Entity's Challenges to test new mechanics

Reworking a @JawsIsTheNextKiller idea, who deserves sincere congratulations for the intuition, one week a month (it's an example: I will accept every timing the Devs choose) Dead by Daylight could become an open-air laboratory to test the feasibility and enjoyment of substantial gameplay reforms.

I refer to reforms that do not require much programming effort (otherwise it would be unfair to expect our beloved developers to dedicate time and resources for ephemeral changes, destined to disappear in a week), but able to revolutionize the balance at stake, to challenge old certainties, to accustom players to review their strategies with a benevolent curiosity towards the new.

In narrative terms, the Entity would program similar events (the Entity's Challenges) to train their slaves (the killers) and test the hopes of the prey team (the survivors). If the Community appreciates the changes proposed by the Entity, these can become definitive.


Do you agree? :)

Comments

  • Is totally behind this idea, i did love the Halloween event, i know not favoured but it was great and fun, challenging too. Be awesome if they expanded the maps, made them bigger....2 killers, 6 survivors, 8 gens....see which killer gets the most hooks, see who survives.....just a mad idea!

  • @Mushwin I'd like the idea of ​​an alternative game mode, with 2 killers, 10 survivors, 12 totems and 12 generators (or other properly balanced numbers), in larger maps, but it would be an epoch-making novelty, which can only be permanent, after the immense effort to develop it.

    In this thread I talk about relatively easy changes in terms of programming, but exciting and revolutionary in the game.

    For example:
    1) regarding the six perks system, it is sufficient to change the shape of the icons and the number of slots available for each player;
    2) regarding the hatch, the work may be more complex, but I think that setting two hatches that open in turn or a hatch that can be closed and reopened does not require major changes in the game code;
    3) regarding the hardcore mode, it is sufficient to deactivate the lines of code relating to Auras, scratches, HUD, offerings etc., to get a challenge to the death, as explained in the indicated thread.

    Things that are easy for developers to do, but extremely innovative for players: a series of public PTBs to test the ground for changes or additions that, if appreciated, can become stable, structural and definitive. :)
  • @Peanits I'd like to read your opinion about the Entity's Challenges. :)
  • I'd like this to be a monthly event too. The devs know that their events bring in players, as does new content.

    At 7:01 on Jan 3rd after the Winter event finished I was already googling what the next DBD "thing" was I could look forward to.

    The only thing upcoming is the vague speculation that one day the Entity will allow EU PS4 players to obtain the Charity case.

  • Just an idea that popped into my head, that would be good for perhaps a week. But what about mines (land mines) dotted about the map, hidden. If you step on one and it blows up, then you go into the mangled state, if you find one you can sabatoge it so it doesn't work no more. Maybe even get blood points for each dismantle of one?

  • @Entità said:
    Reworking a @JawsIsTheNextKiller idea, who deserves sincere congratulations for the intuition, one week a month Dead by Daylight could become an open-air laboratory to test the feasibility and enjoyment of substantial gameplay reforms.

    I refer to reforms that do not require much programming effort (otherwise it would be unfair to expect our beloved developers to dedicate time and resources for ephemeral changes, destined to disappear in a week), but able to revolutionize the balance at stake, to challenge old certainties, to accustom players to review their strategies with a benevolent curiosity towards the new.

    You greatly, greatly underestimate the effort that such a monthly test would require. I will say it directly: As interesting as it would be, it is completely unrealistic.

  • @Mushwin I'd try it and every new mechanic.

    @ShinyPony Have you read the following explanation I gave after the OP? :)
    Entità said:
    @Mushwin I'd like the idea of ​​an alternative game mode, with 2 killers, 10 survivors, 12 totems and 12 generators (or other properly balanced numbers), in larger maps, but it would be an epoch-making novelty, which can only be permanent, after the immense effort to develop it.

    In this thread I talk about relatively easy changes in terms of programming, but exciting and revolutionary in the game.

    For example:
    1) regarding the six perks system, it is sufficient to change the shape of the icons and the number of slots available for each player;
    2) regarding the hatch, the work may be more complex, but I think that setting two hatches that open in turn or a hatch that can be closed and reopened does not require major changes in the game code;
    3) regarding the hardcore mode, it is sufficient to deactivate the lines of code relating to Auras, scratches, HUD, offerings etc., to get a challenge to the death, as explained in the indicated thread.

    Things that are easy for developers to do, but extremely innovative for players: a series of public PTBs to test the ground for changes or additions that, if appreciated, can become stable, structural and definitive. :)
    If once every month is too difficult, then it could be once every six, eight, ten weeks, whatever they want: the idea is more important than the timing, which can be freely adjusted.
  • Ya i love the events especially those that you can use what you have earned playing to buy things like the hallowed blight....loved filling nectar viles just gave me something new to do every game...winter double bloodpoints was nice but just having cosmetic things wasn't too exciting and nothing you had to do in game differently to earn lets say the xmas sweaters made it a little meh..