I Don't Understand Killer Instinct

Is it a thing only certain killers get? I have only seen it when revealed as Ghostface but he is not one of my main killers.

Can Freddy and Michael get it? Like, do different actions trigger it for different killers?

I believe I have a challenge that involves Killer Instinct but I want to do my challenge with my mains, Freddy and Michael.

Comments

  • Killer Instint is effect (position revealing info of Survivors) that only happends with Killer powers. So only these Killers that have in their powers (unless add-ons says otherwise) will ever activate it. It also bypassese any Survivors aura blocking abilities, since it is not same.

    You will have to use Killers that have them in their base kit. Michael and Freddy don't have this ability as part of their power, so no, you can't use these Killers to do your archive.

  • It’s something only certain killers get as part of their power or through addons; there aren’t any perks that use it.

    Freddy and Myers have no way of getting it. The killers that use it are Spirit (addons), Legion, Ghostface, Pyramid Head, Twins, Nemesis, Pinhead, Artist, Onryo, Dredge, Wesker, Knight, Skull Merchant, Xeno.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Killer Instint is effect (position revealing info of Survivors) that only happends with Killer powers. So only these Killers that have in their powers (unless add-ons says otherwise) will ever activate it. It also bypassese any Survivors aura blocking abilities, since it is not same.

    You will have to use Killers that have them in their base kit. Michael and Freddy don't have this ability as part of their power, so no, you can't use these Killers to do your archive.

    Do survivors have any perks or ways to avoid it at all?

  • Not really, no. The trade-off is that it's not really precise as aura reading, or it doesn't last much. The killer with it the longest is Legion, I think, since it goes as long as his power does.

  • Killer Instinct is only something triggered by killer powers, not perks. Here are the killers who can trigger it:


    Spirit: When using the add ons Mothers Glasses or Dried Cherry Blossom

    Legion: After hitting a Survivor during Feral Frenzy, any Survivor not suffering from Deep Wounds is revealed to you

    Ghost Face: After being revealed, the person who did so is also revealed

    Demogorgon: When charging Shred, any Survivor near an active portal is revealed

    Pyramid Head: Survivors who step on one of his trails are revealed

    Twins: When controlling Charlotte, any Survivor near Victor is revealed. This also works for when he's on some ones back but does not reveal the carrier themselves

    Nemesis: When a Survivor uses a Vaccine, theyre revealed

    Pinhead: When a Survivor starts solving the Lament Configuration

    Artist: A near miss from launching a Dire Crow will reveal that Survivor

    Sadako: A Survivor who becomes fully Condemned gets revealed

    Dredge: While in Nightfall, Survivors who are near you when teleporting to a locker or when teleporting to the Remnant are revealed

    Wesker: Any time a Survivor cures themselves or by some one else using a First Aid Spray, theyre revealed.

    Knight: If a Guard hits a Survivor, that Survivor is revealed

    Skull Merchant: When a Survivor is wearing a Claw Trap and is scanned by a drone, they are revealed

    Xenomorph: When coming out of a Control Station, Survivors close to it are revealed.


    I think thats all of them, if some one see's that I missed one, please lmk :)

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    Is it a thing only certain killers get? I have only seen it when revealed as Ghostface but he is not one of my main killers.

    Can Freddy and Michael get it? Like, do different actions trigger it for different killers?

    I believe I have a challenge that involves Killer Instinct but I want to do my challenge with my mains, Freddy and Michael.

    You should read killer powers to know it.Atm just Rancor have killer instinct

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3595001#Comment_3595001

    Not really, no. The trade-off is that it's not really precise as aura reading, or it doesn't last much. The killer with it the longest is Legion, I think, since it goes as long as his power does.

    Killer instinct is fairly precise but otherwise correct there is no way for survivors to avoid it.

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/398254/i-dont-understand-killer-instinct

    You should read killer powers to know it.Atm just Rancor have killer instinct

    Rancor doesn't give off Killer Instinct, unless I missed a patch

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/398254/i-dont-understand-killer-instinct

    You should read killer powers to know it.Atm just Rancor have killer instinct

    @Shroompy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3595023#Comment_3595023

    Rancor doesn't give off Killer Instinct, unless I missed a patch

    Rancor does not, it reveals locations. So it works like a scream without the scream part.

  • Can hiding in a locker protect you from Killer Instinct?

  • @CountOfTheFog said:

    Can hiding in a locker protect you from Killer Instinct?

    No