Should the forums have a report category?

Now this came to my mind because I saw a post in which the guy linked some images that showed how he had been attacked verbally by other people after a match.

I know we have an in-game report but I play on ps4 and from what I've heard there are no bans there yet. It's no problem when I get hate msgs cuz I just report them from the ps4 menu itself, but I've faced multiple cheaters like people who exploit certain parts of the map where other players cant reach, helping the killer find other survivors to kill them and then farm, an insane amount of DCs, etc.

Maybe we should have this kind of category to link there all this stuff until the bans for console are ready?
Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Use the in-game report system. Bans may not be available on consoles yet, but the report system still works. Reports are logged and looked at. Naming-and-shaming isn't helpful.

  • I agree obviously to report those who verbally abuse somebody, or team with the killer. however I think glitch spots per say while annoying shouldn't be a reportable offence, infact I believe that a glitch spot should be used alot in order to gain publicity and make the fix for said spot faster.

  • @AlphaJackson said:
    I agree obviously to report those who verbally abuse somebody, or team with the killer. however I think glitch spots per say while annoying shouldn't be a reportable offence, infact I believe that a glitch spot should be used alot in order to gain publicity and make the fix for said spot faster.

    That's not how bug fixes work. Do you think that if a forest is burning down faster, the firefighters suddenly get new gear and spontaneously develop superpowers to put it out?

  • @Orion said:

    @AlphaJackson said:
    I agree obviously to report those who verbally abuse somebody, or team with the killer. however I think glitch spots per say while annoying shouldn't be a reportable offence, infact I believe that a glitch spot should be used alot in order to gain publicity and make the fix for said spot faster.

    That's not how bug fixes work. Do you think that if a forest is burning down faster, the firefighters suddenly get new gear and spontaneously develop superpowers to put it out?

    No I dont because I never compared game development to a forest fire. i'm not sure have you ever seen the COD Zombies community, many of the youtubers from back around the BLOPS2 era would post many videos on the glitch spots and would then soon have the spots fixed by the developers, where as those spots which would be found by the smaller youtubers say only in the tens maybe hundred would have their glitches remain in the game for several months, as opposed to days maybe weeks at most.

    What I'm saying is that, by publicising the problems they become more evident for the developers to fix, and the more attention it gets the more of a priority it becomes otherwise it will bring in bad publicity for the company, and so in fixing the bugs quicker thanks to people sharing the bugs, they A. Fix the problem quicker and B. Can get good publicity from fixing problems quickly and paying attention to the problems that their playerbase find.

    I'm not so sure where you got your burning forest from but it is far from a good comparison.

  • So how do you explain bugs being fixed when very few people know about them?
    There's no correlation between something being abused and how quickly it gets fixed. Programming does not work that way, period.

  • No, I don't believe we should have a report section - it will quickly lead to witch hunting of individuals etc.

    I can also imagine it full of "this person camped me" & "this person looped me" type of posts - with links to their profiles, that's not something that this community needs at all.

  • MandyTalk said:

    No, I don't believe we should have a report section - it will quickly lead to witch hunting of individuals etc.

    I can also imagine it full of "this person camped me" & "this person looped me" type of posts - with links to their profiles, that's not something that this community needs at all.

    Hey Mandy, talking about reports, can you ask the developers or a ACM about giving console players the ability to provide an explanation in the report? Currently only PC users have this ability.
  • Nickenzie said:
    MandyTalk said:

    No, I don't believe we should have a report section - it will quickly lead to witch hunting of individuals etc.

    I can also imagine it full of "this person camped me" & "this person looped me" type of posts - with links to their profiles, that's not something that this community needs at all.

    Hey Mandy, talking about reports, can you ask the developers or a ACM about giving console players the ability to provide an explanation in the report? Currently only PC users have this ability.
    You could just submit a ticket, like many posts have told. It’s the easiest way to get someone on console reported.