Anti Camp cracked or useless?

since the reset I'm seeing many killers tunneling people out of the game and "camping" hooks from a distance

whenever this happens it's 3 or 4k easy wins to them, sooooo...

I think, most of the times, this is due (and I'm referring only to solo-queue scenarios) to both a great willing of unhooking mates (to get points or for good heart) and to the fact that whenever a survivor is in a certain range the progress of the auto-unhook is paused; be that he is in a position for a save or not, and of course in this stalling situation the killer has free-time to down another person, rinse and repeat.

I can't see a solution (maybe not pausing but slowing the progress?) since I understand there are many moments this'll be unfair to killers as they maybe have to kick gens or break pallets/walls near the hook; but the amount of killers exploiting the system in these couple of days is very high.

Comments

  • It is "Anti-FACECAMP" mechanic, not "Anti-Camp". This is made to prevent face camping situations, not killers doing proxy camping.

  • Proxy camping has always been a thing, and it's far more manageable for survivors to work around.

    Facecamping was always the bigger issue, and we don't see any of it outside of endgame now.

    It's working as intended.

  • I agree it is almost a guaranteed way to get more downs for the killer because of how many people will just rush to unhook. This is the reason for the method of play. Tunneling also is a strat that many use since it quickly removes a survivor making the game a lot more manageable.

    I preface this last part by saying I am usually on the survivor side. I did not realize that the tunneling was considered bad by many. I get why the targeted person dislikes it but you can learn and adapt.

  • If you are seeing this regularly, have you considered using:

    • Reassurance?
    • Borrowed Time?
    • Off The Record?
    • Camaradarie?
    • Desperate Measures with Overcome/Dead Hard?
    • Kindred and Open Handed?
    • Deliverance?

    It soudns like you'd get a lot of value from any of them.