Can we get an official response regarding Blight's Hug Tech thing?

This thing is just obnoxious to go against, it straight up allows him to ignore the way you counter him and its almost impossible to react in time to dodge it due to how fast he moves.

Doesnt help that he has some of the most stupidly OP addons in the game, but at least those are getting patched as far as im aware.

Comments


  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570894#Comment_3570894

    A plaintext report is still a report that has to be reviewed which is a waste of time. Per singular instance it is negligible, but it adds up over time in conjunction with all the other instances of junk reports.

    Hug tech isn't regarded as bannable else the devs would have made a statement letting us know expressly that it was. They've done it in the past for other actually serious exploits so people can't say they weren't warned. Hug tech has been in the game since they've had Blight and rather than killswitch, issue ban warnings, revert to ptb state or launch a fix they've left him as is. For years. At this point it either isn't considered high priority which means it isn't going to result in anyone getting banned or it can't be fixed without a huge amount of work and doesn't have a outsized negative effect on the game so they're not going to fix it unless absolutely necessary.

    So yeah, it's kinda unnecessary to make reports for this particular thing. Almost the entire game is players "Exploiting bugs to obtain a competitive advantage" because that sort of statement is very vague and could be used to describe most actions a player can take that isn't an expressly stated mechanic. You gonna report survivors for running through fat shame spots, killers being able to moonwalk survivors down, Wesker sliding, killers avoiding blinds by looking up, down, or into walls? If we're strictly talking about bugs used for competitive advantage these things technically classify.

    You're not reporting these though because that would be a silly waste of time and that same logic applies here.

    That is because most of the things you listed aren't acknowledged as bugs by the devs, or bugs at all. Some of them might even be a feature of a new patch, as they make weird decisions all the time. For example how is looking away from a light a bug? I report blatant bug abuse that negatively impacts the game. I don't care to spend the time reporting meme bugs, nor would I believe them to strictly be reportable, as there is no advantage to be gained. I don't know why you are acting like there isn't hard confirmation 'hug tech' is a bug exploit. They have repeatedly confirmed it is a bug, and separately they have said if you think someone is breaking the rules then you should report them. Put together, hug tech (and staggerless drop vaults) should be reported as Exploits.

    As far as a bannable statement, they have done so with particularly egregious issues before, like the Flashlight locker bug. That doesn't mean all other bugs exploits are ok because they didn't 'name and shame' them. They have the general case rules for that exact purpose. If someone comes up with a new racial slur, they don't need to call it out in particular, because the Harassment policy already accounts for that. It is only when that slur causes particularly deadly harm that they will announce it loudly. They have already said hug tech is a bug exploit. They have already said bug exploiting for advantages are bannable. They expect each of us to be capable of the simple arithmetic to add 1 and 1 together.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570923#Comment_3570923

    That is because most of the things you listed aren't acknowledged as bugs by the devs, or bugs at all. Some of them might even be a feature of a new patch, as they make weird decisions all the time. For example how is looking away from a light a bug? I report blatant bug abuse that negatively impacts the game. I don't care to spend the time reporting meme bugs, nor would I believe them to strictly be reportable, as there is no advantage to be gained. I don't know why you are acting like there isn't hard confirmation 'hug tech' is a bug exploit. They have repeatedly confirmed it is a bug, and separately they have said if you think someone is breaking the rules then you should report them. Put together, hug tech (and staggerless drop vaults) should be reported as Exploits.

    As far as a bannable statement, they have done so with particularly egregious issues before, like the Flashlight locker bug. That doesn't mean all other bugs exploits are ok because they didn't 'name and shame' them. They have the general case rules for that exact purpose. If someone comes up with a new racial slur, they don't need to call it out in particular, because the Harassment policy already accounts for that. It is only when that slur causes particularly deadly harm that they will announce it loudly. They have already said hug tech is a bug exploit. They have already said bug exploiting for advantages are bannable. They expect each of us to be capable of the simple arithmetic to add 1 and 1 together.

    Dude you can say this all you want, but the proof is in the pudding. It’s NOT a bannable thing. For crying out loud, look at my name! Why haven’t I been banned for having an “exploit” for a user name? Why haven’t the many fog whisperers and popular streamers been banned for using the hug tech?

