DS for killers

How about a DS perk for killers?
Death Strike
You start the game with an amount of tokens equal to DS amount of the survivors, at least 1.
You can activate the perk like every other exhaustion perk. (Press shift or whatever)
If activated you use up a token and need to succeed in a skill check. If successfully hit the check, the next hit instadowns a survivor.
When all gens are powered you can hit the skill check, and if you succeed you can perform a Mori on a down survivor.

This would be the exact game mechanical equal to the survivors DS, so no complain about it would be too op.

With this DS don't need to be nerfed, we all have the same options.

And thanks to the exhaust mechanic you cannot just chain DS.

Comments

  • I agree with actually just nerfing the hell out of DS. I'm not so sure why this hasn't been done already. I hate to say it, but it might be a good idea to disable DS until a fix can be found for it. That perk should really be priority on the list of things that need balancing.

  • You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

  • @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    NOED is nothing like DS.
    You can counter NOED, you cannot chose when to use NOED.
    Learn first about the game mechanic and how DS and NOED are completely different perks and the influence the game on different ways.
    NOED won't help you in the early game, has no potential to snowball off or brake a stalemate. NOED is not the "I win button" DS CAN be.
    With DS you can extend a chase or completely nullify it at any point of the game and even grants you a free escape in the endgame. With no counterplay I mind you.

    So no, NOED is not as bad as DS for survivors. Please stop saying this and spreading this misinformation.

    Thank you!

  • @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

  • @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

  • @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

  • @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Nah thanatophobia won't slow it down by 100 seconds, it's barely noticable. Noed for 100 seconds. Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

  • @Cymer said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    NOED is nothing like DS.
    You can counter NOED, you cannot chose when to use NOED.
    Learn first about the game mechanic and how DS and NOED are completely different perks and the influence the game on different ways.
    NOED won't help you in the early game, has no potential to snowball off or brake a stalemate. NOED is not the "I win button" DS CAN be.
    With DS you can extend a chase or completely nullify it at any point of the game and even grants you a free escape in the endgame. With no counterplay I mind you.

    So no, NOED is not as bad as DS for survivors. Please stop saying this and spreading this misinformation.

    Thank you!

    Man you're always there with a good way to shut me down well said. They might be different but they both need to be reworked. I'd rework DS to make it as great as deja vu and remove noed.

  • @rsb @Poweas @Cymer

    NOED=Crutch, DS=Crutch. 

    Regardless of the variables sorroudning these two perks, they both give an easy game changer for both sides.
    These perks are both Crutch.
  • @Speshul_Kitten said:
    @rsb @Poweas @Cymer

    NOED=Crutch, DS=Crutch. 

    Regardless of the variables sorroudning these two perks, they both give an easy game changer for both sides.
    These perks are both Crutch.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

  • Yes, please. We need a perk that's a counterpart to DS. Right now, there is no such perk.

  • @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too. No, I don't run NOED, as it is a waste of a perk slot.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

    Do you see your own double standards?

  • @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too.

    Instablind doesn't exist anymore, I am a Claudette man but I hate Ochido with a burning passion, I only play Nea since I gotta level Claudette and I don't want to play her atm, her perks suck.

  • @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too. No, I don't run NOED, as it is a waste of a perk slot.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

    Do you see your own double standards?

    Yes. I hate both those perks and I don't flame DS as much as I flame NOED. Because DS isn't as much as an issue for me cause you can juggle.

  • @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too. No, I don't run NOED, as it is a waste of a perk slot.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

    Do you see your own double standards?

    Yes. I hate both those perks and I don't flame DS as much as I flame NOED. Because DS isn't as much as an issue for me cause you can juggle.

    NOED isn't as much of an issue for me because you can break totems or stealth.

  • Instead of solving the problem lets create another one.

    Clap.

  • @Cymer said:
    How about a DS perk for killers?
    Death Strike
    You start the game with an amount of tokens equal to DS amount of the survivors, at least 1.
    You can activate the perk like every other exhaustion perk. (Press shift or whatever)
    If activated you use up a token and need to succeed in a skill check. If successfully hit the check, the next hit instadowns a survivor.
    When all gens are powered you can hit the skill check, and if you succeed you can perform a Mori on a down survivor.

    This would be the exact game mechanical equal to the survivors DS, so no complain about it would be too op.

    With this DS don't need to be nerfed, we all have the same options.

    And thanks to the exhaust mechanic you cannot just chain DS.

    Wait I just read this again and yes that's a decent idea. It'd have to be part of a DLC since DS is slightly harder to earn.

  • @Orion said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too. No, I don't run NOED, as it is a waste of a perk slot.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

    Do you see your own double standards?

    Yes. I hate both those perks and I don't flame DS as much as I flame NOED. Because DS isn't as much as an issue for me cause you can juggle.

    NOED isn't as much of an issue for me because you can break totems or stealth.

    I just downright hate it there's no loss to the killer. Even if you break the totems it delays the game by however long totems take (pretty sure thats 20 seconds per totem which delays it by 100 seconds, 1 min 40 seconds) and that's a win/win in my eyes. I just hate it. Also I forgot to mention DS with that wiggle mechanic when your not the guy with the sign, is also disgustingly OP. I think it should be reworked so that only 1 person can run it and the others who run it, get a random perk.

