Why do the new maps have pallets at every corner?

with the last 3 DLCs, we’ve had vastly flat maps, each ridden with cover and objects throughout the terrain, whether that’s a wagon or cover, or a plant, it’s endless, it’s like being in a jungle, where it’s ridiculous for killers. There’s so many pallets and so many loops, maps prior had a fair amount, you had of course the main ones like killer shack, the L’s or whatever they’re called but with the last 3 maps (Knight, Singularity, Xeno) there’s loops that are just as viable as killer shack and with such a flat terrain with clear visibility outside of all the random obstacles that are placed for what feels like no reason. Point being, the amount of pallets placed and how close each pallet is from the other is insane and really makes running killer a pain compared to how it previously played out.

Comments

  • Well, eventually, we all get used to it don't you think? I mean Borgo used to give great visibility to killers. At least now one can hide properly. These are "new" maps and killers will probably get the hang of them.

  • You surely have proof that on those maps the pallet ratio is different than on all other maps, right?

  • @Chaosrider said:

    You surely have proof that on those maps the pallet ratio is different than on all other maps, right?

    Played nostromo once and saw 16 pallets. Only 2 of which was from a gym and 1 edge map. Played wreckers yard 3 times and the pallet count only got up to 13 at max with 3 gyms having pallets spawned and even then 2 of the pallets were edge map pallets.

    Played garden and got 17 pallets with 2 of them being from a gym. Hell even 6-7 of them were situated at the bottom near the shack and gyms as filler/shack pallet.

  • @CorvusCorax86 said:

    Well, eventually, we all get used to it don't you think? I mean Borgo used to give great visibility to killers. At least now one can hide properly. These are "new" maps and killers will probably get the hang of them.

    Like how killers "got the hang of" Garden of Joy.

  • Honestly, I have won numerous matches on this map. I never follow any guides or recommendations on builds as I follow what I like. If it is an SWF I always lose. I am long past the point where I think a map determines whether or not I can win. If it is a good team it doesn't matter what I do.

    And I see it in SoloQ, as well. We can only complete one gen (be it a small or bigger map with lots of pallets) if the killer is good.

  • @CorvusCorax86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554797#Comment_3554797

    Honestly, I have won numerous matches on this map. I never follow any guides or recommendations on builds as I follow what I like. If it is an SWF I always lose. I am long past the point where I think a map determines whether or not I can win. If it is a good team it doesn't matter what I do.

    And I see it in SoloQ, as well. We can only complete one gen (be it a small or bigger map with lots of pallets) if the killer is good.

    So whenever you get a SWF group on Garden of Joy, you lose…but the map is fine?

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3555311#Comment_3555311

    So whenever you get a SWF group on Garden of Joy, you lose…but the map is fine?

    Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all the rework they do. The one that I needed to be changed was Borgo. And some of the "old" maps. I would put GoJ at the bottom of that list.

  • The same reason the game is still unchanged with its millions of pallets, why garden of joy still has car loop house of pain and dark room, and why badham is still badham

  • Really.. ? I'm trying to see it but I can't, Nostromo has 1 decent loop in main building, rest of the map is unsafe/weak with dead zones in corners. And no shack is already a huge + for most of the killer roster

    Toba landing is fairly balanced and borgo is already getting a rework/reduced size, it's not even close to maps like GoJ or badham