The stale perk-Meta

First of all, let me show you the unofficial stats from nightlight:

Screenshot_20231001_102108_Opera.jpg Screenshot_20231001_102124_Opera.jpg


While the top5-Killer-Perks are pretty close together (5%), the top5-Survivor-Perks are pretty interesting (15% between P1 and P5).

This does NOT mean that I want WoO nerfed or anything, but its kinda interesting to see how stale especially the survivor-meta is. WoO, Made for this and Resilience are in every single lobby when I play survivor and when I play killer, while on killer side, we mostly see a bit more variety. I assume thats because we have more variety on killer-side OR IN MY WORDS more perks closer together to each other.

On Killer-Side, Im pretty sure Ultimate Weapon will rise in stats, also Rapid Brutality is a perk I see here and there.

We need more perks worth using especially for survivors, because currently, its all about Gen-Speedup and Chase-Extension.

How about buffing the team-perks heavily, so that its worth it being together with another one. How about making stealth-gameplay better, because the hide-and-seek-gameplay is currently dead.

I feel myself as a killer-main and I have to say: Im thrilled when I see someone using different stuff, because its ALWAYS Made for this, Adre/Hope, Resilience, Prove Thyself, Windows, Sprint Burst and Deja-Vu.

On killer-side, Hex-Perks are pretty weak on most maps, not because the effect is weak, but the totem-survival-chance is. Current Undying could be Basekit to any Hex for example to make it more worth OR the Face the Darkness-Effect of Hexes are capable of moving.

Comments

  • WoO needs a nerf, it’s a crutch perk that’s too strong and consistently the most used perk in the game even pre-Dead Hard nerf.


    Or instead give killers a hard counter like a perk that causes blindness in chases or something.

  • @Fuzzycube said:

    WoO needs a nerf, it’s a crutch perk that’s too strong and consistently the most used perk in the game even pre-Dead Hard nerf.

    Or instead give killers a hard counter like a perk that causes blindness in chases or something.

    How is it too strong?

    Usage rate =/= strength

    Self care as a high usage rate and its a borderline killer perks.

  • @Dogma_loki said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554541#Comment_3554541

    People like you is why I don't even play the game anymore.

    What is wrong with me then?

    All I did was to point out how the game is right now.

    Would love to see it any other way. When I play killer I go for as many hooks as possible. I main pig so, sometimes that's 12 and sometimes that's a lot less. Would prefer to go for 8 to 12 every game.

    Please don't make me some kind of devil that is here to make your game experience as miserable as possible. I dont predict what kind of player you are because I have no way of knowing. Please do the same.

  • @Yatol said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554721#Comment_3554721

    How is it too strong?

    Usage rate =/= strength

    Self care as a high usage rate and its a borderline killer perks.

    I wouldn't say it's too strong in any way. But I have to agree that many players crutch on it. No matter what level of play they are.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554493#Comment_3554493

    Yes. Every time a perk gets made basekit, it takes away from perk variety and more calcifies the meta. May main hot take always was "if you deem a perk good and desirable enough that you want it basekit, why not just equip it?". It worked for me. In the days following the medkit nerf the game was basically flooded with Adrenalin; its still a very common perk, but for a while there were three Adrenalins in every single game. During that time I just equipped Terminus and it worked; thats how a living meta works: something becomes strong due to a buff or some player calls out a strong interaction and now everybody uses it. In response the other side expects you using that perk, so they already arange a counter pick in their loadout. Eventually the effectiveness of the first option wanes, because people expect to have to counter it and peeps again vary their builds, until the next new meta perk arises, etc. etc.

    But for most of DBDs lifetime, the survivor meta is moving at a glacial pace, and all this basekit additions aren't helping one bit.

    There is only ONE thing that I would add to basekit: mini BBQ. After hooking a survivor show the killer the aura of a singel survivor x meter away. Killers of the past had BBQ equipped for the BP bonus, but the perk showed them opportunities that were worthwile and peeled them away from hook. Another good addition might be to bring back the old +25% more BP part as basekit, but only increase the counter if all 4 survivors are still in the game; ie if the killer tunnels the first survivor out their bonus will stop at 25%, but if they hook each seperate survivor before going in for a kill, this nets them +100% bonus BP. Its simple and elegant and would help a lot to incentivice killers to spread hooks and leave hooks to go hunting.

    Tbf, I feel like that mini bbq would just be regular bbq, how often do you see all 4 survivors in the same direction? You can only chase one anyways

1 2 ›