  • Hug techs are so fun because it adds a level of complexitiy to the game which otherwise doesnt have. Or at least used to. Flashlights used to be used more than just saves such as 360s and light burn. Demo could shread off buildings. Sky Billy Existed. Dead Hard was waaay versitile than now.

    Alot of stuff in DBD is being nerfed turning the game more stale. Black and white. We need more skill expression and as a surv main hug techs is one thing I would like to keep.

    When you learn how to deal with it, it becomes fun because its like outplaying an outplay. It turns "running in a circle till the killer gets near" to something more interesting.

    We should encourage more complex mehanics, even if unintentional, in order to bring more complexitiy to otherwise a simple game, to both sides.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570336#Comment_3570336

    If "High skill" killers are a problem, does that mean high skill survivors are a problem too? Because for every 1k win streak blight you see, there are just as many SWF teams going on those same win streaks.

    Do I seriously need to hold your hand and explain to you the difference between a Killer learning to counterplay Survivor(s) and Survivors learning to counterplay each and every Killer?

    And once I've walked you through those differences, do I seriously need to hold your hand and explain to you how the Survivor's job becomes exponentially harder with each Killer release, while the Killer's job remains exactly the same?


    @Archol123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570336#Comment_3570336

    That sounds like a matchmaking issue though... Such one trick killer players should have a rather high mmr and therefore not be matched with the average player... Also high skill characters are good to keep players on board, the game would be really boring if there was nothing to learn.

    ...should have a rather high mmr and theefore not be matched with the average player

    The problem is...MMR in DBD does not exist to frequently match players of equal skill. Maybe things have changed since I last played (Feb/Mar), but MMR was designed to make sure everyone won roughly half of their games. BHVR decided that the quality of each match was less important to their bottom line than the outcome of each match, and in turn created a system that cared more about predicting outcomes than creating close matches.


    As an unnecessary aside...

    DBD's MMR system is like a rich, out-of-touch parent who thinks they can make their kids happy by throwing money at them, when the kids need love and attention. It might solve one or two problems in the short-term, but it is damaging in the long run.

  • @Star99er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570412#Comment_3570412

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BNO9QR9DOASG/img-6680.jpeg

    I mean again, probably shouldn’t make such claims lol. A community manager wouldn’t say something if it wasn’t the case 🤷‍♂️

    Did you really read my entire post and then say that? Lmao.

    I quite literally said you can take mandy or devs that are currently in the company who have not spoken on it or what I said about McClean the creator of the killer. Maybe read next time.

    Also a community manager shouldn't make a claim if it's not going to happen for a year and a half+ now.

    It's pretty much solidified as base kit even by dbds timeline standards.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570432#Comment_3570432

    This is just the kind of mental gymnastics that some people do here on the forums.

    You can present evidence of a dev literally saying 'you're wrong', with receipts, and they will fight tooth and nail to say otherwise.

    If you are referring to me by chance then know I was only stating facts almost no one else would know and that only mandy has said anything about it. It's been a year and 7 months since the initial statement, I also said mandy was technically more valid from the standpoint of the company.

    I already knew about what mandy said and added more to the thread.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They don’t respond to Blight complaints I think they think it’s their best creation. It’s not by the way it’s actually the one killer that turns new players away from this game.

    How does Blight turn new people away from the game? Baby mmr blights are so easy to dodge and can’t hug tech. Speaking from experience btw, I started in August and when on survivor I’d prefer to face high mobility killers because people were just flat out worse at them compared to boring m1 killers with less skill expression.

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570340#Comment_3570340

    Do I seriously need to hold your hand and explain to you the difference between a Killer learning to counterplay Survivor(s) and Survivors learning to counterplay each and every Killer?

    And once I've walked you through those differences, do I seriously need to hold your hand and explain to you how the Survivor's job becomes exponentially harder with each Killer release, while the Killer's job remains exactly the same?

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570496#Comment_3570496

    ...should have a rather high mmr and theefore not be matched with the average player

    The problem is...MMR in DBD does not exist to frequently match players of equal skill. Maybe things have changed since I last played (Feb/Mar), but MMR was designed to make sure everyone won roughly half of their games. BHVR decided that the quality of each match was less important to their bottom line than the outcome of each match, and in turn created a system that cared more about predicting outcomes than creating close matches.

