This event has improved a lot
I just wanna make compliments to BHVR for receiving the feedback from last year and all this time about FOMO halloween costumes.
Last year, to get the shirts you actually had to escape as survivor and I remember many people not liking it, cause on top of that you had to get the bar full for the energy and secure it in a rift.
On top of that I noticed the outfits from past events have been back but for Iri Shards as well, which is pretty great.
This year's event has been a huge improvement so far.
Comments
Aside from in-game event being basically "Cool looking, but useless and harmful".
I agree. New and old skins are back in all glory.=)
I hope we get double xp or something.
The 'event' sucks, but at least the rewards and method toward receiving said rewards are easy enough. In general, engaging in the mechanics beyond the bloodpoints received feels worthless. Generally, survivors will throw the game to focus on the event as it takes too much time away from the actual game.
At the same time, they stated they won't be putting skins on chapter DLCs anymore. It shows they have been actually listening to the community (I really didn't expect an answer from them about this specific matter).
I can't possibly know what event wouldn't suck for you, or if there's been any because you didn't mention any that has been successful.
At least you are not forced to play the "other side" you might not usually play to get 3 sets out of 7 or 8 like 5 years ago. Where also survivors killed themselves on hook once they got all serum. Or those antimates who sucked all the flowers alone which resulted the serum in not being enough for all.
Or the boring stuff we had 2 or 3 years ago where it was just "smash pumpkins" or something.