Killers, please stop dodging.
A message to all killers. I never understood why people are afraid to fight any sort of survivors. Are you not a confident killer? Do you think you're bad? I don't get it. I understand killers have almost instantaneous wait times but survivors do not. I can't tell you how annoying it is to wait 10-15 minutes to find a game just to get dodged, sometimes 3 or 4 times in a row.
Stop being afraid of SWF groups, half the time i get dodged I'm only a group of 2 people. Sometimes people join up all at once, regardless of them being in a SWF together or not. Ontop of killers being afraid of specific survivors (???) I still dont understand that stigma. "Ope nope. I can't kill them, they have a claudette on the team. Time to dodge"
So TLDR killers, please stop dodging us. We understand you find games instantly but we do not.
-sincerely,
survivors and our ridiculous wait times.
Stop being afraid of SWF groups, half the time i get dodged I'm only a group of 2 people. Sometimes people join up all at once, regardless of them being in a SWF together or not. Ontop of killers being afraid of specific survivors (???) I still dont understand that stigma. "Ope nope. I can't kill them, they have a claudette on the team. Time to dodge"
So TLDR killers, please stop dodging us. We understand you find games instantly but we do not.
-sincerely,
survivors and our ridiculous wait times.
Comments
Why are SWF afraid of playing the game normally? This goes both ways.
Yeah, no. If you use chat outside the game, you're basically cheating, and people don't like being cheated.
We don't know if you are until we're in the game, but most SWFs do use outside help.
So why on earth should we have to roll the dice on if we're going to get cheated out of a fair game when odds are you are going to cheat us?
What's in it for us? Why should we have to put up with a difficulty spike?
It's getting to the point where I have to roll the dice on if a SWF is going to be filled with #########, sweaty tryhards, and/or people using outside chat.
And don't get me started on mixed rank SWFs where you aren't even the same color in rank, and letting the higher rank prey on lower rank killers.
I'm not saying you and your homies pull the bullshit I mentioned, but too many others do to instantly have the trust of the killers that dodge you.
We care about your wait times about as much as SWF cares about the fun of a killer, and that's slim to none.
Im not confident at all when I play unviable killers because I know its up to the survivors whether I lose or win.
And tell me, why should I go against a SWF that clearly wants to bully me? Nah thanks, I will dodge and hand that group onto the next nurse/billy that wanna deal with them.
Oh and btw, no killers dodges because of claudette, you wouldnt be able to find a game for hours probably
Also I thought survivor queue times are instant because killers got buffed so hard for ez 4ks that everybody wants to play killer?
Do you think map-wide, real-time communication is an intended feature?
Bottom line, though, Killers aren't "scared" to go up against SWF. They just don't think it's fun.
And yeah sweaty tea bagging try hards are annoying to fight but oh so much more satisfying when you down and kill them. Plus, whats the point in pub stomping randoms? Id much rather get better at the game and play against talented, coordinated players. Makes the game much more fun than just, say walking all over easy noobs.
This isn't normal gameplay.
Using "survivor logic" now, this means that killers need to be buffed such that survivors get faster queues again?
I am curious, do you play in a SWF, same name/outfits? A lot of items? Flashlights? Toxic name?
When I play survivor, I get dodged really rarely
And neither is using outside chat. If it was something the devs didnt want to happen they would cancel it, just like they did in the earlier days of Friday The 13th, which they also have taken that concept away because playing team games without communicating with your team just isnt as fun.
I dont dodge... I guess Im fine then.
Ill ######### Camp tho, høhøhø.
It's cheating, bluntly.
I like having a fair shake in my games. Even odds.
Enjoy the challenge all you want. I'm a bit too casual, and under equipped to want to go tryhard.
Frankly if your are breaking the game to beat me, you have no room to talk about my skill.
Well technically you are using a third party program (ts/discord) to gain an ingame advantage. Yeah yeah you wont get banned, but you know what we mean.. Fact is that playing against SWF usually is quite unfun, either they genrush you ala depip squad or they throw each other at the hook while clickin at you ala ochido-gang.....