    As an unnecessary aside...

    DBD's MMR system is like a rich, out-of-touch parent who thinks they can make their kids happy by throwing money at them, when the kids need love and attention. It might solve one or two problems in the short-term, but it is damaging in the long run.

    Which makes it an mmr issue right...

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    I cant believe this has devolved into whether Mandy is credible or not lol. ofc she is. Some forum nerd isn't in any position to tell anyone at BHVR, regardless of their role, what is and isn't.

    Hug tech is here. Its likely here to stay. Get onboard or try TCM.

    TCM is fun :) Once I finish the rift I will go back to TCM. Once that game gets more maps it'll be awesome.

    The rush when playing is fun, and stealth is very useful in that game. Lots of fun hehe.

  • @Zokenay said:

    This thing is just obnoxious to go against, it straight up allows him to ignore the way you counter him and its almost impossible to react in time to dodge it due to how fast he moves.

    Doesnt help that he has some of the most stupidly OP addons in the game, but at least those are getting patched as far as im aware.

    Bigger problems at hand then fixing 1 killer teeny meeny problem

  • We're here trying to discuss what is a bug and what's not when we still have PR and Jolt applying to blocked gens + gens regressing while blocked when they shouldn't (something that has been fixed multiple times in the past just to reappear so not only it was acknowledged as a bug but tentatively resolved too) just for some bhvr employ to jump in and be like "nah its actually intended" ☝️🤓

    Just say you're unable to fix these issues at this point

  • @HugTechLover said:

    Stop trying to “react” to it. It’s very easy to identify when they are setting up for it. Leave the loop.

    I’m willing to bet the hug tech isn’t going anywhere, and can be considered basekit at this point.

    You cant just leave the loop since he is on you in 5 seconds. I thought the main counter is to try and look at which way he is hug teching then you yourself move accordingly?

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570946#Comment_3570946

    Dude you can say this all you want, but the proof is in the pudding. It’s NOT a bannable thing. For crying out loud, look at my name! Why haven’t I been banned for having an “exploit” for a user name? Why haven’t the many fog whisperers and popular streamers been banned for using the hug tech?

    What I'm saying is this is like speed limits for driving. In my area, people tend to go 5 above the posted limits on normal roads, and 10-20 above the posted limits on free/highways. Just because 99.9% of people aren't getting tickets for going above the limit, doesn't mean it isn't still illegal to do so. Both are an example of the law/rule not necessarily suiting the public they are meant to serve. I believe public outcry is the only way to fix broken laws/rules, so report any and everyone for these minor infractions until either the infraction is fixed (speed limits are increased to the engineer values instead of being artificially lowered by local magistrates for revenue purposes, or bug exploits are 'greenlit' as a requirement on the company to produce a better product) or the law/rule is broadly enforced (everyone understands and works under the given rules).

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570968#Comment_3570968

    What I'm saying is this is like speed limits for driving. In my area, people tend to go 5 above the posted limits on normal roads, and 10-20 above the posted limits on free/highways. Just because 99.9% of people aren't getting tickets for going above the limit, doesn't mean it isn't still illegal to do so. Both are an example of the law/rule not necessarily suiting the public they are meant to serve. I believe public outcry is the only way to fix broken laws/rules, so report any and everyone for these minor infractions until either the infraction is fixed (speed limits are increased to the engineer values instead of being artificially lowered by local magistrates for revenue purposes, or bug exploits are 'greenlit' as a requirement on the company to produce a better product) or the law/rule is broadly enforced (everyone understands and works under the given rules).

    Refer to my last comment… Not sure what your point is here. The devs obviously know the hug tech is there, and is used all the time. It’s kind of obvious what I’m getting at, and that your comparison doesn’t make sense.

    @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570267#Comment_3570267

    You cant just leave the loop since he is on you in 5 seconds. I thought the main counter is to try and look at which way he is hug teching then you yourself move accordingly?

    No, for longer tiles (not filler pallets), leave as soon as they start setting up for it. Try to put another tile or obstacle in between you.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571205#Comment_3571205

    Refer to my last comment… Not sure what your point is here. The devs obviously know the hug tech is there, and is used all the time. It’s kind of obvious what I’m getting at, and that your comparison doesn’t make sense.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571193#Comment_3571193

    No, for longer tiles (not filler pallets), leave as soon as they start setting up for it. Try to put another tile or obstacle in between you.

