.

    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.

    Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol.

    Also I stick to the survivors book because

    A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception)

    and

    B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer.

    Pressure begets pressure. If you can apply it, do it, especially if they apply it first.
    They're not in it for you to have fun if they're gen rushing.

    I love trying to stick to the survivors book some, but that is a luxury, and only they can offer it. If they give me the time to be nice, i will be nicer.

    They will probably never care in the long run if anyone plays by their rules.
    You won't get anything out of it in a trial. They don't know who you are until the end, after all.
    I seriously doubt anyone will see your name at the end and remember it enough to drop it anywhere. 
    You're giving them too much credit.

    Again, they don't know who you are until the end of the trial. If you're remembered fondly enough, they will probably go hard on you anyhow, then maybe feel bad after.

    I still like being a nice killer though.

  • @Master said:

    @Poweas said:
    I was pushing for Rank 1 and this was the last Nurse game I could be bothered to play. It was probably single handedly the most intense Nurse game I've ever managed to win.

    It started off with me starting and not being able to catch a Claudette (injured her though) and I switched onto a Kate who ran me for 2 gens (great start I've already got genrushed hard!) and I was finally able to down that Kate. She clicked her flashlight at me so I decided to teach her a lesson.

    I hooked the Kate, saw a Meg doing a gen and downed her when the gen was 99%. I then went back to the hook because I saw the injured Claudette from earlier. I lost her but a twin of the Meg completed the other gen and my Bitter murmur shown me her exact location. I downed Meg and I was in a stupidly good spot. I had 3 people completely crushed in the space of 20 seconds. Shows the power of Nurse (no addons btw). I saw the Claudette who farmed the Kate and I downed Kate. I coulda ended it there but I felt disgusting and let the Claudette revive the Meg who completed a gen.

    I hooked Kate and I hooked the Meg. The other 2 healed up and I went away from the hooks to pressure my gens since I had bought so much time slugging them it was no harm done. Not a single one of those 4 gens left were even tapped. It was pretty great how I bounced back but in such a scummy way. The Claudette unhooked the Kate and I downed Claudette and saw Kate chilling behind a tree trying to flashlight save. I hooked Kate and she was eliminated. I ate Claudettes D strike and hooked her. The Meg (we'll call her Meg #1) who almost completed a gen, was found by me and hooked quickly. I found the other Meg (Meg #2) and hooked her. Meg #1 who was unhooked just after I hooked the Meg #2. Meg #1 was unhooked and I only saw her so I eliminated her. I found Meg #2 and Claudette doing a gen and hooked Meg #2 and she was unhooked by Claudette. I hooked Claudette and found Meg #2 healing in a corner and I eliminated her. I just stood on the hill and let Claudette get hatch (I knew where it was but I did a lot of scummy things that game)

    Claudette was pretty cool about the mass slugging where the whole game shifted to my favour.

    Am I a tryhard Nurse for slugging to such an extreme level? And does this go against the survivors rulebook of a killer who isn't toxic. I felt like a tryhard for that slugging to get the whole game in my control.

    Am I a toxic killer or was that an acceptable way to play it? I run Deerstalker btw so I could track the slugs well.

    Yes you are a tryhard (for playing nurse in general lul), its not toxic though :wink:

    Yeah this is the last time I'm playing her unless I want to push back up at some point. I just wanted the achievements for rank 1. Now I'm devoting my time to levelling/mastering my Spirit and mastering my Billy. I'm also going back to being a neutral player :p.

  • Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.

    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.

    Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol.

    Also I stick to the survivors book because

    A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception)

    and

    B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer.

    Pressure begets pressure. If you can apply it, do it, especially if they apply it first.
    They're not in it for you to have fun if they're gen rushing.

    I love trying to stick to the survivors book some, but that is a luxury, and only they can offer it. If they give me the time to be nice, i will be nicer.

    They will probably never care in the long run if anyone plays by their rules.
    You won't get anything out of it in a trial. They don't know who you are until the end, after all.
    I seriously doubt anyone will see your name at the end and remember it enough to drop it anywhere. 
    You're giving them too much credit.

