Survivor addons escape change

So probably the biggest complaint that killers have is that if a survivor escapes the trial their ultra rare comes with them ie Insta heals etc.

So how about instead of keeping the entire thing and addons there could be a change.
Options:

1.If the item was used like say you brought a big medkit with an instant addon and used part of the medkit but not the ultra rare addon the ultra rare is still destroyed. Think of it as the Entity taking it's payment for you living and as a bit of Entity humour.

This keeps people from simply using the medkit part way to save the instant heal and would change the medkit to instant use the moment you use it not require an activate ability. Instead the moment you decide to M2 (PC) it automatically uses the instant heal and the medkit is destroyed.

Edit: change it to ultra rares only and make it only for partial usage so as not to punish newer players but also not to punish those that don't get items used.

Comments

  • I wouldn't say that's the biggest complaint. I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about that at all actually. As much as I hate facing Instaheals or BNPs, I don't see a reason to punish a survivor who didn't need to use it. Killer Add Ons generally have a more consistent effect rather than the occasional single use effect(looking at you, Fredward) so it makes sense for those to be consumed.
  • If you bring an insta-heal into the game and never use it, you might as well brought nothing.

  • @thesuicidefox said:
    If you bring an insta-heal into the game and never use it, you might as well brought nothing.

    I see people that'll bring it but refuse to use it on anyone but themselves but will also just use a medkit as well.

  • Why punish them for not needing to use their item then?
  • why not let the killer keep the addon if he get 3 kills

  • why not let the killer keep the addon if he get 3 kills

    Killer add-ons often give the killer much better odds of getting those kills. If Huntress got to keep iridescent head every time she got a 3k then she'd almost never be seen without one. Killers get a constant benefit from their add-ons rather than a single use. They don't have the luxury of bringing it in but not using it. 


  • So after all, we are talking only about the Syringe since nobody uses BNP anymore.

    The Syringe is way too unbalanced and should be removed/reworked anyway.

  • @NoShinyPony said:
    So after all, we are talking only about the Syringe since nobody uses BNP anymore.

    The Syringe is way too unbalanced and should be removed/reworked anyway.

    I'd like for both to change to you need a prep time to ensure it's done right type of thing so while it'll heal 2 full states on use it still takes time to prep.

    Syringe takes 5 seconds of charging to use and Stepic takes 2.5 seconds of channeling to use and if you interrupt the channel on either they're wasted.

    They'd still be powerful but would carry risks and you couldn't just play stupidly and get away with it.

  • @powerbats said:
    Syringe takes 5 seconds of charging to use

    Good idea. Doesn't have to be precisely 5 seconds but something along the lines to it.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @powerbats said:
    Syringe takes 5 seconds of charging to use

    Good idea. Doesn't have to be precisely 5 seconds but something along the lines to it.

    Yes I just used the 5 seconds a placeholder time and it could be 3 seconds really and Styptic could be 1.5 seconds of channeling.

  • If I have a double Insta I will use it on a slugged guy or even a wounded on last hook to save them