    I guess if you have a connected tile, then sure you can do that and it is the correct play. I was thinking of having no connected tile, and the blight will just hug tech like they were anyway and follow you and hit you. But I see the point, if there is a connected loop then you can attempt this.

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571214#Comment_3571214

    I guess if you have a connected tile, then sure you can do that and it is the correct play. I was thinking of having no connected tile, and the blight will just hug tech like they were anyway and follow you and hit you. But I see the point, if there is a connected loop then you can attempt this.

    Majority of maps will have surrounding obstacles or connected tiles that you can immediately run to. A lot of the time, the blight won’t even know that you had left and will hugtech into nothing (given the height of a tile)

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570283#Comment_3570283

    I don't believe mandy is a dev, but is a community manager. Based on that, i would guess one of the following:

    • Mandy was mistaken and after talking with the devs they said that it wasn't actually a bug.
    • They decided that it would be impossible to fix without breaking blight. Which is probably true.
    • They realized it would be too hard to fix
    • They decided they like the interaction and want to keep it.

    The bigger question i would have is. How exactly would you fix it? It did not exist on PTB blight, and PTB blight was awful to play. Not in like a "he is a bad killer buff him" but in a "this killer is actively not fun to play as" kind of way. He would constantly get stuck on things right next to him that he wasn't trying to bounce off of to the point that you could forget using his power in any meaningful way.

    If they were to take the brief wall invulnerability away, then he would get stuck on things again. So in order to "fix" it, they basically have to make the killer one of the must unfun killers to play as. And that probably isn't something they want to do, since in general the devs are shooting for things being fun and healthy.

    You're trying so hard to convince people that hug "tech" is not an exploit 😂

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570327#Comment_3570327

    You're trying so hard to convince people that hug "tech" is not an exploit 😂

    Its not intended, but that doesn't make it an exploit. Did you not play blight on PTB? On PTB he did not have the invulnerability he gets from walls he is right next to and it was awful, because he would constantly get stuck on little tiny bits on the environment when he was trying to do something else.


    So again i ask, how would you suggest they fix this in a way that doesn't cause that to happen again?


    Also, by your logic looping is an exploit, because it was never intended. An exploit would be something like, there's a bug where you can glitch into a locker by using a flashlight. That is not intended in any way. This is using something that is 100% intended (I.E. the wall collision) in a way that is not intended. Which is entirely different.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570819#Comment_3570819

    If you play killer, and a survivor tries to 360 multiple times, would you report them? The forced short M1 attack bug is a real thing, and 360s absolutely take advantage of it.

    Also, I hope you realize that neither one of these bugs are reportable. Things that are reportable are either announced by BHVR, or we aren't allowed to discuss them on these forums because they are forbidden. For example, Blight used to have multiple bugs that were reportable.... but we weren't allowed to mention them at all on these forums, so you might not be aware they existed.

    Well since the ban report requires 'competitive advantage', no. There is no competitive advantage to be gained in 360'ing as you increase your chances of failure to a far greater degree than the chances of success. So hypothetically it avoids a hit in 1/100 instances only to get hit 5s later, and loses ~1 full second of time (whether distance from hook or healthy hold-W speedboost) 99/100 times. (Postive Killer Negative Survivor) + 1*99 - 5*1 /100 = results in .94 positive. So this, arguably, could still be ban worthy, simply as 'Working With Killer' instead; but I wouldn't make that argument as everyone who makes mistakes could be caught under that umbrella.

    @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571205#Comment_3571205

    Refer to my last comment… Not sure what your point is here. The devs obviously know the hug tech is there, and is used all the time. It’s kind of obvious what I’m getting at, and that your comparison doesn’t make sense.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571193#Comment_3571193

    No, for longer tiles (not filler pallets), leave as soon as they start setting up for it. Try to put another tile or obstacle in between you.

    If a (temp) ban reason list is inaccurate, they should update the (temp) ban list reasons to be accurate. (To oversimplify into a single sentence. What about what I said in the prior paragraph didn't make that clear, so I can be clearer in the future? I usually type a lot to prevent that lack of clarity, but that evidently didn't work here.)

