Anyone else getting a "no network connection" error?

dbdlogin.png

I'm obviously connected to the internet and Steam, because I'm posting here and launching the game. Steam flatpak is up to date and I've tried rebooting my PC. Noticed that none of my other Steam friends are on DbD at the moment so I'm wondering if there's an outage.

Comments

  • You are not alone friend. Keep getting stuck at "Preparing to Login" and then I get the error

  • Yeah happened once but then it let me in for some reason.


  • I had quite a few games where all 5 participants DCed and got a penalty. And I also had a start up where I was greeted with a EAC message that I should validate my files, as they found something, OR ELSE! It was resolved after file validation, but stuff like this is kinda scary, and I never ever so much as installed item overlays, because I definitely don't want to tinker with any of DBDs files.

    20231014131538_1.jpg 20231014134340_1.jpg image.png


  • Not sure if related, but I'm having it with other games too right now. Though Steam isn't reporting issues either.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I had quite a few games where all 5 participants DCed and got a penalty. And I also had a start up where I was greeted with a EAC message that I should validate my files, as they found something, OR ELSE! It was resolved after file validation, but stuff like this is kinda scary, and I never ever so much as installed item overlays, because I definitely don't want to tinker with any of DBDs files.

    I get an EAC error every now and then when I have conflicting OS and Steam updates. Unfortunately have to run a bit of a frankenstein setup between Linux, the Steam flatpak, and Proton. It won't give you the ban hammer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It looks like Steam is the issue

    https://downdetector.com/status/steam/

    Ah darn. Appreciate the heads up. Back to my FF7 playthrough then.

  • Oh yeah! From 36 of my DBD friends, only one is inside the game right now, this is rare and a clear indicator that "something is up" ;)

    I guess right now no one can actually join the servers, but those who are currently playing can still stay. Mybe thats just a big update?