Thanks to Tome Challanges, I Loved Singularity

It's actually one of the most genius ideas from BHVR to make tomes for new characters after original chapter released.

I hated Singularity at his first weeks, i never touched him after few games.

But his tome challanges made me play him and i am quiet enjoyed. And more i played him, more i liked him. He is honestly one of the most fun killers ever. Easily he is in my top 5.

If his tome was not after chapter released, i probably would never play him.

Comments

  • Glad to see Hux being appreciated, but what exactly was it that changed your perspective on him? I've been working through the rest of the killer roster so I'm always keen to read about Killers I haven't played yet.

    The common criticisms are power is too much effort and is too situational to get consistent value when combined with survivors being able to EMP all his pods.

    A general concensus I've seen is Soma Family Photo is a required add-on for him, the haste boost making it much easier to successfully capitalise when you teleport to a Survivor.

    Do you agree having this add-on in some form as base kit would improve HUX? Does he need improving?

  • For me it was just the contrary. I didn´t had an opinion on Singularity. But after attempting the archive challenges as someone who never played him, with my mmr matching me against the survivors i would usually go against, leading to unenjoyable matches.

    I can honestly say that thx to archive challenges i will never touch Singularty again.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    It's actually one of the most genius ideas from BHVR to make tomes for new characters after original chapter released.

    I hated Singularity at his first weeks, i never touched him after few games.

    But his tome challanges made me play him and i am quiet enjoyed. And more i played him, more i liked him. He is honestly one of the most fun killers ever. Easily he is in my top 5.

    If his tome was not after chapter released, i probably would never play him.

    That is great. Truly.

    I however still feel he does nothing better than anyone. So I still play anyone else.

  • I agree. When I first played Singularity I hated him, but after doing the archive challenges I’ve been only playing him for the past few days. He is a lot more fun now than he used to be.

    However he can still be pretty frustrating at times and I hope they address they eventually.

    @UndeddJester said:

    Glad to see Hux being appreciated, but what exactly was it that changed your perspective on him? I've been working through the rest of the killer roster so I'm always keen to read about Killers I haven't played yet.

    The common criticisms are power is too much effort and is too situational to get consistent value when combined with survivors being able to EMP all his pods.

    A general concensus I've seen is Soma Family Photo is a required add-on for him, the haste boost making it much easier to successfully capitalise when you teleport to a Survivor.

    Do you agree having this add-on in some form as base kit would improve HUX? Does he need improving?

    I honestly think EMPs are fine as it isn’t that hard to re-shoot them after. The problem though is that a LOT of the time it’s very frustrating to do so because of how the targeting system works. I think he just needs some QoL fixes rather than major buffs.

    If I could change anything about Singularity I would either:

    • Reduce the amount of visibility needed on a survivor to shoot them. Right now you can see a survivor clearly but something is blocking their torso slightly so it gets canceled
    • Retain how much progress you have locked onto a survivor for about 1-2 seconds after losing sight so if a branch or something does interrupt you then you can still shoot them not long after and not have to reset the whole thing or risk them running out of range
    • When selecting a pod, prioritise whichever pod was just placed for a couple seconds so that you don’t shoot a pod mid chase but then accidentally select the camera across the map
    • Give him the 2 extra biopods add on base kit so that using pods in chase doesn’t destroy your web of cameras as easily.
  • @UndeddJester said:

    Glad to see Hux being appreciated, but what exactly was it that changed your perspective on him? I've been working through the rest of the killer roster so I'm always keen to read about Killers I haven't played yet.

    The common criticisms are power is too much effort and is too situational to get consistent value when combined with survivors being able to EMP all his pods.

    A general concensus I've seen is Soma Family Photo is a required add-on for him, the haste boost making it much easier to successfully capitalise when you teleport to a Survivor.

    Do you agree having this add-on in some form as base kit would improve HUX? Does he need improving?

    My biggest mistake was to using him like area control killer. Now i am using biopods on chase only, even they use EMP it's not hard to infect them again. And also survivors are making a lot mistakes when they try to break LoS on your biopods.

    I just found him pretty fun to use.

    Soma Family Photo is amazing add-on , yeah. But i don't think he seriously needs that. But i want some QoL changes for him. He does not need any buff but some QoL changes will make him better to play.