    Again, they don't know who you are until the end of the trial. If you're remembered fondly enough, they will probably go hard on you anyhow, then maybe feel bad after.

    I still like being a nice killer though.

    Me, too. I really do. 
    I just wanna have fun like anyone else.
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.
    
    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.
    
    
    
    Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol.
    
    Also I stick to the survivors book because
    
    A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception)
    
    and
    
    B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer.
    
    
    
    Pressure begets pressure. If you can apply it, do it, especially if they apply it first.
    

    They're not in it for you to have fun if they're gen rushing.

    I love trying to stick to the survivors book some, but that is a luxury, and only they can offer it. If they give me the time to be nice, i will be nicer.
    
    They will probably never care in the long run if anyone plays by their rules.
    

    You won't get anything out of it in a trial. They don't know who you are until the end, after all.

    I seriously doubt anyone will see your name at the end and remember it enough to drop it anywhere. 

    You're giving them too much credit.

    Again, they don't know who you are until the end of the trial. If you're remembered fondly enough, they will probably go hard on you anyhow, then maybe feel bad after.

    I still like being a nice killer though.

    Me, too. I really do. 
    I just wanna have fun like anyone else.

    Yeah. As survivor I'm inbetween though because if a killer does one thing that annoys me I will be flat out toxic and hardcore but normally I just mess around with the killer. It's so funny when you point at them and they look around as if to say "Who? Me?"

  • Absolutely nothing you did was even close to scummy. If they managed to get spotted (especially against a Nurse) while you were busy with someone else then that's entirely their fault. It's really depressing reading you constantly beating yourself up for just playing the game the way you should. I try to pull back if I'm doing too well, but it's not because I think I'm being scummy. It's because it's not fun for me or them if I just end the match it 2 minutes.

  • Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that.
    
    It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine.
    
    
    
    Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol.
    
    Also I stick to the survivors book because
    
    A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception)
    
    and
    
    B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer.
    
    
    
    Pressure begets pressure. If you can apply it, do it, especially if they apply it first.
    

    They're not in it for you to have fun if they're gen rushing.

    I love trying to stick to the survivors book some, but that is a luxury, and only they can offer it. If they give me the time to be nice, i will be nicer.
    
    They will probably never care in the long run if anyone plays by their rules.
    

    You won't get anything out of it in a trial. They don't know who you are until the end, after all.

    I seriously doubt anyone will see your name at the end and remember it enough to drop it anywhere. 

    You're giving them too much credit.

    Again, they don't know who you are until the end of the trial. If you're remembered fondly enough, they will probably go hard on you anyhow, then maybe feel bad after.

    I still like being a nice killer though.

    Me, too. I really do. 
    I just wanna have fun like anyone else.

    Yeah. As survivor I'm inbetween though because if a killer does one thing that annoys me I will be flat out toxic and hardcore but normally I just mess around with the killer. It's so funny when you point at them and they look around as if to say "Who? Me?"

    As a survivor I'm in my element staying away from the action and doing gens since most others potato, and panic when someone gets hurt. Someone has to focus. I'm pretty lousy at rescues, and my evasion could use work.

    I don't feel like I'm at a good skill level in evasion and running to get toxic. I mostly just try to buy time for everyone else.

    I do remember one time I felt awful mean at Yamaoka estate though.

    A leatherface was camping hard. I tried to get close, but realized I couldn't . 
    Instead I found a gen and he pretty much watched me do it, and I watched him. 
    He eventually moved, and someone snick in and made the rescue as I bolted.
  • When playing survivor, in the type of game that you described - I would fully expect the killer to slug, to put on pressure and not waste time with hooking. And would do the same whilst playing Killer if I really wanted to win the match.

  • @lasombra1979 said:
    Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

    There is a clear distinction between wrong and toxic in my book. It is obviously possible to do both at the same time though. In the OP's case I don't feel he/she was either wrong or toxic. But there are some things you mentioned that I do feel can be toxic.

