About built in perks

Before i start i want to say that this is how i would like the game to be, not the way it should be, mainly because i'm just a player of this game and i shouldn't expect things to be done my way, so i'll just deal with whatever devs decide.

I've read many suggestions like "make ruin/noed/bloodwarden/selfcare/ kindred/bond/etc part of the base kit
Personally, i don't want any killer/survivor perk to be part of the base kit. As a killer/survivor i'll simply run those perks if i really want them. But what i really want to talk about is the survivor's built in perks.
I understand why people want to reduce the gap between solos and swf, but i'm quite happy with the current solo experience.
I'm on my own, it's more challenging, i can be paired with potato survivors (meaning that i have no clue about how the match will go) and the best part is that forces me to change my build entirely, it really feels like a complete different mode. So i would really hate it if devs made it easier for solo players.

Comments

  • i don't want any killer/survivor perk to be part of the base kit.

    Well, this is where bias comes in. To perceive things as a perk, you must believe that they are not detrimental to the core intended gameplay.

    For example, we could easily interpret teammate healing as a perk. In no way is it obvious that you should be able to heal without a med-kit and just with your bare hands, while having an infinite healing surplus available.

    I doubt that you'd want this removed and it becoming a perk and that's the thing with your stance.

    If teammate healing would've never been integrated in the base-kit then you would've argued against it being integrated into the base-kit since it would've been a perk.

    If you want more challenging gameplay then surely you'd want this perk to be removed from the base-kit of survivors.
    Or perhaps the ability to see where a survivor is hooked and their aura while being hooked. This would require you to actually track the killer as otherwise you have no clue to where the survivor is hooked and thus requiring you time to find them (making the game harder yet again).

    The truth is, you'd want none of the above and you are really satisfied with all the build-in perks you've got. It's just a matter of semantics.

  • As far as I can tell most people do want the balance gap to be closed as much as possible, though. It's understandable if you don't, I myself like the feeling of being alone as survivor, not knowing where the other 3 sruvivors are. But I believe most people prefer better balancing, and it's something the devs need to adress.
    You simply can not balance a game properly if playing with voice comms grants you such big advantages over playing alone. It's not fair for solo survivors, and as far as I can tell people who have been complaining about killers being buffed to much are people who play solo survivor and don't enjoy the game.
    As long as this balance gap exists, either swf will be overpowered or solo will be underpowered. That's not how you should balance a game.

  • i don't want any killer/survivor perk to be part of the base kit.

    Well, this is where bias comes in. To perceive things as a perk, you must believe that they are not detrimental to the core intended gameplay.

    For example, we could easily interpret teammate healing as a perk. In no way is it obvious that you should be able to heal without a med-kit and just with your bare hands, while having an infinite healing surplus available.

    I doubt that you'd want this removed and it becoming a perk and that's the thing with your stance.

    If teammate healing would've never been integrated in the base-kit then you would've argued against it being integrated into the base-kit since it would've been a perk.

    If you want more challenging gameplay then surely you'd want this perk to be removed from the base-kit of survivors.
    Or perhaps the ability to see where a survivor is hooked and their aura while being hooked. This would require you to actually track the killer as otherwise you have no clue to where the survivor is hooked and thus requiring you time to find them (making the game harder yet again).

    The truth is, you'd want none of the above and you are really satisfied with all the build-in perks you've got. It's just a matter of semantics.

    Yeah, i meant the way game is designed right now. Same way killers can see gen's auras without a perk.
  • Personally, the only perks that I want to become built-in are the perks that were made as a bandaid fix to bad game design or bad mechanics, or ones that would make sense being baseline.
    Pop Goes The Weasel is one of those perks that I think should have been at least partially baseline. Kicking a generator should instantly regress it by a bit at base, but instead BHVR made it into a perk. They decided to make Killers have to sacrifice a perk slot to fix a bad design choice on the devs end.
    Hex: Ruin, well it’s not exactly mandatory but it does help... sometimes. I wouldn’t say it should be a baseline mechanic. In fact, I believe that if perks that should have been baseline were made baseline, Hex: Ruin wouldn’t actually be needed so much to slow the game down just a little bit. 
    Thanatophobia, as weak as it is, could work as a baseline mechanic to give Killers a bit of pressure. Some of the cast really need all the pressure they can get, even if it’s very little.