Survivor Queues are really fast, much faster than killer queues... Dont know what you are talking about survivor queues being slow.
Throwing at the hook can be countered, honestly, i love when survivors do that to me. Easy damage, yeah i lose a hook but i also just gained a huge advantage. And as a survivor I body block hooks wether I'm solo queuing or SWF. I'm not claiming to be the best killer, or survivor around. Suffice to say I'm just pretty causal player but playing solo queue vs playing with teams I play the game exactly the same as I would with randoms than I do SWF's. I dont need to hear "killers on me" to notice that the killer is chasing someone. Especially with so many potential sensory perks on the survivors.
You can explain away every single complaint from your PoV, but it won't matter. People want games to be fun. If you make their games unfun, they'll dodge.
Mixed rank SWFs vs a killer matched with the lowest, or next lowest rank are common.
Rarely we get 4 red ranks vs a rank 18 killer.
Spare the killer's feelings? Coming from the guy upset that killers dodge them? Why should killers spare your feelings? That's some irony for you .
Hey, you do you. You like the challenge? Go for it. Doesn't mean much of anything to me.
And it's not like you're a low rank killer getting stomped on by newbies.
It's pretty different when red ranks dodge red ranks and people who aren't red dodge because they might face survivors who are a different color rank.
How, exactly would DBD devs stop 3rd party voice chat? Or even prove it's being used?
P.s. chat is basically cheating since it isn't in the game at all during a trial, and the game isn't really balanced for it.
I didn't say "sides". I mean your personal PoV. You don't understand the complaints because you're only looking at it from your personal PoV.
Randoms do not teabag as much as SWF groups. On average, rounds with SWF are less fun than rounds without SWF.
And sparing feelings in game is entirely different than just assuming the survivors are going to be scummy before even starting a game lol.
And fun is in the eyes of the beholder I guess. Just because you don't get a 4k doesn't mean you cant have fun.
A friend of mine, who streams casually plays solo queue and is the scummiest player alive. Constantly tea bagging, uses that laurie sensory perk so the killer can see him at all times and he legit chases the killlers around being toxic as fuuuu- he much prefers solos over SWF. So it happens on both sides.
I feel ya though, i hate playing against scummy survivors. Doesn't mean I'm just gonna dodge every game I run into because they MIGHT be a SWF. Or they MIGHT be scummy. If that were the case I would never be able to play the game hahaha
Possible for what? Friday doesn't factor in.
Dead by daylight has no mid trial chat at all.
It is supposed to be antisocial, even between survivors:
Mathieu: It is an asymmetrical multiplayer game where you can live in the world of these 70s and 80s horror movies. It’s anti-social multiplayer where survivors have to collaborate and cooperate up to a certain point. The old saying is that you don’t need to be fast than the killer, you just need to be faster than your friends. Whereas the people playing as the killer, they just need to straight up murder everyone
Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/dead-by-daylight/interviews/dead-by-daylight-twitchcon-2018-interview-1000013188#S4qRbkyFtyQ0IJAF.99
Hence the lack of in game communication, and the amount of perks that survivors have to share information.
Hence the lack of balance between a chatting SWF and the average killer.
Trust is earned. Not given away. If you want to be trusted, SWF needs to he trustworthy.
Until then, safe bet SWF us going to be scummy. And it generally is.
This is absolutely hilarious. You seriously expect us to play a full game against a SWF with communication, torches and most likely DS, Borrowed time and get gen rushed. Nah, I think i'll pass thanks.
Edit: DS can be countered by dribbling. Borrowed time is countered by not camping. And touches are the easiest to counter, you litterally just look up lol.
i dodge swf because a swf in the green ranks on ps4 means your playing against a team of 3 red rankers and a green ranker who play incredibly toxicly and ruin the game completely for me. your pretty much asking me why i would avoid being stressed out for the rest of the day because thats how bad it can be. as a trapper main my only defense against swf is the basement and even that isnt a good counter. peoples answers can vary. rank 1 killers wont have the same problem as me but his situation can be just as bad. 4 info sharing, toxic survs against 1 killer who cant keep track of them is impossible to deal with.
good for you. I'd rather wait another minute and get a team full of morons with no communication. Kind of seems like common sense to me.
great summary of swf.