  • I'm a survivor main again btw so I can git gud again since I'm an ok killer as Spirit, Hag or Nurse but I suck at survivor atm. And I'm not being biased when I say that NOED is a massive issue it should be something that is earned. Just make it so that you have to earn it by hooking everyone at least once but if you succeed, one totem is 'revived' and you get ur exposed + 5% speed + 10% decreased cooldown. It rewards a killer for messing up all game at the moment, it's stupidly overpowered and in my eyes is as annoying as DS.

    Just check out my thread of reworks to both of them
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33444/d-strike-and-noed/p1
    I'm not biased when I say that they're both ridiculous. And I find it really hard to understand when killers defend NOED or when survivors defend D strike.

  • @Poweas said:

    @Orion said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too. No, I don't run NOED, as it is a waste of a perk slot.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

    Do you see your own double standards?

    Yes. I hate both those perks and I don't flame DS as much as I flame NOED. Because DS isn't as much as an issue for me cause you can juggle.

    NOED isn't as much of an issue for me because you can break totems or stealth.

    I just downright hate it there's no loss to the killer. Even if you break the totems it delays the game by however long totems take (pretty sure thats 20 seconds per totem which delays it by 100 seconds, 1 min 40 seconds) and that's a win/win in my eyes. I just hate it. Also I forgot to mention DS with that wiggle mechanic when your not the guy with the sign, is also disgustingly OP. I think it should be reworked so that only 1 person can run it and the others who run it, get a random perk.

    It's a maximum of 100 seconds (going off by your number because I'm not sure either, and it doesn't really matter for the sake of argument) and a minimum of 40. Like generators, it always depends on how many Survivors are working on them simultaneously.
    80 seconds per generator likewise means it can take anywhere from 160 seconds to 400 seconds for them to be fully repaired, assuming no regression, assuming that only one Survivor is working on any given generator, and assuming no progression buffs of any kind.

  • @Orion said:

    @Poweas said:

    @Orion said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:

    @RSB said:

    @Poweas said:
    You got NOED which is just as bad as DS calm down. If you say that it can be blocked then what about the 20 seconds per token which delays the gaem by 100 seconds (1 min 40 secs). That's broken. Even if it gets blocked it still slows the game down a ton and if you let it be it's still giving you a free 4k stop moaning about it. Nerf DS and remove NOED. That's it. Cancer will be gone.

    Yeah, because DS can be destroyed before even getting active and can be used only when the gens are done.

    Oh, wait...

    Are you blind? I literally wrote that NOED slows down the game anyway so it's a win/win.

    kek

    So does Thanatophobia. Would you call it win/win too?

    Also since you probably run NOED, out of 10 games, in how many games does it get blocked. Don't lie and say all 10 be honest.

    And you are probably a P3 ochikid claudette with instablind
    See? I can strawman too. No, I don't run NOED, as it is a waste of a perk slot.

    DS=Rework, NOED=Remove.

    Do you see your own double standards?

    Yes. I hate both those perks and I don't flame DS as much as I flame NOED. Because DS isn't as much as an issue for me cause you can juggle.

    NOED isn't as much of an issue for me because you can break totems or stealth.

    I just downright hate it there's no loss to the killer. Even if you break the totems it delays the game by however long totems take (pretty sure thats 20 seconds per totem which delays it by 100 seconds, 1 min 40 seconds) and that's a win/win in my eyes. I just hate it. Also I forgot to mention DS with that wiggle mechanic when your not the guy with the sign, is also disgustingly OP. I think it should be reworked so that only 1 person can run it and the others who run it, get a random perk.

    It's a maximum of 100 seconds (going off by your number because I'm not sure either, and it doesn't really matter for the sake of argument) and a minimum of 40. Like generators, it always depends on how many Survivors are working on them simultaneously.
    80 seconds per generator likewise means it can take anywhere from 160 seconds to 400 seconds for them to be fully repaired, assuming no regression, assuming that only one Survivor is working on any given generator, and assuming no progression buffs of any kind.

    But if we were to look at how much time it takes a survivor to find the totems it'll be about 10-20 seconds depending on how aware they are which still slows down the game a decent amount. Gens need to take 120 seconds to be fully repaired in my opinion but they should make hitting a great more rewarding so it'll give 5% of the full gen rather than 2% which is what I think it is curently. There's a lot of problems with this game but in my opinion, NOED and DS needs to be adressed first then look at genrushing.

  • Balance the game? Are you kidding?

    What kind of developers in their right mind would ever want to do that?
  • weirdkid5 said:

    I agree with actually just nerfing the hell out of DS. I'm not so sure why this hasn't been done already. I hate to say it, but it might be a good idea to disable DS until a fix can be found for it. That perk should really be priority on the list of things that need balancing.

    I completely agree. It needs to be disabled until tjey figure out a solution for it.

    NOED in the short term just needs to be disabled on camping killers. If someone uses a weak killer like Wraith and they get looped for 5 gens let them have noed. It sucks but at least it adds some fear of the killer as there has been none all game.

    However if someone just sits and watches people die knowing they can mop up the rest with NOED then screw them. If the killer stays within the proximity of hooked survivors for too long then it shouldn't activate. Likewise if they hook the same survivor 3 times in a row. Motivate bad killers to make an effort, then they get rewarded eith their precious NOED.
  • There's a reason Killers don't have Skill Checks, y'know.