What Sins did You Commit/Dumb Things Did You Think When You First Started Playing DBD?

Over a year and 2.5k hours in DBD ago, I barely understood how the game worked.

I thought trapper was ridicuolously overpowered, and thought Nurse was weak AF, as I couldn't win a single Nurse game, but won almost every trapper game against baby survivors.

I didn't know the lunge existed until about 20~ hours in, it was revolutionizing to discover it.

I actually thought facecamping was how the game is meant to be played and almost quit!

I also went AFK infront of generators, which worked extremely well...

DBD felt like such a different game when I first started playing.

What did you do when you first started playing?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Back in 2017, when I first started playing, I my first impression was that Hilbilly and Nurse sucked because they would spend way too much time getting stuck on walls and trees. I also thought that Wraith was also bad at first, but then I played a little more and started thinking he was actually good. Wraith was actually the weakest killer at the time. Nurse and Billy were the two best ones.

    I also had way too much trouble against 360 spins... because took me too long to admit the graphic quality I was playing with was dragging my fps down by way too much, so I just couldn't track survivor movement during spins at all as they would skip multiple frames. Then I got tired of it and though "you know what, making the game look good is not worth the suffering", so I changed it and, oh boy, the difference...

  • I used to think that, if a killer brought "Survivor Pudding" as an offering, this somehow meant the killer was going to be cracked every time.

  • I didn’t know Legion could lunge in Frenzy. Every time I was within lunge range of a survivor but not close enough to hit them with a quick (non-lunge) attack before Frenzy ended, I wouldn’t hit them.

  • When I first used dead hard, I pressed “E” right after I saw the prompt after a hit. 💀

  • I'm glad others have mentioned not successfully completing a gen kick process, because I did that a lot.

    It took me a while to learn that crouching also made you quieter, not just harder to see.

  • I farmed and then put all slots exhaustion perks, lmao.

  • @Spirit_IsTheBest said:

    I first mained Claudette so Botany Knowledge and Hope confused me a lot.

    • In Hope’s perk description it says “it gives you wings” I actually thought it gave you wings so I was so sad when I found out it didn’t.
    • In Botany Knowledge it says that “plants around the campfire help with healing” so I went around the map crouching and trying to look for the plants for that extra speed unknowingly that I already had it.

    I was the same with Botany Knowledge. I remember I avoided using the perk because it sounded like too much work, having to find plants lol

  • i remember thinking that Hex: huntresses lullaby would give any killer her lullaby to try to confuse them or something

  • Thought this game would always be fun and wouldn't turn into a hellish slog.

1 2 ›