Most Killer abilities should be a luxury not something you can spam 24/7

In return these killers should also receive a 5th perk, something that's from a "limited pool" of minor perks chosen by the dev's and added to a monthly rotational pool of perks. This 5th perk would be deactivated when there are 2 survivors left.

Comments

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3592101#Comment_3592101

    ok, im glad you see the potential design problem.

    I think it would be better if the game had much less movement speed effecting perks etc. Because even if we gave powers longer cooldowns based on the killer's speed, if it got to the point one day where there were so many perks etc which were giving move speed buffs then the game would be chaos. You would not know how long you could run a loop or (assuming your suggestion came into play) how long the killer's power cooldown was going to be. And this scenario if we got to that point would suck for both new and experienced players. So I do hope that the devs start to create less haste effects.

    Also I agree I love going against Bubba who goes for chases, he is far from OP though I have no idea what those people are talking about. If anything he needs his chilis to get nerfed and be added to his base kit because a bubba without those is rough.

    From your last point, I think the reason why this game doesn't feel scary after you play it for a while is because everything is so expected now and threat is based off of radius mainly. Tinkerer for example, if you don't see the killer it can be one hell of a jump scare. This game definitely needs more random interactions to help mix things up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3592309#Comment_3592309

    Yeah the exchange between @MoNosEmpire and me was deleted in this thread. There was a bit of a disagreement (if you can even call it that) between us but nothing heated. I’ve seen far worse left up.

    Oh, well. Won’t derail the topic at hand dwelling on it.

    bruh....

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3592778#Comment_3592778

    From your last point, I think the reason why this game doesn't feel scary after you play it for a while is because everything is so expected now and threat is based off of radius mainly. Tinkerer for example, if you don't see the killer it can be one hell of a jump scare. This game definitely needs more random interactions to help mix things up.

    That is true. I think part of that problem is the horror goes away when you have thousands of hours and not much can really bring that back lol.

  • Love that people want to make things worse for a role they obviously don't play. It's like some survivor mains want all killers to leave the game.

  • @Chaogod said:

    Love that people want to make things worse for a role they obviously don't play. It's like some survivor mains want all killers to leave the game.

    Bold of you to assume I've never touched killer a day in my life being devo 9.

  • If I've gleaned anything about BHVR's design philosophy regarding Killers it's that, more often than not, they want Killer players to be able to use their character's power as much as possible.

    I first really noticed this when Ghost Face was last reworked, as it gave more benefits to Marking Survivors, such as rendering them unable to reveal GF.

    The Onryô's rework was centered around making her Condemned an actual threat.

    While it ultimately didn't make it to live Pyramid Head's ranged attack being made able to inflict Torment meant its benefits could be utilized more easily.

    Similarly, the initial idea for Trickster's rework was to give him more ability to use his knives and try to make Main Event something you want to use be giving it to you more often.

    At the same time, they're wary of a power being used not as intended. This is what prompted things like Hillbilly's heat mechanic or Pryamid Head not seeing where Caged survivors are, or Pinhead's box respawning if he camps it.

    So powers are there to be used. They said, using them recklessly will still see the Killer player punished for it through cooldowns, stuns, or needing to reload.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3595316#Comment_3595316

    Bold of you to assume I've never touched killer a day in my life being devo 9.

    You mean the thing that you can achieve by not touching killer? That's your player level silly.


    Now I wonder if you even PLAY the game.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    If I've gleaned anything about BHVR's design philosophy regarding Killers it's that, more often than not, they want Killer players to be able to use their character's power as much as possible.

    I first really noticed this when Ghost Face was last reworked, as it gave more benefits to Marking Survivors, such as rendering them unable to reveal GF.

    The Onryô's rework was centered around making her Condemned an actual threat.

    While it ultimately didn't make it to live Pyramid Head's ranged attack being made able to inflict Torment meant its benefits could be utilized more easily.

    Similarly, the initial idea for Trickster's rework was to give him more ability to use his knives and try to make Main Event something you want to use be giving it to you more often.

    At the same time, they're wary of a power being used not as intended. This is what prompted things like Hillbilly's heat mechanic or Pryamid Head not seeing where Caged survivors are, or Pinhead's box respawning if he camps it.

    So powers are there to be used. They said, using them recklessly will still see the Killer player punished for it through cooldowns, stuns, or needing to reload.

    And I'm saying the stuns just aren't enough.

  • @Chaogod said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3595396#Comment_3595396

    You mean the thing that you can achieve by not touching killer? That's your player level silly.

    Now I wonder if you even PLAY the game.

    Me mentioning devotion level was to help you understand that I have many hours on this game. That would have also implied I have spent many hours on both sides since I have played this game for so long, clearly you couldn't understand that so I have to now make a spoonfed reply for you.

  • The changes wouldn't be for all killers, it would be a case by case basis to help keep things different.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596164#Comment_3596164

    Then your description of this is lacking, it just says "Killers"

    I'm not listing every killer that needs a change lol

  • Maybe you SHOULD think about which killers would need this change in your opinion and how this would impact their gameplay.

    Which killers really "spam"? How do you define "spamming" (SM or Trickster level or a Myers who just taps the button to 99 stalk)? Which buffs are required to compensate? Etc.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3592300#Comment_3592300

    They are doing their job, as they should - when people dont follow the forum rules.

    Mate.. You didn't see what was edited and deleted and it wasn't just me it was 3 different people. Don't tell me what they are and aren't doing when a simple sentence like this has half the words deleted or removed entirely. Someone else even posted that they've been doing it almost every single day for months to him. There's being a mod and then there's clear power abuse of editing every single post, changing every single word and removing posts in their entirety. There's even reddit posts about this from 3 years ago and being updated with new posts even till this day. It sounds more like you're just gaslighting than anything with this post so after this one I'm going to completely ignore you. Oh and no one is begging you to read this post, its called a feedback forum for a reason, my feedback isn't even for you specifically it's for the dev's, you're jus there reading it and replying your two cents, and if you read the numerous posts above you'd have seen I already addressed this point, which you obviously didn't which shows evidence of further gaslighting.

