Make bots smarter

I appreciate them existing but the main reason people DC is because they're getting tunneled. When I unhook the bots, they just self-heal right under the hook (if the previous survivor had a med-kit) and the killer gets an easy down on them. I remember playing custom games before and the bots were overtuned really badly but now they aren't even worth healing. They can't hold a chase at all and that's the last thing you want when they are being tunneled as it buys barely any time for gen work and a whole 'survivor' gets sacrificed before one can pop. The easy downs just incentivize killers to tunnel.


With the seemingly large increase of tunneling at five gens, can you look into them being maybe just slightly more aware?

Comments

  • Making Bots smarter isnt really going to fix much, I rarely see people DC in my matches, instead most Survivors just give up on hook since they do not receive a DC penalty for doing that.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    Making Bots smarter isnt really going to fix much, I rarely see people DC in my matches, instead most Survivors just give up on hook since they do not receive a DC penalty for doing that.

    I've seen a couple DCs in my recent games due to killer toxicity (anonymous killers obviously) and this change would've changed the tide of our entire game. If the bot lasted just 15 seconds longer, we would have had all gens done and at least one of us (out of one other survivor) could've escaped 100%.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/398018/make-bots-smarter

    People dont like the killer = DC

    People dont like the map = DC

    People getting downed as the first one = DC

    People failing in mindgames = DC

    We also had a guy sabotaging our team today, luring the killer to another player and then he DCed.

    At least they were kind enough to leave a bot I guess... 🤣

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I just wish they would make bots a little less selfish and not have them leg it once the gates are open.

    They acting as if they getting BP from escaping.