Nothing is more satisfying then knowing a killer won because they had to resort to lagging the game
Kept evading and doging a huntress so she lagged the game to screw me out of a vault to get me down lol
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Mad cause your connection tapped out.
I don't think that's what it is since I've had video of people doing it and 2 were so mad they couldn't win they did it to the point they disconnected themselves.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AlivePluckyGalagoMau5
https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueGoldenAdminRaccAttack
https://clips.twitch.tv/BadFlaccidMangetoutCharlieBitMe
Lag switchers don't exist btw.
If it's our internet connection how is my beautiful face still streaming?
4Head
Exactly.
People who are actually biased will defend killers to their death and say the lag is a survivors fault.
I have clips that show survivors speed hacking but you can see their names so wont be posting those, I've not had a speed hacking survivor in a while though, but as you can see those clips were within the last 30 days.
Dedicated servers can't come soon enough.
Yeah I've seen exactly 3 may'be speed hacking survivors and i reported them and haven't seen them since and have seen about the same or so speed hacking killers. But lag switchers I've seen lots of them on PC and sent videos into BHVR.
I've even gotten friends requests on Steam from time to time from those people who probably sent it to anyone they suspected to bash them.
I do not know what a lagswitch is but isn't the connection hosted by the killer meaning if they have bad connection everyone does? I might be wrong.
What they do is unplug and replug their ethernet cable in and out really fast or queue up a bunch of downloads. Say free Steam games or music and pause them and unpause them as they go and you can also you software or even a hardware switch.
People always assume a lag switcher when the game gets laggy. But there are far less lag switchers around than most people think.
Same difference. You're claiming it was intentional.
I'd think "lag".
I've had to step away from the game after my first kill. I've even had to DC (or more accurately, was forced to DC) because the power went out in my street after all generators were powered. Correlation does not imply causation.
Some killers have to resort to lag switching, maybe if survivors weren't so painfully overpowered then this entire issue wouldn't have come up at all. BUFF THE KILLERS.
Don't be so naïve. Cheating of any kind would only be significantly reduced, at best, if the game was balanced. Lagswitching will only go away with dedicated servers.
Just coming from me personally, a significant reduction in lagswitching would be better than no change at all for an entire year. just saying.
Oh, definitely. I'm just saying, don't think balancing the game will completely stop lagswitching.
If the killer has the "internet problem" then yes, all of the survivors will be having problems.
If only one survivor is having problems, then this survivor's internet is the one which is not working properly.
I can't wait for dedicated servers.
I agree with you on that. I think it's an absolute joke that the game has had this issue for so long and were only getting dedicated servers now. I believe the game will be almost completely dead by the time dedicated servers are implemented.
History lesson:
Thanks for that, had no idea in all honesty. But is there any point now? It will have been three years since its release. Just kind of seems like its not worth the money.
Unfortunately, some killers switch on the lag when they start to lose a game. I can understand why you are wary.
Do not let them bother you and remember: In a few months, we will get dedicated servers.
You'd think so, right? But the fact is, the game has only grown since release, and a lot more than anyone could have predicted. With console releases and everything, DbD is an unexpected success story - a niche game that sold ridiculously well.
Well I certainly hope that it stays alive, I find it addicting and as long as they can keep thinking of more perks, survivors and killers, it could keep going for a good while. Fingers crossed, anyways.
I've even seen people complain that a lag switcher messed up their skill checks. When those are client sided.
I don't know what to expect from dedicated servers. Since BHVR might not have the money to spread a ton of dedicated servers. So people might get even worse lag than they got now.
What I do know, is that people will always blame others for their failure. So if it's not a lag switcher, because the game is hosted on dedicated servers, they'll call out a DDOS attack as excuse. "Yeah that killer totally DDOSed me man!"