    @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596351#Comment_3596351

    Maybe you SHOULD think about which killers would need this change in your opinion and how this would impact their gameplay.

    Which killers really "spam"? How do you define "spamming" (SM or Trickster level or a Myers who just taps the button to 99 stalk)? Which buffs are required to compensate? Etc.

    It's not our job as players to give them exact details for what to change unless it's just one tiny change, my post here is to a wide variety of things so me pointing out exactly what needs changing for every character will do nothing but give injustice because no matter what someone won't agree even if it makes sense because it makes the killer harder to use in general and increases the skill gap. At the same time the community assess a killers strength based off comparing it to the current strongest in the game (ie the nurse), that's not how you assess a killers power at all because when comparing you'll always find similarities and differences but some killers have completely different playstyles and are super oppressive (like legion, but this killer is classed as weak) and others are passive but can still feel super oppressive (like pigs traps when she follows you around when you try to take the trap off).

    My post was merely to get the conversation going with the dev team if it was something they'd be willing to do (but they wont because of clear killer negativity, there are still valid points on both sides and the game does somewhat still feel balanced in a funny way even with some killers feeling stupid strong and minus the busted perks), I would sit here and list all the killers and the specific changes that need to be done but I ain't getting paid for it so why would I 😂

    And see for killers like ghostface, spamming his stalk isn't really something of an issue ATM because you can tell his entire design was around his stealth and stalking (obvious ik but some people prefer to be spoonfed details so I have to explain it specifically), It really is a case by case basis.

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596845#Comment_3596845

    Mate.. You didn't see what was edited and deleted and it wasn't just me it was 3 different people. Don't tell me what they are and aren't doing when a simple sentence like this has half the words deleted or removed entirely. Someone else even posted that they've been doing it almost every single day for months to him. There's being a mod and then there's clear power abuse of editing every single post, changing every single word and removing posts in their entirety. There's even reddit posts about this from 3 years ago and being updated with new posts even till this day. It sounds more like you're just gaslighting than anything with this post so after this one I'm going to completely ignore you. Oh and no one is begging you to read this post, its called a feedback forum for a reason, my feedback isn't even for you specifically it's for the dev's, you're jus there reading it and replying your two cents, and if you read the numerous posts above you'd have seen I already addressed this point, which you obviously didn't which shows evidence of further gaslighting.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3596693#Comment_3596693

    It's not our job as players to give them exact details for what to change unless it's just one tiny change, my post here is to a wide variety of things so me pointing out exactly what needs changing for every character will do nothing but give injustice because no matter what someone won't agree even if it makes sense because it makes the killer harder to use in general and increases the skill gap. At the same time the community assess a killers strength based off comparing it to the current strongest in the game (ie the nurse), that's not how you assess a killers power at all because when comparing you'll always find similarities and differences but some killers have completely different playstyles and are super oppressive (like legion, but this killer is classed as weak) and others are passive but can still feel super oppressive (like pigs traps when she follows you around when you try to take the trap off).

    My post was merely to get the conversation going with the dev team if it was something they'd be willing to do (but they wont because of clear killer negativity, there are still valid points on both sides and the game does somewhat still feel balanced in a funny way even with some killers feeling stupid strong and minus the busted perks), I would sit here and list all the killers and the specific changes that need to be done but I ain't getting paid for it so why would I 😂

    And see for killers like ghostface, spamming his stalk isn't really something of an issue ATM because you can tell his entire design was around his stealth and stalking (obvious ik but some people prefer to be spoonfed details so I have to explain it specifically), It really is a case by case basis.

    My point of you thinking about your idea was, that if you think about how the changes affect everything, you might come to the conclusion that it isn't a good idea after all or that it is only usable in certain aspects.

    This is why I f.e. did not post an idea about a new killer I had, because his power was basically old SM 2.0.

    I have thought about your idea a but and you run in so many problems starting with the questions I gave you.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3597148#Comment_3597148

    My point of you thinking about your idea was, that if you think about how the changes affect everything, you might come to the conclusion that it isn't a good idea after all or that it is only usable in certain aspects.

    This is why I f.e. did not post an idea about a new killer I had, because his power was basically old SM 2.0.

    I have thought about your idea a but and you run in so many problems starting with the questions I gave you.

    I think it comes down to knowing that if you change one thing then you'll have to change a lot more things after that to help the community feel like it feels more balanced. That's why they had such a hard time balancing tunnelling and still have somewhat of an issue with hook camping. Honestly? If a killer wants to tunnel you you're almost guaranteed to be dead during that trial unless you're just better than the killer, I've had my fair share at surviving but I've also had my fair share of getting bodied lol. But the whole point of this particular hook/tunnelling analogy is that they still to this day are slightly tweaking things.

    I feel like sometimes the killers are too oppressive but other times they feel lacklustre and weak. So it's definitely down to user error when it comes to their sheer power. My suggestion for reducing the ability spam would be good and bad at the same time, even if the dev's want to increase the cooldown by even a few seconds I'd be happy with that because it would help more mind games to come into play in general because you're without your power a lot more throughout the game.

    But then there's the issue of maps, parts of the maps are heavily survivor sided and parts of the map are heavily killer sided, they'd have to potentially add some map changes along with that too if they added an increased cooldown.

    So trust me I've thought of everything in general and this could still work, but the question is, do the dev's want to?

1 2 ›