Another Myers tombstone complaint thread

Not really, but I know that people don't like the fact that the tombstone addons allow you to straight up kill survivors without any real effort. I figured suggesting some alternatives for the addons would be a step in the right direction.

First idea: Recovering Evil Within

Myers is the only killer who can straight up lose his power and get weaker the longer the game goes on. I figure having addons that allow you to 'stalk' while you are in tier three to refresh a survivor's 'evil' (not sure what you call the counter on a survivor that contributes to your evil within). Essentially the addons would dictate how long you have to stalk before the survivor is full on evil again- allowing you to farm a survivor for your evil within at the cost of some time and effort chasing them while being unable to hook or injure them until you're finished.

Second idea: investing your remaining Evil Within

The one problem I have with Myers power outside of it's limited nature is the fact that you are forced to 'chain' your downs with each tier 3 you receive, otherwise you feel like you are wasting it when you pick up a survivor and watch it slowly trickle down as you walk to a hook. Instead, I think the tombstones could allow you to 'store' evil within when picking up a survivor while in tier three. This could go one of two ways. Either A: it decreases the time and evil resource it takes to get tier 3 again permanently based on how much you had when picking up the survivor. or Alternatively B: it stores the time you had in tier 3, puts you back to tier 2 immediately, and when you reach evil within 3 again- it adds the amount of time you had left to that iteration of your tier 3 evil within. Either way, the idea would be to reward you for efficiently downing and picking up survivors with your tier 3, letting you get more out of it without having to down multiple survivors in one go.


If anyone else has ideas for what could replace the current tombstone addons, feel free to mention your ideas below! I really enjoy playing Myers, but there's always room for improvement!

Comments

  • The Tombstone add-ons should only let you kill survivors who are already on death hook, like Pyramid Head. I'd be fine with them receiving a new main effect, with the insta-kill being more of a side-bonus.

  • @Caiman said:

    The Tombstone add-ons should only let you kill survivors who are already on death hook, like Pyramid Head. I'd be fine with them receiving a new main effect, with the insta-kill being more of a side-bonus.

    Can't you mori on death hook with offerings? Not saying I'm against the idea, I just thought that niche was already covered.

  • Tombstone Piece I agree, Judith Myers Tombstone I don't agree.

    JMT is actually balanced with a very hefty trade off in both stalk time and movement speed. Myers with JMT is a 4.24 m/s killer with no tools to catch up other than PWYF, and (without Tombstone Piece in the picture) is fairly easy to spot given how much time he needs to stalk, and can be pretty easily countered by lockers, and for brave survivors, windows and pallets.

    He needs to completely deplete the stalk on 2 survivors before he can even start getting kills, and the time he takes against any even halfway competent team is liable to lose most of the gens if not all of them.

    Myers is the most roleplay effective killer in DBD, a license that is almost shocking accurately to its source, and JMT is an iri that further supports that, and is not something that should be casually thrown away.


    Though it is a bit of a juggernaut to read, I will throw my rework for him into the equation, as despite the lack of feedback, I'm still pretty proud of it, the main point being what he needs is some assistance with detection and map mobility, in combinations with some QoL and greater power spikes in EW3 to bring him off the bottom tiers:

    @UndeddJester said:

    Myers is not on the list for a rework in the first half of 2024, but given BHVRs recent work rate, I have faith him and Freddy are in their plans. As such, this is my last suggestion thread for Myers, before I trust BHVRs eventual plans (I solemnly swear!). I'll add my thoughts and reasoning in spoilers afterwards... but the short is, these are additions that don't change his core mechanics much... and there is a strong reason I went this route instead of the complete rework route.

    TLDR

    Basekit changes:

    • Stalk pool for each survivor replenishes at a rate of 1 stalk per minute after 5 seconds of not being stalked.
    • Stalk gains a bonus 10% stalk rate when stood completely still during stalk.
    • Myers base movement speed is increased to 5.2 m/s, and is reduced to his EW tier when less than 32m from any survivor. (Mark with a debuff of his EW Icon)
    • EW2 - Pallet break time is reduced by 7.5% (2.16s)
    • EW3 - Pallet break time is reduced by 15% (1.98s)

    Add-On changes:

    • Tombstone Piece: Stalks survivors +20% faster while stationary. Survivors replenish stalk pool at a rate of 2.5 stalk per minute.

    Quick Points:

    • Allows better stalking at long range when not moving to better reflect the films, and rewards positioning well. (See Stationary Stalk Bonus section)
    • Allows him to move quickly and 'sense' survivors with a built in Whispers to start stalking. (See Movement Speed increase while at distance)
    • Ensures he keeps his power all game, and prevents rats from blocking his power. (See Stalk Pool Replenishment)
    • Makes his EW3 more potent to account for loss of TP execution.
    • All 4 changes make Judith Myers Tombstone more viable, without removing it's main balancing weaknesses, so the threat of instant execution Myers remains real.


  • @WeaverReaver42 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3640895#Comment_3640895

    Can't you mori on death hook with offerings? Not saying I'm against the idea, I just thought that niche was already covered.

    Yeah but Myers' Tombstone can skip the injure and skip the down and go straight to dead. No one else can do that.