    First, let's start with a definition. This is my definition so don't bother quoting a dictionary. My definition of toxic in gaming is based on intent. If you are actively trying to ruin another players gaming experience then you are being toxic. Trying to win is not toxic however. So here are some examples. If I was playing a FPS game and I kill another player 20 times, that is not inherently toxic. If I was playing that same FPS game and killed another player at their spawn point for 19 of those kills, then that is toxic.

    DBD can be a little harder to make a distinction between toxic and non-toxic gameplay given the games win conditions. Let's look at camping for a bit since it is always a hot topic. Camping is not wrong. Killers can straight up face camp and not break any rules. But is it toxic? To me, it depends on the circumstances. Are all the gens done? If so then it is a bit silly to expect the killer to leave a survivor on a hook since there are no realistic objectives to patrol.

    On the other hand, is the killer just hard camping each and every time they get a survivor on a hook? Imho, that is toxic. It definitely makes playing as a survivor a miserable experience. I genuinely believe if every killer hard camped every game that this game would simply cease to be viable. Whether or not camping in DBD is toxic or not isn't a simple back and white yes or no question.

  • Are you consol or pc because if you are on ps4 I would love to play your nurse 
  • @lasombra1979 said:
    Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

    There is a clear distinction between wrong and toxic in my book. It is obviously possible to do both at the same time though. In the OP's case I don't feel he/she was either wrong or toxic. But there are some things you mentioned that I do feel can be toxic.

    First, let's start with a definition. This is my definition so don't bother quoting a dictionary. My definition of toxic in gaming is based on intent. If you are actively trying to ruin another players gaming experience then you are being toxic. Trying to win is not toxic however. So here are some examples. If I was playing a FPS game and I kill another player 20 times, that is not inherently toxic. If I was playing that same FPS game and killed another player at their spawn point for 19 of those kills, then that is toxic.

    DBD can be a little harder to make a distinction between toxic and non-toxic gameplay given the games win conditions. Let's look at camping for a bit since it is always a hot topic. Camping is not wrong. Killers can straight up face camp and not break any rules. But is it toxic? To me, it depends on the circumstances. Are all the gens done? If so then it is a bit silly to expect the killer to leave a survivor on a hook since there are no realistic objectives to patrol.

    On the other hand, is the killer just hard camping each and every time they get a survivor on a hook? Imho, that is toxic. It definitely makes playing as a survivor a miserable experience. I genuinely believe if every killer hard camped every game that this game would simply cease to be viable. Whether or not camping in DBD is toxic or not isn't a simple back and white yes or no question.

    That is your definition of toxic. It is not mine. You say it is based on intent but how do you know what the intent is. You are assuming the goal is to ruin the fun for others. That may not be it at all. That is the issue with these made up rules and terms. They vary far too much. To me, only time something is toxic is when a chat becomes threatening in some manner. Using all tools allowed by the rules is not toxic, just highly annoying.  
  • @redsopine01 said:
    Are you consol or pc because if you are on ps4 I would love to play your nurse 

    PC, on Xbox I can't play Nurse too well. I can get a 2k but on PC it'd be a 4k. On Xbox, however, I can play Hag at a level of my Nurse but I got a ridiculously good setup.

  • @OogieBoogie said:
    Absolutely nothing you did was even close to scummy. If they managed to get spotted (especially against a Nurse) while you were busy with someone else then that's entirely their fault. It's really depressing reading you constantly beating yourself up for just playing the game the way you should. I try to pull back if I'm doing too well, but it's not because I think I'm being scummy. It's because it's not fun for me or them if I just end the match it 2 minutes.

    Thanks for that. I guess I overreacted to how I played lol. It is a new experience for me, to slug so hard. In the game I presented above, I didn't notice I was slugging.

  • @MandyTalk said:
    When playing survivor, in the type of game that you described - I would fully expect the killer to slug, to put on pressure and not waste time with hooking. And would do the same whilst playing Killer if I really wanted to win the match.