    To readdress the point you were making in a different light, say the evidentiary requirements for conviction/'a ban' are to go 35 in a 30, that doesn't mean 30.01->34.99 also aren't illegal. Similarly this could be within the 32.5 range of illegal but not convictable/bannable, as you say you like it, but do not expressly advocate it outside of private matches. 'DC_Enjoyer' could similarly be expressing a schadenfreude level of pleasure taken from other's displeasure/misfortune, without advocating for people to actually DC.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571336#Comment_3571336

    Its not intended, but that doesn't make it an exploit. Did you not play blight on PTB? On PTB he did not have the invulnerability he gets from walls he is right next to and it was awful, because he would constantly get stuck on little tiny bits on the environment when he was trying to do something else.

    So again i ask, how would you suggest they fix this in a way that doesn't cause that to happen again?

    Also, by your logic looping is an exploit, because it was never intended. An exploit would be something like, there's a bug where you can glitch into a locker by using a flashlight. That is not intended in any way. This is using something that is 100% intended (I.E. the wall collision) in a way that is not intended. Which is entirely different.

    BHVR could just keep the secondary collision mechanic, but when Blight presses M2, the game checks if Blight is too close to an object he is facing, and if he is, then the M2 request is ignored.


    @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3570941#Comment_3570941

    Well since the ban report requires 'competitive advantage', no. There is no competitive advantage to be gained in 360'ing as you increase your chances of failure to a far greater degree than the chances of success. So hypothetically it avoids a hit in 1/100 instances only to get hit 5s later, and loses ~1 full second of time (whether distance from hook or healthy hold-W speedboost) 99/100 times. (Postive Killer Negative Survivor) + 1*99 - 5*1 /100 = results in .94 positive. So this, arguably, could still be ban worthy, simply as 'Working With Killer' instead; but I wouldn't make that argument as everyone who makes mistakes could be caught under that umbrella.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571214#Comment_3571214

    If a (temp) ban reason list is inaccurate, they should update the (temp) ban list reasons to be accurate. (To oversimplify into a single sentence. What about what I said in the prior paragraph didn't make that clear, so I can be clearer in the future? I usually type a lot to prevent that lack of clarity, but that evidently didn't work here.)

    To readdress the point you were making in a different light, say the evidentiary requirements for conviction/'a ban' are to go 35 in a 30, that doesn't mean 30.01->34.99 also aren't illegal. Similarly this could be within the 32.5 range of illegal but not convictable/bannable, as you say you like it, but do not expressly advocate it outside of private matches. 'DC_Enjoyer' could similarly be expressing a schadenfreude level of pleasure taken from other's displeasure/misfortune, without advocating for people to actually DC.

    So you have a double standard, where bugs that favor killer should be reported, but bugs that favor survivors should not be reported. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571338#Comment_3571338

    BHVR could just keep the secondary collision mechanic, but when Blight presses M2, the game checks if Blight is too close to an object he is facing, and if he is, then the M2 request is ignored.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571374#Comment_3571374

    So you have a double standard, where bugs that favor killer should be reported, but bugs that favor survivors should not be reported. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

    I'm sorry, where did I say I was fine with Drop Stagger Vaults? I've been consistently equating bug-tech and drop stagger as equal evils in the reportable camp, so don't lie. You also clearly didn't read what I wrote, because I said we shouldn't ban people for doing the thing that favors Killers in general (because people help the Killer more than they help their Survival attempting 360s). Please be honest in the future, even if not with me, at least to yourself.

  • If this company deemed it a bug, then bugs should be fixed. I'd like to know when it'll be fixed as well.

    If they have no intention of fixing their bugs, then that also tells me quite a lot.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571379#Comment_3571379

    I'm sorry, where did I say I was fine with Drop Stagger Vaults? I've been consistently equating bug-tech and drop stagger as equal evils in the reportable camp, so don't lie. You also clearly didn't read what I wrote, because I said we shouldn't ban people for doing the thing that favors Killers in general (because people help the Killer more than they help their Survival attempting 360s). Please be honest in the future, even if not with me, at least to yourself.