If you ignore everything that's been said, then yes.
PS: Next time, just say you're not really interested in anything anyone else has to say. Save everyone the time.
At one point in the match I had the streamer on the ground with knockout. Over chat she communicated directions to a teammate to be able to come heal her.
This game is meant to be a solitary experience. A group of friends were meant to experience this together but alone, unable to communicate. Otherwise comms would be built-in.
If you refuse to acknowledge the advantage communication gives a team against a killer then there's nothing more to say since you're clearly being willfully ignorant.
I understand all games arent like this as I too have played against the colorful hair teabaggers who chase the killer while his friends do gens. Thats an easy counter tho as long as you don't camp or tunnel.
was that sarcasm or not?
no, it was genuine. it's a spot on explanation of the issues we have to deal with.
ok thanks. i there is a lot of sarcasm on this site and it can be hard to pick up on it when its written.
Jason has the combined powers of several DBD killers (some far superior like his teleport, morph, knife throw), and then some powers on top of that.
I can't believe you'd put Jason who has the powers of the trapper, huntress, spirit, tier 3 myers (ability to just outright kill someone without having tohook them) and nurse to say the least in the same pool as DBD killers.
Jason is WAY better equipped to handle councilors who can communicate because he can pressure the map better, and waste way less time doing what he does. Especially kill people.
Even the Nurse isn't fast enough to pressure as hard as Jason who doesn't have a stun when he morphs, or teleports. He can straight grab and murder someone.
Could you imagine if Jason had to walk, or even jog to get anywhere? Lol
Or drag his prey to specific points several times to murder them?
Could you imagine if every DBD killer could instantly, or near instantly go from point a to b with almost no restrictions?
Huntress suddenly appears behind a survivor, hammers them down, quickly throws a hatchet at one survivor with no audio cue and crosshairs, grabs another and kills them immediately with no need to hook them? With a sped up mori since Jason has quick kills?
So, no that analogy doesn't work. At all.
I don't really dodge often, pretty much if I get a p3 claudette squad or some equivalent, ######### that. Even then I don't always dodge the camo squads. I do understand people avoiding the obvious kick in the dick that SWF groups are when they don't suck. Idk I'm kinda mixed on this issue. I mean SWF does give unnatural levels of coordination that can be annoying, but it doesn't feel that bad unless I'm playing weaker killers like legion or freddy.
Voice chat in DbD = they can do perfect gen rush
And i can be the best killer in the world.
If i dont play nurse vs SWF, i can lose.
And it doesnt matter what i do.
PS:
My killer lobby time is most of the time 10 - 30 min.
To be fair, today my killer lobby time is only 1 min.
My survivor lobby time is 5 seconds.
did you read what i wrote? also half was an exaggeration. there was 1 gen left when i was chasing but it took forever for it to get done for some reason.
Then theirs the speed of gens advantage an swf vs randoms can have which is awful considering gens already get done really fast with randoms. Some swfs also give you guys an awful name 4 ultra rare instas bnps etc can make a lot of killer games horrible.
I've encountered object of obssesion swfs who just use one survivours as a uav and have the obssesion hug the most loopable locations on the map. Stacking fogs and co ordinated flashlight ds squads can make a lot of games even worse if your struggling as killer.
Its also really popular for survivours to be toxic so a lot of survivours have no honour code at all. Focusing more on getting highlights and making plays that boil down to some heavy exploitation of abilities and powers that werent meant to be as strong as they were adreanline on comms for instance can be timed for devasating results.
Imagine if i complained that survivours should go in itemless and perkless that's ridiclous. Often thats the kind of difficulty you face around a few swfs. Not all will be playing at a high level but it only takes one or two really awfull killers vs swf to throw you off playing killer.
People don’t like a challenge but like to consider themselves “good” .
they should either remove SWF from the game, or when the game detects SWF groups coming in, give the killer some kind of buff.