    Thanks for giving a good insight. For that match I seriously wanted to win because it would decide if I'd get the rank 1 achievement for Nurse.

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:

    Poweas said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    
    Poweas said:
    

    @Rebel_Raven said: [BAD WORD] the survivors book. They'll often screw you over as much and as often as possible to win, and most of the survivors book is geared exactly for that. It sounds like they wanted to win as fast and as hard as possible. You matched them. It's fine. Wait. So did I actually match up to their skill, because at the start of the game, that Kate and Claudette bodied me while the 2 Megs flew through the gens. The Kate and Claudette eventually got predictable and taken down by me in seconds like the two Megs but I am kind of happy I caught up to that massive gap in skill. I also am really happy that I managed to keep up with the gens because that was wayy out of hand lol. Also I stick to the survivors book because A) I play an equal amount of survivor to killer so I like to make my survivors enjoy a game (this one was my only exception) and B) If they face me again, they might abuse me if I'm using a weaker killer. Pressure begets pressure. If you can apply it, do it, especially if they apply it first.

    They're not in it for you to have fun if they're gen rushing.
    

    I love trying to stick to the survivors book some, but that is a luxury, and only they can offer it. If they give me the time to be nice, i will be nicer. They will probably never care in the long run if anyone plays by their rules.

    You won't get anything out of it in a trial. They don't know who you are until the end, after all.
    
    I seriously doubt anyone will see your name at the end and remember it enough to drop it anywhere. 
    
    You're giving them too much credit.
    
    Again, they don't know who you are until the end of the trial. If you're remembered fondly enough, they will probably go hard on you anyhow, then maybe feel bad after.
    
    
    
    I still like being a nice killer though.
    
    
    
    Me, too. I really do. 
    

    I just wanna have fun like anyone else.

    Yeah. As survivor I'm inbetween though because if a killer does one thing that annoys me I will be flat out toxic and hardcore but normally I just mess around with the killer. It's so funny when you point at them and they look around as if to say "Who? Me?"

    As a survivor I'm in my element staying away from the action and doing gens since most others potato, and panic when someone gets hurt. Someone has to focus. I'm pretty lousy at rescues, and my evasion could use work.

    I don't feel like I'm at a good skill level in evasion and running to get toxic. I mostly just try to buy time for everyone else.

    I do remember one time I felt awful mean at Yamaoka estate though.

    A leatherface was camping hard. I tried to get close, but realized I couldn't . 
    Instead I found a gen and he pretty much watched me do it, and I watched him. 
    He eventually moved, and someone snick in and made the rescue as I bolted.

    Poor Leatherface. Last time I've made a killer feel like that, was a Huntress with NOED who tunnelled me off the hook. He had one guy in the basement but really wanted me. I was happy to outrun his NOED and escape. I even teabagged him. Now I realise I was way too childish. Poor guy was super triggered. I still justify it to myself because he camped a teammate when there was 3 gens left.

  • @lasombra1979 said:
    Did you use a cheat or an exploit? Did you anything that is against the rules of the game? If the answers are no, then you did nothing toxic.

    This toxic nonsense needs to stop. Slugging is not toxic. Camping is not toxic. Tunneling is not toxic. DS is not toxic. Flashlights are not toxic. Tbagging is not toxic. They are all acceptable parts of the game. Just because you do not like them does not make them toxic. This is a PvP game, as long as you are not breaking the rules of the game(not some made up rules that seem to change every week), play how you want.

    I have been caught in a flashlight attack from all 4 survivors while playing Captain Bing Bong. I did not find it toxic, I thought it was imaginative and well coordinated move. I

    @lasombra1979 I love you.

  • You did what you had to to win. From what I read, they were in it to win, so why shouldn't you be? A lot of people like to dismiss slugging -- especially on Nurse -- as toxic in a vain attempt to discredit it as an effective strategy.

    My advice is to stop caring about the survivor handbook. It's a stupid set of made-up rules conceived of to excuse their mistakes and, typically, devalue your win.