    People don't "help the Killer more than they help their Survival attempting 360s". And it wouldn't matter if it did, because it's still taking advantage of the Forced short M1 attack bug. 360s take advantage of a bug.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They don’t respond to Blight complaints I think they think it’s their best creation. It’s not by the way it’s actually the one killer that turns new players away from this game.

    I mean you might hate him but a lot of people find him one of the most fun killers to play as. Holding w as m1 killers in the mft meta is very boring.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571387#Comment_3571387

    People don't "help the Killer more than they help their Survival attempting 360s". And it wouldn't matter if it did, because it's still taking advantage of the Forced short M1 attack bug. 360s take advantage of a bug.

    It helps the Killer far more because the attempt puts them in a disadvantageous position in the vast majority of cases, even when used by people who know what they are doing. If a baby Blight bug techs, they are likely to do so by accident, and hurt themselves by doing so. As such you wouldn't bother reporting the baby Blight who goofed up. The person who understands how to exploit the bug should be reported for their use of it, as they removed the failures and only utilize the successes. Same for drop vaults, baby ignore, skilled player report, especially since the baby is likely to revault back into you as Killer.

    Now I have been basing the 360s based off of my experience as Killer. For every 100 attempts, I probably get hit by 1 of them. The other 99 attempts cause me to gain massive distance or save time going to hook. If those numbers are different for you or others as Killer, then by all means share them.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571420#Comment_3571420

    It helps the Killer far more because the attempt puts them in a disadvantageous position in the vast majority of cases, even when used by people who know what they are doing. If a baby Blight bug techs, they are likely to do so by accident, and hurt themselves by doing so. As such you wouldn't bother reporting the baby Blight who goofed up. The person who understands how to exploit the bug should be reported for their use of it, as they removed the failures and only utilize the successes. Same for drop vaults, baby ignore, skilled player report, especially since the baby is likely to revault back into you as Killer.

    Now I have been basing the 360s based off of my experience as Killer. For every 100 attempts, I probably get hit by 1 of them. The other 99 attempts cause me to gain massive distance or save time going to hook. If those numbers are different for you or others as Killer, then by all means share them.

    So you would be ok if BHVR nerfed 360s, since according to you, it just hurts survivors more than helps them?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571338#Comment_3571338

    BHVR could just keep the secondary collision mechanic, but when Blight presses M2, the game checks if Blight is too close to an object he is facing, and if he is, then the M2 request is ignored.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571374#Comment_3571374

    So you have a double standard, where bugs that favor killer should be reported, but bugs that favor survivors should not be reported. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

    Right, so his power becomes super clunky to use like knight's where you just randomly can't use your power for some reason and you don't know why.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571434#Comment_3571434

    So you would be ok if BHVR nerfed 360s, since according to you, it just hurts survivors more than helps them?

    I don't care either way for 360s because it adds nothing of value to the game. Some people like the gambling rush of 1 to 100 odds, and don't care about the 99 times they lose because the emotional high of the 1 means more to them. I prefer to do a weighted analysis and look at it big picture. That's why I don't do it as Surv, and like running into it as Killer. Especially since as you claim, it is a bug, so it isn't a nerf, its a bugfix.

    A bugfix would be preferable to me for hug tech, drop stagger vaults, Demo Shred and Billy Saw hitting invisible walls, aim-dressing/autoaim hitting walls (by making it a toggle-able option), and Oni flicking to go beyond the frontal 180 degrees. All bugs, all better fixed (or optional for autoaim).

    It seems like you are trying to make this a factional issue (Surv v Killer) when it isn't.

  • You can't react to a Blight bouncing against the same wall a couple times to think, hey he might be trying to do something? Or do you think a Blight sliding on the wall is hug tech?

  • @Mr_K said:

    You can't react to a Blight bouncing against the same wall a couple times to think, hey he might be trying to do something? Or do you think a Blight sliding on the wall is hug tech?

    This is exactly what I’ve been trying to say! xD

    It is sooo easy to predict and then recognize and react accordingly.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571434#Comment_3571434

    So you would be ok if BHVR nerfed 360s, since according to you, it just hurts survivors more than helps them?

    Please bring back the smooth movement animations that were ditched for no reason other than "muh moonwalks". I would be so happy to not be stuck forever with janky ps2 survivor animations.

    Also fix blights exploits.