    There’s other perks in the game that I can’t remember at the moment, that I believe should be baseline. PGTW and Thanatophobia are just two of them.
  • @ad19970 said:
    As far as I can tell most people do want the balance gap to be closed as much as possible, though. It's understandable if you don't, I myself like the feeling of being alone as survivor, not knowing where the other 3 sruvivors are. But I believe most people prefer better balancing, and it's something the devs need to adress.
    You simply can not balance a game properly if playing with voice comms grants you such big advantages over playing alone. It's not fair for solo survivors, and as far as I can tell people who have been complaining about killers being buffed to much are people who play solo survivor and don't enjoy the game.
    As long as this balance gap exists, either swf will be overpowered or solo will be underpowered. That's not how you should balance a game.

    The community seems to be split on this issue; Link: All Seeing VS Blindness

    However I think most people who desire blindness (I inherently do as well) wouldn't have any real problems against the all seeing version of the game, or at least, less so than they pretend;

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzQikC8juk

  • Vietfox said:
    Before i start i want to say that this is how i would like the game to be, not the way it should be, mainly because i'm just a player of this game and i shouldn't expect things to be done my way, so i'll just deal with whatever devs decide.

    I've read many suggestions like "make ruin/noed/bloodwarden/selfcare/ kindred/bond/etc part of the base kit
    Personally, i don't want any killer/survivor perk to be part of the base kit. As a killer/survivor i'll simply run those perks if i really want them. But what i really want to talk about is the survivor's built in perks.
    I understand why people want to reduce the gap between solos and swf, but i'm quite happy with the current solo experience.
    I'm on my own, it's more challenging, i can be paired with potato survivors (meaning that i have no clue about how the match will go) and the best part is that forces me to change my build entirely, it really feels like a complete different mode. So i would really hate it if devs made it easier for solo players.
    I agree with this mostly. If i need to be buffed in order to make it to SWF levels kinda kills the feel for me.
    And tbh, when i play as the selfish survivor, i can survive pretty easily unless i get unlucky
  • The way I think to fix SC is you could change it so it has charges like you brought the herbs and such into the trial with you. Now if for instance you had 3 charges and you used those up you'd have to go forage for more things during the trial to refill your supplies.

    Since even if you heal others you're sort of using your supplies up in a sense less so if others are also helping you to heal. Now granted this is the Entities realm and if you couldn't heal you'd have no hope of escape and it couldn't feed.

    So you probably can heal others without using said supplies but for yourself you should have some needed supplies. You could keep the infinite uses now but make it so that it slows down the more you use it if you don't go harvest stuff.

    If it's your own perk you get more out of it and Botany Knowledge could help you farm plants faster and use less up. If you're using Plunderers for instance you might get more out of each harvest attempt or Ace's Luck etc.

  • @AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

    @ad19970 said:
    As far as I can tell most people do want the balance gap to be closed as much as possible, though. It's understandable if you don't, I myself like the feeling of being alone as survivor, not knowing where the other 3 sruvivors are. But I believe most people prefer better balancing, and it's something the devs need to adress.
    You simply can not balance a game properly if playing with voice comms grants you such big advantages over playing alone. It's not fair for solo survivors, and as far as I can tell people who have been complaining about killers being buffed to much are people who play solo survivor and don't enjoy the game.
    As long as this balance gap exists, either swf will be overpowered or solo will be underpowered. That's not how you should balance a game.

    The community seems to be split on this issue; Link: All Seeing VS Blindness

    However I think most people who desire blindness (I inherently do as well) wouldn't have any real problems against the all seeing version of the game, or at least, less so than they pretend;

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USzQikC8juk

    Hmm interesting. I can definitely understand the argument of these changes taking away more of the horror of the game. What a shame that there's no other way for the game to be balanced.

  • ad19970 said:

    @AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

    @ad19970 said:
    As far as I can tell most people do want the balance gap to be closed as much as possible, though. It's understandable if you don't, I myself like the feeling of being alone as survivor, not knowing where the other 3 sruvivors are. But I believe most people prefer better balancing, and it's something the devs need to adress.
    You simply can not balance a game properly if playing with voice comms grants you such big advantages over playing alone. It's not fair for solo survivors, and as far as I can tell people who have been complaining about killers being buffed to much are people who play solo survivor and don't enjoy the game.
    As long as this balance gap exists, either swf will be overpowered or solo will be underpowered. That's not how you should balance a game.

    The community seems to be split on this issue; Link: All Seeing VS Blindness

    However I think most people who desire blindness (I inherently do as well) wouldn't have any real problems against the all seeing version of the game, or at least, less so than they pretend;

    Hmm interesting. I can definitely understand the argument of these changes taking away more of the horror of the game. What a shame that there's no other way for the game to be balanced.

    For Solo v SWF or Survivor v Killer?
    A good survivor doesn't need a mic to share information, perks can help. when they know what to do. There doesnt need to be a buff, some people just want it.