Does the matchmaking almost look for counters for your killer?

If I play a killer with 4x slowdown, I get genrushers with no distortion.

I run an aura reading build, I get 2-3 distortion runners making my entire build useless.


Its pretty consistent. Coincidence or does the matchmaking do this?

Comments

  • Better question is: "What matchmaking?"

  • @Embrace_The_Fog said:

    No. Distortion is just very popular right now. From what I’ve seen as both killer and survivor. Solo queue players I keep seeing just hide all game with distortion then complain they died because gens didn’t pop. It’s really dumb. Just keep practicing, frankly with 2-3 aura perks you should burn through their distortion tokens.

    now if you get a sweaty comp team with distortion users idk what to tell you

    but no the game isn’t intentionally countering you

    I would frankly advise you to quit killer now. It’s just a nightmare migraine especially since the recent mmr adjustment. I’ve basically quit and only play survivor now. Less stressful and easier

    What do you mean by "recent adjustment"? What happened exactly? In what patch update was this detailed?

  • The human brain is much more likely to remember negative experiences than positive ones. It does that in an effort to learn from mistakes and do better at keeping you alive. Unfortunately that isn't a particularly useful thing when you're gaming.

    But that's all that's happening. You're just remembering the times you got countered better.

  • It's the same terrible luck whenever I run a heal build with a very awesome medkit...... that promptly gets puked all over on.

  • I heard that there is cheat program which let you look at opposition's loadouts. You might faced that kind of cheaters, but it might just be the coincidence.

  • @CorvusCorax86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3604609#Comment_3604609

    What do you mean by "recent adjustment"? What happened exactly? In what patch update was this detailed?

    Soft cap was raised in October. Mandy confirmed it in another thread towards the end of November. It took a few weeks to become noticeable and people to ask questions. Those in high MMR, like content creators, naturally haven't been happy as their games are now harder. People suspect it's now been reverted but no confirmation on that front.