What happened to "we will make all survivor equally loud when injured"?

It has been about a year since the big meta change and the nerf of Iron Will. Back then I had the concern that the perk would not be as beneficial to some loud characters like Jeff or Bill as it is to Ace or Ada who are naturally more quiet. I made a post about this and the question was also addressed by a following QnA stating that they plan on making all Survivors having the same volume when injured.

@LapisInfernalis said:

First things first: I may be a survivor main but I am generally glad they finally nerfed the perk. Just not how I expected. And I think there might be a problem, that needs to be addressed.

What the problem is: All Survivors have different volumes regarding their breathing and grunts of pain. Ace is super quiet (like having inbuild IW 2), whereas Jeff, Ash or Haddie are super loud.

Here is a 2 year old video of Otzdarva regarding this. This is still accurate and might get you to understand my problem.

https://youtu.be/P0aFo4lPARw

Ace will not suffer from the IW nerf (I rarely used the perk on him anyway) but characters who are a lot louder than the average will suffer. Often they are also rarely played characters too (this loudness is probably one of the reasons they are picked less), so this would make them even more unpopular.

I am a Jeff Main and the single reason why I used IW on him, was so I would not have a loud bear sitting at the Gen who could be heard across the map. Same goes for Ash.

Fix this and the changes might be fine.

Although there will be many Spirits again who use Stridor to get ez kills. I really did not miss that time, but here we are.... Fixing that issue would need an IW/Stridor/Spirit rework that is not meant for this post. But if you'd like to hear it, I will dig it up from one of my ancient posts here.


Nothing happened. Newer characters are more on the same noise level though (except Rebecca for some reason).

Is there anything planned or is it not possible to change anymore because the voice actors of older characters are no longer available? I would just like to know.

Thank you.

Comments

  • @MetalJesus said:

    Yeah, kinda unfair when you compare Bill/Jeff/Jane with Ace, or Zarina. It's bad enough to have different visual model sizes.

    If you can hide Jeff in it, you can hide everyone else in it too.

    But yeah, that is also a handicap.

  • Yes! I'm also still waiting for this... I remember they specifically said they would look at this issue when nerfing Iron Will.

    You're literally at a disadvantage if you choose to play Jeff, Jane, Haddie, Laurie, Bill, Ash, Feng, Claire and others I can't think of at the moment.

    Why is an uninjured Jeff simply just running almost louder than an injured Ada? Nonsense.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    It has been about a year since the big meta change and the nerf of Iron Will. Back then I had the concern that the perk would not be as beneficial to some loud characters like Jeff or Bill as it is to Ace or Ada who are naturally more quiet. I made a post about this and the question was also addressed by a following QnA stating that they plan on making all Survivors having the same volume when injured.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/330242/new-iron-will-is-unfair-and-here-is-why

    Nothing happened. Newer characters are more on the same noise level though (except Rebecca for some reason).

    Is there anything planned or is it not possible to change anymore because the voice actors of older characters are no longer available? I would just like to know.

    Thank you.

    BHVR could easily use the existing sound files.

    The big question is "how loud should all the survivors be"? Because maybe BHVR can't agree on this? Maybe someone at BHVR wants everyone to be as loud as Ada, and someone at BHVR wants everyone to be as loud as Jeff? Have you noticed that no one at BHVR has ever told us which survivor is going to be the loudness standard that everyone else is based on?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/393685/what-happened-to-we-will-make-all-survivor-equally-loud-when-injured

    BHVR could easily use the existing sound files.

    The big question is "how loud should all the survivors be"? Because maybe BHVR can't agree on this? Maybe someone at BHVR wants everyone to be as loud as Ada, and someone at BHVR wants everyone to be as loud as Jeff? Have you noticed that no one at BHVR has ever told us which survivor is going to be the loudness standard that everyone else is based on?

    They should just find a middleground. Honestly most survivors' injured sounds are fine the way they are. They really only need to change the outliers. No one should be as loud as Jeff and no one should be as quiet as Ace and Ada. A few others come to mind like Claire, Ash, and Jane that are particularly loud too.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That’s just not realistic track star Meg isn’t gonna sound the same as like Bill the smoker etc etc

    We're discussing a game where a spider eldritch god kidnaps people and psycho murderers alike to play games of escape for eternity for its own entertainment. Realism left the room two sentences ago.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/393685/what-happened-to-we-will-make-all-survivor-equally-loud-when-injured

    BHVR could easily use the existing sound files.

    The big question is "how loud should all the survivors be"? Because maybe BHVR can't agree on this? Maybe someone at BHVR wants everyone to be as loud as Ada, and someone at BHVR wants everyone to be as loud as Jeff? Have you noticed that no one at BHVR has ever told us which survivor is going to be the loudness standard that everyone else is based on?

    I don't care which survivor they decide to be the yard stick for the others. I just want everyone to be as loud as the others.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3560662#Comment_3560662

    Maybe just use iron will I’m assuming you are a Jeff main people sound different it’s just a thing

    My post is the reason why Iron Will is ######### on some characters. While I will be basically inaudible as Ada or Ace while using it, I will be still heard as much like those 2 without the perk when playing Jeff, Ash, Bill, Haddie or Jane.

  • @MetalJesus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3560668#Comment_3560668

    So now you think it is fine to have mandatory perks for survivors? Good to know.

    Playing certain character should not give you a disadvantage.

    Exactly. It's hard enough to play the largest survivor out there who does only fit behind 30% of stuff other survivors can hide behind. No need to sound like a wild bear too.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3560863#Comment_3560863

    Bills older smoked a lot…. Ace has lived his whole life dealing with danger and he’s younger there’s your answer maybe

    So Feng should be loud as hell because she's been a couch potato all her life? And what about Jill or Chris? They are special forces and in their late 20s/early 30s. So they should not cry as loud?

    We are not talking about realism here but game balance. And as many people above said: all survivors should have the chance to get the same effect of IW.