  • ...i guess? lol

    I think I'd go a step further to call it a leadership/design direction issue. Cause last I heard, MMR works exactly the way it was designed to

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3571092#Comment_3571092

    ...i guess? lol

    I think I'd go a step further to call it a leadership/design direction issue. Cause last I heard, MMR works exactly the way it was designed to

    I would not say that, the problem is just that the system cannot find appropriate people, if there were enough players it would work just fine but since the majority of the community wanted queue times between 3 and max 7 minutes this is what we got now...

  • Even if even oneself says morals and a rule to a person thinking that it should be fun how long, it is useless.

    I was disgusted with the evildoing of such a scoundrel, and many people left to others.

    Even a primary schoolchild is intelligible reason

    I will laugh at the chimpanzee

  • I don't really care how balanced or fair it is, but I hate how devs said it's a bug a few years ago, but never bothered to fix it. Either say it's a feature or fix it already.

  • From the lack of response it looks like we aren't getting any information regarding this.

    I'd say just figure out how to counter it and hope for the best. I don't think it's healthy for any game to continue to have bugs in it.

    FWIW blight isn't a problem for me, they rage quit on me frequently, but a bug is a bug and needs to be fixed, or just say it's intended and we know and can go along our way. I don't care either way anymore, I'd just like to know if I'm supporting a company that keeps bugs this long and I think that's fair.

  • @Ariel_Starshine said:

    From the lack of response it looks like we aren't getting any information regarding this.

    I'd say just figure out how to counter it and hope for the best. I don't think it's healthy for any game to continue to have bugs in it.

    FWIW blight isn't a problem for me, they rage quit on me frequently, but a bug is a bug and needs to be fixed, or just say it's intended and we know and can go along our way. I don't care either way anymore, I'd just like to know if I'm supporting a company that keeps bugs this long and I think that's fair.

    If you honestly "don't think it's healthy for any game to continue to have bugs in it" then you should be asking for BHVR to be fixing ALL of Blight's collision bugs.

    Asking for BHVR to fix the one collision bug that helps him, but not asking for BHVR to fix the collision bugs that hurt him, is a bad double standard.

    While we're on the subject of bugs, you should want the Short forced M1 attack bug, that can steal hits from killers, to be fixed too. It's a bug that can steal hits from killers, and you said it's not healthy for games to have bugs, so obviously you'd want that bug fixed too, right?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3572315#Comment_3572315

    If you honestly "don't think it's healthy for any game to continue to have bugs in it" then you should be asking for BHVR to be fixing ALL of Blight's collision bugs.

    Asking for BHVR to fix the one collision bug that helps him, but not asking for BHVR to fix the collision bugs that hurt him, is a bad double standard.

    While we're on the subject of bugs, you should want the Short forced M1 attack bug, that can steal hits from killers, to be fixed too. It's a bug that can steal hits from killers, and you said it's not healthy for games to have bugs, so obviously you'd want that bug fixed too, right?

    Or his double fatigue bug. Or the shoelace bug. Or the delayed fatigue bug. I never see those get brought up.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3572326#Comment_3572326

    Or his double fatigue bug. Or the shoelace bug. Or the delayed fatigue bug. I never see those get brought up.

    If you add all his awful collision issues to that list, on paper no one should be able to run him well! 🤣

    I often wonder what survs think is going on when very good Blights pull of some amazing stuff on them. Stuff that likely took a hundred hours to master.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3572330#Comment_3572330

    If you add all his awful collision issues to that list, on paper no one should be able to run him well! 🤣

    I often wonder what survs think is going on when very good Blights pull of some amazing stuff on them. Stuff that likely took a hundred hours to master.

    I’ve had some very awesome reactions to some absurdly crazy hits I’ve landed. Some salty, some very respectful. My favorite is when I land them and they stop and give me some nods of respect before continuing chase. Gets me every time. xD

  • No you won't get official response, if you try to DM dev or Mandy they won't answer, if you @ them they will warn you or ban you.

    Idk why it's so hard to get an answer, is it going to get fixed with the blight update? Simple yes or no question..

    Thoughts on Blight tech - Page 5 — BHVR

    The thread where it was mentioned to be a bug and that it will be fixed is still opened, so replying to Mandy is not against the rules, now the question is if she will answer, most likely not.. :D

1 2 ›