New skullmerchant is even worse?

Just came back to DBD and played a few times against the new skullmerchant. I feel like this one is even better at protecting a 3-gen? I feel like you pretty much have to give up at times as this is just silly?

Comments

  • new smerch is better at 3 genning to actually win old smerch was better at just holding those gens as long as possible

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3616166#Comment_3616166

    I don't think you understand how her drones work now. There are a bunch of ways to avoid detection including standing still. It's really hard to get a claw tap on a survivor who isn't a potato.

    Is she fun to play against? Not really. Is she awful to play against? Not really. Is she strong and oppressive? Not at all.

    Yea, thanks Jimmy. Thanks for teaching me that standing still and crouching mid chase is optimal. I truly did not know that… considering I’m a brand new player.

  • @Xendritch said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3615973#Comment_3615973

    No change will ever "fix" skull merchant because people are so used to hating her it doesn't matter what she does people will insta-quit.

    She isn't that bad now she's basically just a super charged clown. It's really funny because literally everyone was screaming at BHVR to make her do something in chase and attach hinder to claw traps. BHVR listened and basically did that and now the community has to cope with the fact it has no idea what it actually wants.

    I would not say that (Used to hating) because Legion was the most hated killer for a reason when they got released and now they are totally fine and potentially better than before. I think it's right that people dislike her, but there is still potential to fix her in a way that she is viable without being pathetic to play against.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3616235#Comment_3616235

    Yea, thanks Jimmy. Thanks for teaching me that standing still and crouching mid chase is optimal. I truly did not know that… considering I’m a brand new player.

    With how much you've been complaining about the drones and how strong you think they are, you sound like a new player.

    Just learn how to play against her. She's not strong at anything anymore except getting you to leave a loop and most of the killers in the game have that going for them.

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3616374#Comment_3616374

    With how much you've been complaining about the drones and how strong you think they are, you sound like a new player.

    Just learn how to play against her. She's not strong at anything anymore except getting you to leave a loop and most of the killers in the game have that going for them.

    I sound like a new player because I’m pointing out issues with this miserable killer’s kit? I’m approaching level 50 devotion. I am far from new.

    “She’s not strong at anything except getting you to leave a loop… most killers have that going for them”

    You’re telling me, that nearly all but a couple of the killers have powers that force you to hold W? You wanna stand by that?

  • It's weird because with new SM, the only time my team loses the 3 gen is because they all focus one gen.

    I can sit on one gen and ignore her drones. If she places them too close to each other, she can't throw down another one for stealth and if she picks one up, I take that as a cue to go hide before she shows up.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3616394#Comment_3616394

    I sound like a new player because I’m pointing out issues with this miserable killer’s kit? I’m approaching level 50 devotion. I am far from new.

    “She’s not strong at anything except getting you to leave a loop… most killers have that going for them”

    You’re telling me, that nearly all but a couple of the killers have powers that force you to hold W? You wanna stand by that?

    Your devotion level is meaningless. You don't know how Skull Merchant works or how to play against her if you think she's anywhere close to the most miserable killers to go against. Wait until you go against a good Pyramid Head, or a face camping Bubba, or a box camping Pig. Current Skull Merchant is middle of the pack when it comes to how much fun a killer is to play against. She has nothing in her kit can ruin a game for a survivor.

    I also never said nearly all. I said most.

  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3616414#Comment_3616414

    Your devotion level is meaningless. You don't know how Skull Merchant works or how to play against her if you think she's anywhere close to the most miserable killers to go against. Wait until you go against a good Pyramid Head, or a face camping Bubba, or a box camping Pig. Current Skull Merchant is middle of the pack when it comes to how much fun a killer is to play against. She has nothing in her kit can ruin a game for a survivor.

    I also never said nearly all. I said most.

    My devotion is meaningful in that I’m not even close to “new player”, and I have been on this game for awhile.

    Wait until I go against those killers? Lmao cmon dude… be real.

    “She has nothing in her kit that can ruin the game for survivors” - then why is she by far the most hated killer in the game?

    ”Most” and “nearly all” are synonymous. So please list me, what killers force you to hold W away from a loop, just as skull merchant does. This list should be atleast 25 killers long if we say 75% of the killer roster is “most”.


  • @Hunkulese said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3616414#Comment_3616414

    Your devotion level is meaningless. You don't know how Skull Merchant works or how to play against her if you think she's anywhere close to the most miserable killers to go against. Wait until you go against a good Pyramid Head, or a face camping Bubba, or a box camping Pig. Current Skull Merchant is middle of the pack when it comes to how much fun a killer is to play against. She has nothing in her kit can ruin a game for a survivor.

    I also never said nearly all. I said most.

    Mark those words and just wait HugTechLover, you little wanna be! On your road to devotion 100 or by playing a few more years in comp, you will run into this good Pyramid Head! He will make you regret your silly words about Skull Merchant and you will realise what true power is! Or god forbid running into a pig or even into a bubba. I heared rumores about hiding in the basement and do a thing called camping. I will never know, because i make myself a bush the whole game tho.

    No but seriously, this is just a little warm up troll for 2024, right? Please say yes.

1 2 ›