Exit Gate 99% Debate
Seeing there is some chat amonst the community as to "Exit Gates 99%" seems to be an unfair advantge toward the survivors. My suggestion to this issue would be to treat the Exit Gates as if you would a Totem. If a surviror breaks contact with the gate it could restart.
Just a suggestion from a loyal fan!
best Wishes,
Josh
Comments
Yes please, or at least have them regress to 75 or 50 percent
This will NEVER be done by the devs, for several reasons:
The single feature that may be implemented would be a slow decay after some time, that's it!
I think any survivor who opens an exit gate to 99% should get a permanent exposed status and their aura revealed to the killer. I can't tell you how many times I have ran up to a 99% door and no one was there to open it and I get downed having to open it myself. If they did, people would either open them all the way or not touch them at all.
A full reset on letting go would be too harsh. I'd prefer a slow regression.
I personally maintain there are almost no reasons to 99% a gate unless you fear Blood Warden. The number of times I see the extra half a second to open a 99 gate cost survivors instead of help them just hurts me...
It's 4 minutes if a survivor is hooked or downed... if you can't get them out in that time... you ain't getting them out.
As such I find it hard to call a 99 gate an advantage for survivors ๐
I think devs already said they tried adding this to the game but they didn't like it for whatever reason.
Personally i am not really bothered by it as long as the killer has the ability to open it themselves.
The door opening animation is also underestimated and it has gotten me kills and gotten me killed before. Although i've noticed on the last two maps the doors open very fast which is strange.
Pretty much this - And I can just add that I got killed by an 99% Exit Gate, because people went for an unhook but ended up having not enough time to open that said gate or the Unhooked Person had to open it themselfs losing the endurance effect. Imo people are being dramatic about 99% Exit Gates.
Regressing would force survivors open the gate as a soon as they can, meaning they would want to end the game as soon as possible. This would make bloodwarden more viable but it would also make making end game saves more difficult.
If bHVR should make exit gates regress when left unopen, I say they should make sure there is enough time to make meaningful saves as part of the endgame. Maybe the endgame needs to be 1min longer?
I think it would make blood warden too strong, maybe bloodwarden should change to blocks the exit gates when a person is hooked the first time during endgame collapse.
The only difference between a 99d gate and an open one, realistically, is a 4 minute timer and the ability to apply Blood Warden. Resetting gate on let go would make Remember Me Trapper genuinely unbeatable outside of a SWF and often not even then - 44 second trapped gate that gives a noise notification when the trap is disarmed and is reset when the trapper comes to reset the trap?
And in a world with gate regression solos would do what they do now - just open and leave, and SWFs have a myriad of options - have someone wait by the gate to top it back up, flat out open and check for blood warden with a Distortion user, but these are things that already happen also.
I'd be interested to know how many of your endgames last longer than say, five minutes, if we allow for a survivor to run to and 99 a gate, and how many of those very long endgames make any meaningful positive change for the killer compared to if the survivors had just left.